Columbia, SC Gym Challenge

Discussion in 'Regional Championships' started by Feraligatr, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

This is the first weekend for the Gym Challenges. Don't miss out on the opportunity to win an invite and trip to Orlando, Florida for the World Championship!!! Plus a chance to see what everyone is playing!!! See details below and feel free to email me with any questions at jockeyridge@yahoo.com. Hope to see everyone there!!!

3400 Forest Dr, Suite 2044
    Columbia, SC
    803-787-4600

Directions
    Take the Forest Dr exit off I-77 (exit 12) toward Strom Thurmond Blvd/
    Fort Jackson. Turn right onto Forest Dr. The store is located in the Richland
    Mall by Belks. Park on the second floor of the parking garage across from
    Belks.

Date
    Sat, May 8

Registration Time
    2:30pm - 3:30pm
    Decklists will be required and blank ones provided

Start Time
    4:00pm

Entry Fee
    $10

Format
    Modified (Expedition through Team Magma vs Team Aqua including all Nintendo promo cards). If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Warp Point, Switch, etc).

NOTE: After the swiss rounds we will cut to the Top 25% for each age group. These rounds will be single elimination best 2 out of 3 with 45 minute rounds.

Prizes (per age group - 10 & Under, 11-14, 15+)
    1st - A Travel award for you and a guest (must be a parent or legal guardian if under 18) to the 2004 World Championships in Orlando, FL. A Stage 1 VIP Package containing a Saturday Badge to the Origins Game Fair and cool Pokémon Merchandise!!!

2nd - 18 Booster Packs
    3rd thru 4th - 9 Booster Packs
    5th thru 8th - 4 Booster Packs
    9th and After - 1 Booster Pack

Door Prizes
    Pokemon EX Collector's Tins

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  2. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Man,so many events.So little time...wish I could make them all!

Good luck on your GC Jeff(and everyone else for that matter)!

`Sensei

3. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

College studies are keeping me busy, but I hope to attend!

4. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Three weeks to go !!!

5. Adv1sor

Adv1sor New Member

Is the starting time right, 4PM?

Thanks!

6. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Adv1sor I know this probably looks strange but 4pm is the correct start time due to this store has Yu-Gi-Oh tournament beforehand. Future Pokemon tournaments (i.e. next Pre-Release, etc...) are being moved to Sunday.

7. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

This means the tournament won't end until really late...

I really hope we get to come this time.... Theres been a lack of money lately. =\

8. BoDragon

BoDragon Member

I will not be able to make to this one as I have a final exam that evening. I do plan on driving up to one or both in North Carolina.

9. davechri

davechri New Member

Dang, an 8 hour drive to make a 4PM tournament.... I'd have to leave at 8 AM, maybe a little earlier.

Hmmmm....

10. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Please see update to post regarding best 2 out of 3 for single elimination rounds.

11. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

davechri it would be great to have you!!! Hope you can find a way to make it up here!!!

12. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

-=Lucky Egg=- has selected Columbia, South Carolina as a prime target to test itself.

13. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Less than a week to go!!! Look forward to seeing everyone there for a chance to win a trip!!!

14. Feraligatr

Feraligatr New Member

Just received everything for Sat's event. Promo cards are really cool !!! We will also have a Modified side event for the players that don't make the top 25%. Can't wait to see everyone there!!!