Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Comics Come Home

Psycho_Lugia_X

Well they do, literally. The daily comics from my local paper, that is.

Every day I pine for the next installment of my favorite funnies.

I love the suspense of waiting a full day for another episode. I hadn't realized that comics were more than just single gags. When i started reading them daily a few months ago, i realized there were serial plots involved, with a daily gag to keep it light. It's like they are a bunch of sitcoms, but you recieve them one joke at a time...heh...

So, here's what keeps me glued to the...paper...lol

Foxtrot: Man, this family is a perfect balance of kookiness and quirkiness. Their daily expeditions into the jocky, the nerdy, and the pop-y keeps the strip light, personal, and of course, funny.

Baldo: The strange antics are funny, and the characters are human. I can even see my own family in a couple of the characters. While we dont get weekday Baldo in print, I make sure to check it out online (in color!).

La Cucaracha: This is a smart, fearless comic that always impresses. It keeps up with the times and adds a nice spice to what's going on. It's always entertaining to see how the characters in this strip see today's events.

Luann: The characters are so engaging and the plots are light and transfixing. I hate it when i miss an episode because almost every one of them is a little nugget of humor and humanity. The only thing that's lame is the brother...

The Boondocks: As La Cucaracha is the Mexican's fearless torch in the darkness, this would be the blacks'. I connect more to La Cucaracha a little more, since I'm Mexican too, but i still get a kick out of this comic. It's smart and not afraid to speak its mind.

Rex Morgan: Even I, as I type this, cannot believe i am listing this as one of the comics I never miss. My mom was telling me how much she loved this strip when she was younger, and i was interested to find out what she meant. For years i saw this as an unfunny clog in the comic's section. So, rather than make an uneducated assumption, i decided to look into the series. Turns out it is pretty entertaining. It took forever for me to get into the ceaseless plot, but when i did it turned out to be a nice change of pace. Come to think of it, it kinda seems like a series from Lifetime or something...right now there is a kidnapping and a lady with a knife...spooky!

So there's my list of must reads. Any other fans?

Here's my list:

Foxtrot
Pearls Beofre Swine
Get Fuzzy
Dilbert
Peanuts
Sherman's Lagoon

These are the few that I read that appear in nespapers (not my local paper though, so I read them online).

And I read a bunch of other online comics as well, but too many to list.

Back