Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium errata?

trunksigor

Hi, i've been looking at the compendium and i saw some mistakes ( i think) until this text in there:
Star Boomerang (Starmie - Legends Awakened; Misty's Staryu - Gym Challenge)

Q. If a player uses Starmie's "Star Boomerang" attack, do they have to return Starmie to their hand if they have no other Pokemon in play?
A. Yes they do, any they would lose the game immediately. That is, unless your opponent's last Pokemon is Knocked Out by Starmie's Star Boomerang and Starmie is your last Pokemon in play; then the game is a draw. (Aug 7, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

If you look at starmies attack it says, YOU MAY return starmie..., and it sound that you don't have to return if you don't want.

The main errors? that i've seen are some older answers that are incorrect with the most recent rulings, like this rule for delta reduction:

Delta Reduction (Meganium δ - Dragon Frontiers; Deoxys (Defense)δ - Holon Phantoms)

* The correct wording for the "Delta Reduction" attack should be, "During your opponent's next turn, any damage done by attacks from the Defending Pokémon is reduced by 30 (before applying Weakness and Resistance)." This means that the effect of Delta Reduction resides on the Defending Pokémon, not on the one performing the attack. (Jan 18, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can a Pokémon that was attacked with Meganium's "Delta Reduction" use "Feint Attack" to do full damage to Meganium?
A. Feint Attack ignores effects on the Defending Pokémon, but the Delta Reduction effect is on the Pokémon that was attacked by Delta Reduction. Therefore, Feint Attack's damage will be reduced. (Apr 5, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

it has an errata on itself but the texts down are using the second and wrong rule.
I'm sorry if this is not the rigth place to tell this, but i'm a newbie here in the compendium.

[edit: I'm answering this as an edit, because I want to keep it as an open question. Thanks for picking up the typos. We'll have to get them corrected. It looks like a "not" is missing in one and some kind of mental reversal in the other. Don't know how we missed that! - Pop]

Last edited by a moderator:
On closer review, the rulings as pubbed are not wrong (except for the Starmie one).
Just not clear.
I have clarified them

Last edited:
Back