Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium updates for 9/8/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Big ruling below on Blissy EX!
Note that this is a reversal of the FAQ!
This makes the card very playable.

Also, an Aipom ruling for those that have been wondering about this card.

enjoy.

Last edited: Thursday, September 8th, 2005
(Added September 8th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
|
* September 1st 2005 -- MEETING CANCELED --
* September 8th 2005 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

POKEMON POWERS

== BLISSFUL SUPPORT (Blissey EX - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Do I have to be able to discard Energy cards to heal my Pokémon using "Blissful Support"?
A. No, you can heal Pokémon that don't have any energy cards attached to them. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. Do I have to be able to discard Energy cards to heal my Pokémon using "Blissful Support"?
A. Yes. If you don't remove an Energy from a Pokémon, you don't get to heal that Pokémon. (Aug 11, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== DUAL ARMOR (Magcargo - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. If I attach a Rainbow/Multi/Scramble/etc. energy to Magcargo, does that activate its "Dual Armor" Poke-Body?
A. As long as the energy card provides Fighting Energy (whether it is basic or not), Dual Armor would work. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== INTIMIDATING RING (Ursaring - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Does Ursaring's "Intimidating Ring" Poke-BODY prevent coming into play Powers like Zapdos EX's "Legendary Ascent"?
A. Yes, it does. There is no such thing as "coming into play" Powers any more. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== SNAPPY MOVE (Aipom - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Can I use Aipom's "Snappy Move" Poke-POWER if there are no cards left in my deck to draw from? Its text says "you MAY draw a card...", so can I just choose not to draw and then put Aipom on the bottom as the only card in my deck?
A. The Poke-POWER is optional, that's what the "you may" phrase is referring to. If you do not draw a card then you cannot place Aipom into your deck. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== HIDDEN POWER / O (Unown-O - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. What happens to any Pokemon Tools attached to Unown-O when it uses its "Hidden Power" attack?
A. The Unown and all Energy cards attached to it would go into your hand, but any other cards that may be attached to it would go into the discard pile. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== HIDDEN POWER / Z (Unown-Z - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. If I attach Energy Root to Unown-Z, does it still do damage to itself with "Hidden Power"?
A. Just because Energy Root prevents a Pokemon from USING the Poke-Power or Poke-Body, it still HAS it on the card. So Unown-Z would still damage itself when using its Hidden Power. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== MAKE A WISH (Jirachi - EX:Hidden Legends)

Q. If I use HL Jirachi's "Make A Wish" but do not find any evolutions in my deck, does Jirachi still take the damage to itself?
A. No, if you cannot find an evolution you don't place a damage counter on Jirachi. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

== SPIKY SHELL (Forretress - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Does Forretress' "Spiky Shell" damage the pokemon if they retreat to the bench? If not, does it damage the new active pokemon at the end of their turn? Or does it not damage anyone if they switch?
A. The effect of Spiky Shell goes away if the Defending Pokemon retreats, evolves, etc. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== ENERGY ROOT (EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. If I have Energy Root attached to my Pokemon, can it be damaged by Pusle's "Positive Spark" or Minun's "Negative Spark"?
A. Yes it can. Just because Energy Root prevents a Pokemon from USING the Poke-Power or Poke-Body, it still HAS it on the card and therefore could be damaged by the appropriate attack. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I attach Energy Root to Unown-Z, does it still do damage to itself with "Hidden Power"?
A. Just because Energy Root prevents a Pokemon from USING the Poke-Power or Poke-Body, it still HAS it on the card. So Unown-Z would still damage itself when using its Hidden Power. (Sep 8, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back