Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for April 6th, 2023

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, April 6th, 2023
(Added April 6th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* April 6th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== CRAZY CODE (Porygon-Z - SW: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability or Archeops' "Primal Turbo" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokemon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokemon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team; Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

/*** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN UPDATED; See Above ***/
Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokemon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokemon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== EMPEROR'S EYES (Empoleon V - SW: Battle Styles) <SWSH5_40>

Q. If Empoleon V with "Emperor's Eyes" Ability is in the Active Spot and my opponent brings up a Klefki with "Mischievous Lock" into their Active Spot, whose abilities are turned off?
A. Since Emperor's Eyes was in effect before Klefki became active, it takes precedence and Mischievous Lock does not activate as long as Emperor's Eyes is in effect. The converse is also true, if Klefki were active first and Empoleon V is brought up, Emperor's Eyes would not activate. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if Klefki with "Mischievous Lock" and Empoleon V with "Emperor's Eyes" Ability somehow both become active at the same time, like at the start of the game?
A. If Abilities activate at the same time, the Abilities of the player whose turn it is activate first. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== MISCHIEVOUS LOCK (Klefki - SV:Scarlet & Violet) <SV1_96>

Q. If Empoleon V with "Emperor's Eyes" Ability is in the Active Spot and my opponent brings up a Klefki with "Mischievous Lock" into their Active Spot, whose abilities are turned off?
A. Since Emperor's Eyes was in effect before Klefki became active, it takes precedence and Mischievous Lock does not activate as long as Emperor's Eyes is in effect. The converse is also true, if Klefki were active first and Empoleon V is brought up, Emperor's Eyes would not activate. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if Klefki with "Mischievous Lock" and Empoleon V with "Emperor's Eyes" Ability somehow both become active at the same time, like at the start of the game?
A. If Abilities activate at the same time, the Abilities of the player whose turn it is activate first. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== PRIMAL TURBO (Archeops - SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_147>

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability or Archeops' "Primal Turbo" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokemon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokemon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team; Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokemon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokemon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play, can I use Archeops' "Primal Turbo" Ability to attach a Rapid Strike Energy from my deck to a non-Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes, you can use Primal Turbo to attach Rapid Strike Energy to a non-Rapid Strike Pokemon. Normally Rapid Strike Energy would be discarded immediately, but Temple of Sinnoh removes all effects of Special Energy attached to Pokemon, so Rapid Strike Energy would not be discarded. But if Temple of Sinnoh's effect goes away, then Rapid Strike Energy would be discarded. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== IMPERSONATION (Mimikyu - SM: Cosmic Eclipse) <SM12_96>

Q. If I have 6 cards in my hand and use Mimikyu's "Impersonation" attack to discard Erika's Hospitality from my hand, can I use the effect of Erika's Hospitality?
A. Since you have 5 cards in your hand after discarding the Erika's Hospitality you can use its effect. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== ERIKA'S HOSPITALITY (SM: Team Up) <SM9_140>

Q. If I have 6 cards in my hand and use Mimikyu's "Impersonation" attack to discard Erika's Hospitality from my hand, can I use the effect of Erika's Hospitality?
A. Since you have 5 cards in your hand after discarding the Erika's Hospitality you can use its effect. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== TEMPLE OF SINNOH (SW: Astral Radiance) <SWSH10_155>

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play, can I use Archeops' "Primal Turbo" Ability to attach a Rapid Strike Energy from my deck to a non-Rapid Strike Pokemon?
A. Yes, you can use Primal Turbo to attach Rapid Strike Energy to a non-Rapid Strike Pokemon. Normally Rapid Strike Energy would be discarded immediately, but Temple of Sinnoh removes all effects of Special Energy attached to Pokemon, so Rapid Strike Energy would not be discarded. But if Temple of Sinnoh's effect goes away, then Rapid Strike Energy would be discarded. (Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== RAPID STRIKE ENERGY (SW: Battle Styles) <SWSH5-140>

== SPIRAL ENERGY (SW: Chilling Reign) <SWSH6_159>

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

G== DECK <SS_96>, <SV1_86>, <XY5_105>

Here's some info regarding Pokemon ex:
• Older cards that refer to Pokemon-ex should include modern Pokemon ex. Pokemon-ex and Pokemon ex are the same. For example, "Gardevoir ex" from EX Sandstorm has the same name as "Gardevoir ex" from Scarlet & Violet.
• Pokemon ex from the SV series have a Rule Box, but Pokemon ex from the original EX series do not have a Rule Box.
• Pokemon ex are not Pokemon-EX. For example, "Gardevoir ex" from Scarlet & Violet does not have the same name as "Gardevoir-EX" from XY-Primal Clash. Case-sensitivity matters.
(Apr 6, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Back