Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for August 26th, 2021

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, August 26th, 2021
(Added August 26th Rulings and FAQ for SW: Evolving Skies)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* July 8th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 15th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 22nd, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 29th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 5th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 12th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 19th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SW07: Evolving Skies FAQ --
* August 26th, 2021 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== DEW GUARD (Milotic - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Does Milotic's "Dew Guard" Ability prevent Supporter cards from removing Tools or Energy from my Pokémon?
A. No, Pokémon in play are not part of "you or your hand". But it will prevent your opponent from using something like Marnie to make you put your hand on the bottom of your deck and draw a new hand. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== ENTHUSIASTIC DANCE (Ludicolo - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I use Ludicolo's "Enthusiastic Dance" Ability and then play down a new Basic Pokémon after I use the Ability, would that new Pokémon do 100 extra damage this turn?
A. Yes, it doesn't matter when the Pokémon came into play. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== FLUFFY BARRAGE (Jumpluff - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I attack using Jumpluff with the "Fluffy Barrage" Ability, can I do things like attach an Energy or play a Trainer between attacks?
A. No, you would resolve all effects from the first attack and then either perform your second attack or pass. You don't get to go back into the main part of your turn again. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens for "Fluffy Barrage" if Jumpluff is Confused?
A. You need to flip for Confusion twice if you choose to attack twice. One flip for the first attack, then flip again if you decide to attack again. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== PHANTOM TRANSFORMATION (Zoroark - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I use Zoroark's "Phantom Transformation" Ability to put a Stage 1 Pokémon from my discard pile in its place, what happens to any damage counters or Special Conditions or effects that were on the Zoroark?
A. The damage counters and any Special Conditions and any effects will be removed from the newly swapped in Pokémon. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Zoroark's "Phantom Transformation" Ability to put a Stage 1 Pokémon from my discard pile in its place, may I evolve it into a Stage 2 Pokémon right away?
A. The Stage 1 Pokémon you're putting in play is completely new; nothing carries over, and you can't evolve a Stage 1 that came into play that turn. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== SOLAR EVOLUTION (Skiploom - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I attach an Energy card to Skiploom on the same turn it came into play, can I use its "Solar Evolution" Ability to evolve it right away?
A. Yes, you can. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== BUBBLE POD (Vaporeon VMAX - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Vaporeon VMAX's "Bubble Pod" attack says "put a {W} Pokémon from your discard pile onto your Bench". Does that allow me to put a Stage 2 or VMAX Pokémon directly onto the Bench?
A. As long as it's a {W} type yes, that's how it works. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Golurk V's "Rewind Beam" attack to put a Stage 2 Pokémon that was put into play via Vaporeon VMAX's "Bubble Pod" attack into my opponent's hand?
A. No, because while the Stage 2 is considered an "Evolution Pokémon", it is not an "evolved Pokémon" as required by the Rewind Beam attack. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== ELEMENT CHAIN (Cryogonal - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Do I have to attach all of the Energy cards that I find using Cryogonal's "Element Chain" attack?
A. No. Since you are not revealing the cards to your opponent, you can choose not to attach any Energy cards if you don't want to and put them back into your deck. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== LIVE PAINTING (Smeargle - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I reveal 5 {R} Energy with Smeargle's "Live Painting" attack, does it do 30 more damage for each one?
A. No, you only count once for each type that's revealed. Even if you reveal 5 {R} Energy, it would only add +30 damage because it's only one type. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== MAX BURST (Rayquaza VMAX - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I discard a combination of {R} and {L} Energy for Rayquaza V's "Spiral Burst" or Rayquaza VMAX's "Max Burst" attacks?
A. No, you must choose either only {R} or only {L}, not a mix of the two Energy types. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== PRIMEVAL BEAK (Dracozolt V - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If my opponent attacks with Dracozolt V's "Primeval Beak" attack, can I still attach Energy cards to my benched Pokémon during my turn?
A. Yes you may. Primeval Beak only affects the Pokémon that was defending when Dracozolt V attacked. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent attacks with Dracozolt V's "Primeval Beak" attack, then on my turn I retreat the Pokémon that was attacked, can I attach Energy cards to that Pokémon?
A. Yes you may. The effect of Primeval Beak is removed when that Pokémon retreats, evolves, is switched to the Bench, etc. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== REWIND BEAM (Golurk V - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I use Golurk V's "Rewind Beam" attack to put a Stage 2 Pokémon that was put into play via Vaporeon VMAX's "Bubble Pod" attack into my opponent's hand?
A. No, because while the Stage 2 is considered an "Evolution Pokémon", it is not an "evolved Pokémon" as required by the Rewind Beam attack. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPIRAL BURST (Rayquaza V - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I discard a combination of {R} and {L} Energy for Rayquaza V's "Spiral Burst" and Rayquaza VMAX's "Max Burst" attacks?
A. No, you must choose either only {R} or only {L}, not a mix of the two Energy types. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== YOGA LOOP (Medicham V - SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I use Medicham V's "Yoga Loop" attack and KO one of my opponent's Pokémon I get to take another turn, but "Yoga Loop" also says if 1 of my Pokémon used Yoga Loop during my last turn, this attack can't be used. Is the second part about my last turn referring to the turn before I used Yoga Loop the first time or the second turn after using Yoga Loop?
A. If you take another turn after using Yoga Loop you cannot use it on that second turn. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Medicham V's "Yoga Loop" attack and take another turn, do I get to draw a card for that extra turn?
A. Yes, absolutely! If you take another turn after using Yoga Loop you have to do everything you would normally do as part of your turn. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== RAIHAN (SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I use Raihan if I don't have any basic Energy cards in my discard pile to attach to 1 of my Pokémon?
A. No, the main effect of Raihan is attaching a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon, so you can't play the card if you can't do that. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== RAPID STRIKE SCROLL OF THE FLYING DRAGON (SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I attach Rapid Strike Scroll of the Flying Dragon to a non-Rapid Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes, but that Pokémon won't be able to take advantage of its Meteor attack. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== RESCUE CARRIER (SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. When I use Rescue Carrier, can I take 2 Pokémon that each have 90 HP or less, or does their total HP have to be 90 or less?
A. You can take 2 Pokémon that have 90 HP or less. The total amount of HP doesn't matter. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== SINGLE STRIKE SCROLL OF THE FANGED DRAGON (SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. Can I attach Single Strike Scroll of the Fanged Dragon to a non-Single Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes, but that Pokémon won't be able to take advantage of its Superstrong Slash attack. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPIRIT MASK (SW: Evolving Skies)

Q. If I Knock Out a Pokémon that has Spirit Mask attached, do I draw my Prize card(s) before or after discarding a card from my hand?
A. The effect of Spirit Mask happens before Prize cards are taken. (Evolving Skies FAQ; Aug 26, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back