Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for August 28, 2008

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Rulings Compendium Update August 28, 2008

Last edited: Thursday, August 28th, 2008
(Added August 28th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
|
* August 14th 2007 -- NO MEETING (Worlds 2008) --
* August 21st, 2008 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 28th, 2008 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

== IRON SHELL (Forretress - DP:Legends Awakened)

* Forretress's "Iron Shell" Poke-BODY is not optional; you *MUST* flip a coin whenever attaching a Basic Energy Card to Forretress. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== IRON SHELL (Forretress - DP:Legends Awakened)

* Forretress's "Iron Shell" Poke-BODY is not optional; you *MUST* flip a coin whenever attaching a Basic Energy Card to Forretress. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== TELEPASS (Gardevoir - Secret Wonders)

Q. What happens if you have exactly 6 cards in your hand and you want to use Gardevoir's "Telepass" Poke-POWER to use a Steven's Advice in my oponent's discard pile? You have six cards in hand but Steven's Advice says "including this one", but you don't actually have that card in your hand...
A. You can NOT use the effect of Steven's Advice. If you have 6 cards in your hand when you try this, you cannot choose your opponent's Steven's Advice. (Apr 10, 2008 PUI Rules Team; Aug 15, 2008 Pokemon World Championships Announcements)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****

Q. What happens if you have exactly 6 cards in your hand and you want to use Gardevoir's "Telepass" Poke-POWER to use a Steven's Advice in opponent's discard pile? You have six cards in hand but Steven's Advice says "including this one", but you don't actually have that card in your hand...
A. You can use the effect of Steven's Advice; as you pointed out, the Steven's Advice is not in your hand. However, if you have 7 cards in your hand when you try this, you cannot choose your opponent's Steven's Advice. (Apr 10, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DESTINY BOND (Gastly - Base Set; Froslass - DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. If my opponent's Froslass attacks with "Destiny Bond", can I retreat and attack with a new Pokemon without Knocking my own Pokemon out?
A. No, the effect of Destiny Bond is on Froslass. If it remains Active, the Destiny Bond effect is still there. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== DEVOLUTER (Technical Machine TS-2 - DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. Technical Machine TS-2's "Devoluter" attack says to choose an opponent's evolved pokemon (excluding Lv.X). Does this mean I remove the Stage 2 but leave the Level X card?
A. No. It means that you cannot target any Pokemon that has a Level X Pokemon attached to it. You can't use Devoluter against it at all. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

== TRAINERS IN GENERAL

Q. The new Technical Machine cards don't say that they are discarded at the end of the turn. The rule book says that TMs do get discarded. Do these get discarded or does the rule book need updating?
A2. No, they do not get discarded. The current rule book needs to be updated. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== BUCK'S TRAINING (DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. If I use Gardevoir's "Telepass" to copy an opponent's "Buck's Training", would I get the added +10 attack bonus or not, since "Buck's Training" is not actually next to my Active Pokemon?
A. Good point! In this case since the opponent's Buck's Training is in the discard pile you would get to draw 2 cards but you would NOT get the added +10 attack bonus. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Buck's Training says, "as long as Buck's Training is next to your Active Pokemon, each of your Active Pokemon's attacks does 10 more damage to the Active Pokemon". Does this mean that your Pokemon can damage itself???
A. Well, if either your Active Pokemon or your opponent's Active Pokemon receive damage by an attack in this situation, that Pokemon receives 10 more damage while Buck's Training is in play. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== SNOWPOINT TEMPLE (DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. Does Snowpoint Temple add +20 HP to a Darkrai Lv.X?
A. Yes, a Lv.X Pokemon is consided the same evolution stage as the card that it Leveled Up from. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If you have a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon in play with no Basic underneath it (i.e. due to Garchomp Lv.X's "Restore" attack), does it get +20 HP from Snowpoint Temple?
A. Yes, since it is being treated as a Basic, it gets the bonus. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== TECHNICAL MACHINE TS-2 (DP:Legends Awakened)

Q. Technical Machine TS-2's "Devoluter" attack says to choose an opponent's evolved pokemon (excluding Lv.X). Does this mean I remove the Stage 2 but leave the Level X card?
A. No. It means that you cannot target any Pokemon that has a Level X Pokemon attached to it. You can't use Devoluter against it at all. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== LEVELING UP

Q. If I use an attack this turn that says I cannot use it again next turn, does leveling up to a Lv.X remove that condition?
A. According to the rule book, leveling up a Pokemon removes all effects and status. So yes you would be able to use that attack again after leveling up. (Aug 28, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Back