Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium Updates for December 15th, 2005 (Put it in reverse!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
We reviewed some previous rulings in light of the newest information from Japan. A few more were reversed this week.

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* December 15th 2005 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

POKEMON POWERS

POKEMON ATTACKS

== CHIME (Chimecho - EX:Hidden Legends)

Q. Could you use Chimecho's "Chime" attack and use a Steven's Advice from your opponent's discard pile if you have more than 7 cards in your hand? Steven's Advice says "you can't play this card if you have 7 or more cards in your hand", but you're technically not really playing the card, just using it as an attack.
A. You can use Chime, but you must still meet all requirements that are necessary to play the card normally (except for the supporter rule). If you don't or can't meet those restrictions, the effect fails. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. Could you use Chimecho's "Chime" attack and use a Steven's Advice from your opponent's discard pile if you have more than 7 cards in your hand? Steven's Advice says "you can't play this card if you have 7 or more cards in your hand", but you're technically not really playing the card, just using it as an attack.
A. Yes. This also applies to Sableye's Supernatural attack - just as you can *use* these attacks, even if you've played a Supporter during your turn, you are not subject to the additional restriction of Steven's Advice. (Jul 1, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

== SUPERNATURAL (Sableye - EX:Sandstorm)

Q. Could you use Sableye's "Supernatural" attack and use a Steven's Advice from your opponent's discard pile if you have more than 7 cards in your hand? Steven's Advice says "you can't play this card if you have 7 or more cards in your hand", but you're technically not really playing the card, just using it as an attack.
A. You can use Supernatural, but you must still meet all requirements that are necessary to play the card normally (except for the supporter rule). If you don't or can't meet those restrictions, the effect fails. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Could you use Sableye's "Supernatural" attack and use a Steven's Advice from your opponent's discard pile if you have more than 7 cards in your hand? Steven's Advice says "you can't play this card if you have 7 or more cards in your hand", but you're technically not really playing the card, just using it as an attack.
A. Yes. Just as you can *use* these attacks, even if you've played a Supporter during your turn, you are not subject to the additional restriction of Steven's Advice. (Jul 1, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

== DETOUR (Magby - EX:Team Rocket Returns)

Q. If I use Magby's "Detour" attack to use the effect of a Supporter card in play, do I have to meet all the requirements of that Supporter? For instance, if I want to Detour a Steven's Advice do I have to have less than 7 cards in my hand at that time? Or do I have to shuffle in a card when Detour'ing Bill's Maintenance?
A. You can use Detour, but you must still meet all requirements that are necessary to play the card normally (except for the supporter rule). If you don't or can't meet those restrictions, the effect fails. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Magby's "Detour" attack to use the effect of a Supporter card in play, do I have to meet all the requirements of that Supporter? For instance, if I want to Detour a Steven's Advice do I have to have less than 7 cards in my hand at that time? Or do I have to shuffle in a card when Detour'ing Bill's Maintenance?
A. You can ignore conditional requirements like 'if [such-and-such], you can't play this card'. So you DON'T have to have less than 7 for Steven's Advice; but you DO still have to be able to shuffle in a card to use Bill's Maintenance. (Jun 9, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I play a Holon trainer supporter and then use Magby's "Detour" attack, do I have to discard a card to do Detour?
A. Yes, you would have to discard a card in order to use Detour in this particular situation. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== POKEMON RETRIEVER (EX:Team Rocket Returns)

Q. If I try to use Pokemon Retriever but have less than 3 Pokemon in my discard pile, am I allowed to shuffle the 2 Pokemon or the 1 Pokemon (whichever the case may be) into my deck? Or am I forced to choose 1 of those Pokemon and put it into my hand?
A. If there are less than 3 Pokémon cards in the discard pile, you would return all of them to your deck if you chose that option. (Dec 15, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I try to use Pokemon Retriever but have less than 3 Pokemon in my discard pile, am I allowed to shuffle the 2 Pokemon or the 1 Pokemon (whichever the case may be) into my deck? Or am I forced to choose 1 of those Pokemon and put it into my hand?
A. It's either three into the deck or one into the hand.  You cannot put less than three into your deck. (Feb 10, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back