Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for December 2nd, 2021

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
(Added November 18th & December 2nd Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* November 18th, 2021 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* November 25th, 2021 -- NO MEETING (Thanksgiving) --
* December 2nd, 2021 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== SKYSCRAPER (Duraludon VMAX - SW: Evolving Skies) <SWSH7_123>

Q. If I have an Alolan Raichu with Speed Energy attached or a Starmie with Wash Energy attached, if I use their "Electro Rain" or "Multishot Star" attacks and discard those Special Energy cards would it get through Duraludon VMAX's "Skyscraper" Ability or not?
A. Because you don't know how many targets to select until you discard all the Energy, the process is to discard the Energy first, then choose which Pokemon take damage, and then apply damage. Since for those particular attacks the discard happens first and THEN damage is applied, as long as there are no other Special Energy cards attached to Alolan Raichu or Starmie the damage would not be blocked by Skyscraper. (Dec 2, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== WISH UPON A STAR (Jirachi {*} - SM: Celestial Storm) <SM7_97>

Q. If Path to the Peak is in play and I play four Missing Clover to take a Jirachi {*} from my face down prizes, will I be able to use its "Wish Upon a Star" Ability?
A. Yes, you may. You are taking a Prize Card and the Ability is activated before it is in the hand or in play, so Path to the Peak does not stop it. (Nov 18, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== ELECTRO RAIN (Alolan Raichu - SM: Unified Minds) <SM11_57>

Q. If I have an Alolan Raichu with Speed Energy attached or a Starmie with Wash Energy attached, if I use their "Electro Rain" or "Multishot Star" attacks and discard those Special Energy cards would it get through Duraludon VMAX's "Skyscraper" Ability or not?
A. Because you don't know how many targets to select until you discard all the Energy, the process is to discard the Energy first, then choose which Pokemon take damage, and then apply damage. Since for those particular attacks the discard happens first and THEN damage is applied, as long as there are no other Special Energy cards attached to Alolan Raichu or Starmie the damage would not be blocked by Skyscraper. (Dec 2, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== MULTISHOT STAR (Starmie - SW: Fusion Strike) <SWSH8_53>

TRAINER CARDS

== MISSING CLOVER (SM: Ultra Prism) <SM5_129>

Q. If Path to the Peak is in play and I play four Missing Clover to take a Jirachi {*} from my face down prizes, will I be able to use its "Wish Upon a Star" Ability?
A. Yes, you may. You are taking a Prize Card and the Ability is activated before it is in the hand or in play, so Path to the Peak does not stop it. (Nov 18, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== PATH TO THE PEAK (SW: Chilling Reign) <SWSH6_48>

ENERGY CARDS

== SPEED ENERGY (SW: Rebel Clash) <SWSH2_173>

== WASH ENERGY (SW: Vivid Voltage) <SWSH4_165>

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back