Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 15th, 2024

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 15th, 2024
(Added February 15th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* February 8th, 2024 -- No New Rulings!! --
* February 15th, 2024 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== QUAKING DEMOLITION (Great Tusk ex - SV: Paldean Fates) <SV45_53>

Q. If my opponent used Hisuian Zoroark's "Doom Curse" attack to KO my active Great Tusk ex at the end of my next turn, would I still have to discard the top 5 cards of my deck for Great Tusk ex's "Quaking Evolution" Ability or not?
A. If there's an effect that KO's Great Tusk ex at the end of the turn Quaking Demolition will still trigger. All end-of-turn effects process first, then you check for any KO's afterward. (Feb 15, 2024 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DOOM CURSE (Hisuian Zoroark - SV: Paldean Fates) <SWSH11_76>

Q. If my opponent used Hisuian Zoroark's "Doom Curse" attack to KO my active Great Tusk ex at the end of my next turn, would I still have to discard the top 5 cards of my deck for Great Tusk ex's "Quaking Evolution" Ability or not?
A. If there's an effect that KO's Great Tusk ex at the end of the turn Quaking Demolition will still trigger. All end-of-turn effects process first, then you check for any KO's afterward. (Feb 15, 2024 TPCi Rules Team)

== STELLAR REIGN (Shining Jirachi - SM: Shining Legends) <SM35_42>

Q. If I use Shining Jirachi's "Stellar Reign" attack against a Stage 2 Pokemon that evolved from a Stage 1 which was put directly into play via Pokemon Research Lab, would my opponent put both the Stage 1 & Stage 2 cards into their hand (since both cards are "evolution cards") or does the Stage 1 card remain in play (since you can't "devolve" into nothing)?
A. Since you can't devolve into nothing, the Stage 1 card would remain in play. (Feb 15, 2024 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== POKEMON RESEARCH LAB (SM: Unified Minds) <SM11_205>

Q. If I use Shining Jirachi's "Stellar Reign" attack against a Stage 2 Pokemon that evolved from a Stage 1 which was put directly into play via Pokemon Research Lab, would my opponent put both the Stage 1 & Stage 2 cards into their hand (since both cards are "evolution cards") or does the Stage 1 card remain in play (since you can't "devolve" into nothing)?
A. Since you can't devolve into nothing, the Stage 1 card would remain in play. (Feb 15, 2024 TPCi Rules Team)

== MOONLIT HILL (SV: Paldean Fates) <SV45_81>

Q. Can a player use Moonlit Hill stadium's effect to discard a Basic Psychic energy from their hand even if there are no damage counters on any of their Pokemon?
A. No, the Psychic energy discard is a cost in order to do the effect of healing. (Feb 15, 2024 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back