Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 5th, 2015

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 5th, 2015
(Added February 5th Rulings and FAQ for XY:primal Clash)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* January 29th, 2015 -- No New Rulings!! --
* February 5th, 2015 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* XY05: Primal Clash FAQ --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
POKEMON ANCIENT TRAITS

== * ANCIENT TRAITS IN GENERAL

Q. Are Omega and Alpha effects considered Abilities? Will things that affect Abilities affect them too?
A. They are neither Attacks nor Abilities. They are something different called "Ancient Traits". Effects that apply to Attacks or Abilities don't apply to Ancient Traits. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== ALPHA GROWTH (XY:primal Clash)

Q. The "Alpha Growth" Ancient Trait says "When you attach an Energy card from your hand to this Pokemon... you may attach 2 Energy cards." Does that mean I get to attach one additional Energy card or two additional Energy cards?
A. You only get to attach one additional Energy card, for a total of two cards attached at that time. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== OMEGA BARRAGE (XY:primal Clash)

Q. If I attack using a Pokemon that has the "Omega Barrage" Ancient Trait, can I do things like attach an Energy or play a Trainer between attacks?
A. No, you would resolve all effects from the first attack and then either perform your second attack or pass. You don't get to go back into the main part of your turn again. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I only have one energy card attached to Excadrill, can I use its "Omega Barrage" to attack with "Dredge" first to attach two energy cards, then attack a second time with "Mach Claw"?
A. Yes, that would work. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens for Omega Barrage if the Pokemon is Confused?
A. You need to flip for Confusion twice if you choose to attack twice. One flip for the first attack, then flip again if you decide to attack again. (Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== OMEGA BARRIER (XY:primal Clash)

Q. Can I attach a Team Flare "Pokemon Tool F" card to my opponent's Pokemon-EX if it has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait?
A. Yes, you can. The text of Omega Barrier says its effect excludes Pokemon Tools and Stadium cards. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Escape Rope but my opponent's Active Pokemon has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait does he or she have to switch it? Or if they have a Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" on the bench can he or she choose that and not switch it to Active?
A. If your opponent has an Active Pokemon with "Omega Barrier", then Escape Rope's effect will be blocked. If a Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" is on the bench, choosing that Pokemon will not stop the effect as the Active was the target of Escape Rope. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ABILITIES

== NURTURE AND HEAL (Sceptile - XY:primal Clash)

Q. If I use Sceptile's "Nurture and Heal" ability, is that an extra Energy card attachment or does it count as my one attachment for the turn?
A. It is an extra Energy attachment. You still get to attach one other Energy card as your normal attachment for the turn. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Sceptile's "Nurture and Heal" ability to attach a {G} Energy to a Pokemon that doesn't have any damage on it?
A. Yes, you can. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== VERSATILE (Mew EX - BW:Dragons Exalted)

Q. What happens if Mew EX uses its "Versatile" ability to copy Xerneas EX's "X Blast" attack? Can it use "X Blast" again the following turn or not?
A. When Mew EX attacks, Versatile uses the attack name specified. So when it attacks with X Blast, Mew EX cannot use that attack twice in a row. (Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== AQUA SWIRL (Milotic - XY:primal Clash)

Q. For Milotic's "Aqua Swirl" attack who gets to choose which Benched Pokemon becomes the new Active Pokemon?
A. First off, since the attack says "you may" the attacking player gets to choose if any switching happens at all. Then if so, the opponent gets to choose which the Benched Pokemon becomes their new Active Pokemon. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== HUNT (Sharpedo EX - XY:primal Clash)

Q. Does Sharpedo EX's "Hunt" attack do 30 damage if the opponent cannot switch their Active Pokemon to the Bench or if the Bench is empty?
A. If you cannot switch the opponent's Pokemon there is no "new Active Pokemon" to be damaged, so no damage is done. (Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== POWER POISON (Sceptile - XY:primal Clash)

Q. If I attack with Sceptile's "Power Poison" attack, do I have to discard an Energy card if I don't want to Poison the opponent's Pokemon?
A. It is not optional. Even if the damage would be enough to Knock Out the Pokemon, you still have to discard an Energy and Poison it. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== TRICK (Mr.Mime - XY:primal Clash)

Q. Can I use Mr. Mime's "Trick" Attack to move a Team Flare Tool card from a Pokemon-EX to a non EX Pokemon?
A. Yes, and it would immediately go to its owner's discard pile. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== ARCHIE'S ACE IN THE HOLE (XY:primal Clash)

Q. Can I use "Archie's Ace in the Hole" or "Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick" to put a Stage 2 or Mega Pokemon directly onto my bench?
A. Yes, they're very sneaky like that. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use "Archie's Ace in the Hole" or "Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick" to put a Mega Pokemon or Primal Reversion directly onto my bench, does my turn end?
A. No, it does not. The Mega and Primal Reversion rules say your turn ends "when one of your Pokemon becomes" that way. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== ESCAPE ROPE (XY:primal Clash)

Q. If I use Escape Rope but my opponent's Active Pokemon has the "Omega Barrier" Ancient Trait does he or she have to switch it? Or if they have a Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" on the bench can he or she choose that and not switch it to Active?
A. If your opponent has an Active Pokemon with "Omega Barrier", then Escape Rope's effect will be blocked. If a Pokemon with "Omega Barrier" is on the bench, choosing that Pokemon will not stop the effect as the Active was the target of Escape Rope. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== MAXIE'S HIDDEN BALL TRICK (XY:primal Clash)

Q. Can I use "Archie's Ace in the Hole" or "Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick" to put a Stage 2 or Mega Pokemon directly onto my bench?
A. Yes, they're very sneaky like that. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use "Archie's Ace in the Hole" or "Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick" to put a Mega Pokemon or Primal Reversion directly onto my bench, does my turn end?
A. No, it does not. The Mega and Primal Reversion rules say your turn ends "when one of your Pokemon becomes" that way. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== REPEAT BALL (XY:primal Clash)

Q. If I play Repeat Ball and I have Kyogre in play, can I search for a Kyogre EX card?
A. No. The name has to be exactly the same. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== SILENT LAB (XY:primal Clash)

Q. Does "Silent Lab" stadium shut off "Alpha" and "Omega" abilities?
A. No, those are considered Ancient Traits, they are not Abilities. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

== TEAMMATES (XY:primal Clash)

Q. Can I use "Teammates" if my Pokemon was KO'd due to Poison damage?
A. No, you cannot. You can only use Teammates if your Pokemon was KO'd *during* your opponent's last turn, but Poison damage takes place *in between* turns. (Primal Clash FAQ; Feb 5, 2015 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

Back