Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 7, 2013

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 7th, 2013
(Added February 7th Rulings and catching up with Errata)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* October 17th, 2012 TPCi TCG Errata Update -- (*) --
* January 28th, 2013 TPCi TCG Errata Update -- (*) --
* BW08: Plasma Storm FAQ --
* February 7th, 2013 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

== EXP SHARE (BW:Dragon Vault)

* This version of Exp. Share [from Dragon Vault] was printed without the Pokémon Tool rule box. This card should have that rule box, matching Black & White - Next Destinies #87/99. (Oct 17, 2012 TPCi Errata Update; Feb 7, 2013 PUI Rules Team)

== SCORCHING FIRE (Charizard - BW: Plasma Storm)

* The attack cost for Scorching Fire [from Plasma Storm] was misprinted. It should be {R}{C}{C}{C}{C}, as opposed to the printed {F}{C}{C}{C}{C}. (Jan 28, 2013 TPCi Errata Update; Feb 7, 2013 PUI Rules Team)

META-RULINGS

ABILITIES/POKEMON POWERS

== BIG WING (Braviary - BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. When Braviary uses its "Big Wing" Ability, who chooses which of the opponent's Benched Pokemon get brought forward?
A. The ability says "have your opponent switch..." so the opponent gets to choose. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== BLOCK (Snorlax - BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. If my Active Pokemon is Snorlax with the "Block" Ability, what happens to my opponent's Active Pokemon if I play Escape Rope?
A. Escape Rope causes the Pokemon to switch, but Block only prevents Retreating. The opponent switches their Active Pokemon when Escape Rope is played. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent's Active Pokemon is Snorlax with the "Block" Ability, what happens to my Active Pokemon if I play Scramble Switch?
A. Scramble Switch causes your Pokemon to switch, but Block only prevents Retreating. You can switch your Active Pokemon when Scramble Switch is played. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== BRIGHT VEIL (Togekiss - BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. If my Active Pokemon is Togekiss with the "Bright Veil" Ability, do I bring up one of my benched Pokemon when my opponent plays an Escape Rope?
A. No. Bright Veil prevents your part of the "Each player switches his or her Active Pokemon" part of Escape Rope, so your Active Pokemon stays put and you can't bring up a benched Pokemon. However, your opponent does switch. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== DUAL BRAINS (Magnezone - BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. If I have two Magnezones in play with the "Dual Brains" Ability, does that mean I can play 4 Supporters during my turn?
A. No, you cannot. Dual Brains says you may play 2 Supporters, period; it doesn't say "an extra supporter" for each Magnezone. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DAMAKINESES (Beheeyem - BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. Do the six damage counters for Beheeyem's "Damakinesis" attack have to all come from the same Pokemon, or can I move a total of six from multiple Pokemon I have in play?
A. You can choose as many Pokemon as you have in play, moving a total of six damage counters. If you have less than six damage counters on all your Pokemon in play, you move all of them. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I choose to move less than six damage counters for Beheeyem's "Damakinesis" attack?
A. If you have six damage counters in play, you must move six of them. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== DOWSING MACHINE (BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. Can I use Dowsing Machine, discarding something + 1 Item card to get that 1 Item card back into my hand?
A. No, you cannot return cards to your hand that you used to pay this card's cost. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== JUNK ARM (HS:Triumphant)

Q. Can I use Junk Arm, discarding something + 1 Item card to get that 1 Item card back into my hand?
A. No, you cannot return cards to your hand that you used to pay this card's cost. (Nov 3, 2011 PUI Rules Team; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. Can I use Junk Arm, discarding something + 1 Item card to get that 1 Item card back into my hand?
A. Junk Arm says to discard 2 cards first, then search for an Item card. Since the two cards are in the Discard Pile, one of them can be retrieved by the Junk Arm search. (Nov 3, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAME-PLAY

Back