Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for July 1st, 2021

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, July 1st, 2021
(Added July 1st Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* June 24th, 2021 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 1st, 2021 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BRAZEN TAIL (Greedent - SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. If I have Greedent in play, will its "Brazen Tail" Ability prevent Faba from putting my Special Energy into the Lost Zone?
A. No, Brazen Tail does not protect against the Lost Zone. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== CRAZY CODE (Porygon-Z - SW: Unbroken Bonds)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Impact Energy to a Pokémon that isn't a Single Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokémon was Poisoned, Impact Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokémon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokémon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== DUMMY DOLL (Mimikyu V - SW: Battle Styles)

Q. Say I played Mimikyu V and used its "Dummy Doll" Ability on my turn. Then on my opponent's next turn, they play a Path to the Peak stadium. Does that cancel the effect of "Dummy Doll"?
A. Since the Dummy Doll Ability activated and placed an effect before Path to the Peak came into play, its effect remains. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== UNDERWORLD DOOR (Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX - SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. If a player attacks with Gengar & Mimikyu's "Horror House GX" attack, will the opponent be able to attach an energy card from their hand via Eternatus V's "Power Accelerator" attack or Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX's "Underworld Door" Ability?
A. No, you can't do anything that takes a card from your hand and puts it in the play area after your opponent uses Horror House GX. That includes Abilities, card effects, and attack effects. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== CROSS FIST (Zeraora V - SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. If I attacked with a Rapid Strike Pokémon last turn, then use Ninja Boy to swap it with Zeraora V, would the Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" attack do damage to a Benched Pokémon?
A. No, all effects carry over, so it would be considered the same Pokémon. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== DIZZYING WIND (Venomoth - XY: Phantom Forces)

Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a Supporter during their following turn and flips tails, will they have used up their Supporter for the turn?
A. If the opponent flips tails that card is discarded and doesn't count as being played, so they can still attempt to play another Supporter. (Nov 20, 2014 TPCi Rules Team; Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

/*** PREVIOUS RULING ***/
Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a Supporter during his/her following turn and flips tails, will they have used up their Supporter for the turn?
A. Yes, they have. He/she will not be able to attempt to play another Supporter during that turn. And yes, the same is true for Stadiums. (Nov 20, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a Stadium during their following turn and flips tails, will they have used up their Stadium for the turn? And what happens to a Stadium already in play, does it get discarded or not?
A. If the opponent flips tails that card is discarded and doesn't count as being played, so they can still attempt to play another Stadium. The existing Stadium would remain in play. (Dec 4, 2014 TPCi Rules Team; Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a Stadium during his/her following turn and flips tails, will they have used up their Stadium for the turn? And what happens to a Stadium already in play, does it get discarded or not?
A. If the opponent flips Tails, he/she will not be able to attempt to play another Stadium during that turn, and the existing Stadium will remain in play. (Dec 4, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a U-Turn Board during their following turn and flips tails, does U-Turn Board go back into their hand or stay in the discard pile?
A. If the opponent flips tails U-Turn Board is discarded and does not return to your hand. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== HORROR HOUSE GX (Gengar & Mimikyu - SM: Team Up)

Q. If a player attacks with Gengar & Mimikyu's "Horror House GX" attack, will the opponent be able to attach an energy card from their hand via Eternatus V's "Power Accelerator" attack or Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX's "Underworld Door" Ability?
A. No, you can't do anything that takes a card from your hand and puts it in the play area after your opponent uses Horror House GX. That includes Abilities, card effects, and attack effects. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== POWER ACCELERATOR (Eternatus V - SW: Darkness Ablaze)

TRAINER CARDS

== COLRESS MACHINE (BW: Plasma Storm)

Q. If I have four Plasma Energy in play, either on the field and/or in the Discard Pile, can I use Colress Machine to search through my deck, find nothing, and shuffle my deck?
A. No you cannot. Since the location of all four Plasma Energy cards are known, there's no way Colress Machine would be able to find one during a deck search. (Feb 28, 2013 TPCi Rules Team; Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have four Plasma Energy in play, either on the field and/or in the Discard Pile, can I use Colress Machine to search through my deck, find nothing, and shuffle my deck?
A. Yes you could use Colress Machine, because the game does not deduce the contents of a deck based on public knowledge such as the discard pile or cards in play. (Feb 28, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== FABA (SM: Lost Thunder)

Q. If I have Greedent in play, will its "Brazen Tail" Ability prevent Faba from putting my Special Energy into the Lost Zone?
A. No, Brazen Tail does not protect against the Lost Zone. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== NINJA BOY (XY: Steam Siege)

Q. If I attacked with a Rapid Strike Pokémon last turn, then use Ninja Boy to swap it with Zeraora V, would the Zeraora V's "Cross Fist" attack do damage to a Benched Pokémon?
A. No, all effects carry over, so it would be considered the same Pokémon. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== PATH TO THE PEAK (SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. Say I played Mimikyu V and used its "Dummy Doll" Ability on my turn. Then on my opponent's next turn, they play a Path to the Peak stadium. Does that cancel the effect of "Dummy Doll"?
A. Since the Dummy Doll Ability activated and placed an effect before Path to the Peak came into play, its effect remains. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== U-TURN BOARD (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If a player uses Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and the opponent tries to play a U-Turn Board during their following turn and flips tails, does U-Turn Board go back into their hand or stay in the discard pile?
A. If the opponent flips tails U-Turn Board is discarded and does not return to your hand. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== IMPACT ENERGY (SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Impact Energy to a Pokémon that isn't a Single Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokémon was Poisoned, Impact Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

== PLASMA ENERGY (BW: Plasma Storm; BW: Plasma Freeze; BW: Plasma Blast)

A. No you cannot. Since the location of all four Plasma Energy cards are known, there's no way Colress Machine would be able to find one during a deck search. (Feb 28, 2013 TPCi Rules Team; Jul 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

A. Yes you could use Colress Machine, because the game does not deduce the contents of a deck based on public knowledge such as the discard pile or cards in play. (Feb 28, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPIRAL ENERGY (SW: Chilling Reign)

Q. Can I use Porygon-Z's "Crazy Code" Ability to attach Spiral Energy to a Pokémon that isn't a Rapid Strike Pokémon?
A. Yes you can, but then it would get discarded immediately. However, if that Pokémon was Paralyzed, Spiral Energy would remove the Special Condition. (Ju1 1, 2021 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back