Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for June 22nd, 2023

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, June 22nd, 2023
(Added June 22nd Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* June 15th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* June 22nd, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== CURSED LAND (Ting-Lu ex - SV: Paldea Evolved) <SV2_127>

Q. My opponent's Active Pokemon is Eternatus VMAX with the "Eternal Zone" Ability working, and they have 8 Pokemon on their Bench. I use Quaquaval ex's "Exciting Dance" attack, doing damage to Eternatus VMAX and then sending out Ting-Lu ex. Will Ting-Lu ex's "Cursed Land" Ability shut off Eternal Zone before the entire effect of Exciting Dance completes?
A. Yes. The switch effect of Quaquaval ex happens, and then with Ting-Lu ex entering the Active Spot, Eternatus VMAX's Ability gets shut off, meaning that player must immediately discard Pokemon until they have 5 Benched Pokemon. Then, Eternatus VMAX switches with a Benched Pokemon. (Jun 22, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== CONTRARY (Malamar - XY: PROMO) <XYP_58>

Q. My opponent has Malamar with the "Contrary" Ability in the Active Spot. On my turn, I attach Blunder Policy to my Fuecoco and use its Spacing Out attack and I flip heads. The coin result will be treated as tails, but since the physical coin flipped heads do I get to draw 3 cards with the effect of Blunder Policy?
A. There is no distinction between the actual result of the coin flip vs. what the outcome is treated as. Regardless of what the physical coin shows the flip was tails, so you would get to draw 3 cards from the effect of Blunder Policy. (Jun 22, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== ENERGY EVOLUTION (Eevee - XY: Furious Fists; Eevee - Neo Discovery; Eevee - EX: Unseen Forces) <XY3_80>

Q. If I attach a Basic Fighting Energy to Eevee, can I use its Energy Evolution Ability even though it's known that there's no Fighting type Pokemon that evolves from Eevee?
A. No, since it's known that there is no Fighting type Pokemon that evolves from Eevee, the Ability cannot be used. (Furious Fists FAQ; Aug 28, 2014 TPCi Rules Team; Jun 22, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. What happens if I attach a Fighting Energy type to Eevee?
A. You still get to search your deck even though you would not be able to find a suitable evolution card. (Furious Fists FAQ; Aug 28, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== ETERNAL ZONE (Eternatus VMAX - SW: Darkness Ablaze) <SWSH3_117>

Q. My opponent's Active Pokemon is Eternatus VMAX with the "Eternal Zone" Ability working, and they have 8 Pokemon on their Bench. I use Quaquaval ex's "Exciting Dance" attack, doing damage to Eternatus VMAX and then sending out Ting-Lu ex. Will Ting-Lu ex's "Cursed Land" Ability shut off Eternal Zone before the entire effect of Exciting Dance completes?
A. Yes. The switch effect of Quaquaval ex happens, and then with Ting-Lu ex entering the Active Spot, Eternatus VMAX's Ability gets shut off, meaning that player must immediately discard Pokemon until they have 5 Benched Pokemon. Then, Eternatus VMAX switches with a Benched Pokemon. (Jun 22, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== EXCITING DANCE (Quaquaval ex - SV: Paldea Evolved) <SV2_52>

== SPACING OUT (Fuecoco - SV: Paldea Evolved) <SV2_35>

Q. My opponent has Malamar with the "Contrary" Ability in the Active Spot. On my turn, I attach Blunder Policy to my Fuecoco and use its Spacing Out attack and I flip heads. The coin result will be treated as tails, but since the physical coin flipped heads do I get to draw 3 cards with the effect of Blunder Policy?
A. There is no distinction between the actual result of the coin flip vs. what the outcome is treated as. Regardless of what the physical coin shows the flip was tails, so you would get to draw 3 cards from the effect of Blunder Policy. (Jun 22, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== BLUNDER POLICY (SW: Brilliant Stars) <SWSH9_131>

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back