Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for June 27th, 2017 - Part 1

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Tuesday, June 27th, 2017
(Added May 25th & June 1st Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* May 25th, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* June 1st, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== DAUNTING POSE (Machoke - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. Does Machoke's "Daunting Pose" Ability prevent my opponent's Decidueye GX's "Feather Arrow" Ability from placing damage counters on my benched Pokemon?
A. Yes it does. Decidueye GX can still use the ability against one of your benched Pokemon, but placing any damage counters would be blocked. (Jun 1, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== FEATHER ARROW (Decidueye GX - SM:Sun & Moon)

Q. Does Machoke's "Daunting Pose" Ability prevent my opponent's Decidueye GX's "Feather Arrow" Ability from placing damage counters on my benched Pokemon?
A. Yes it does. Decidueye GX can still use the ability against one of your benched Pokemon, but placing any damage counters would be blocked.. (Jun 1, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== ROADBLOCK (Sudowoodo - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. My opponent and I both have Sudowoodo with "Roadblock"Ability in play. I use Hex Maniac on my turn to shut off "Roadblock", and then I play 5 Pokemon on my Bench. My opponent plays 5 Pokemon on their Bench during their turn. At the end of my opponent's turn, Hex Maniac's effect ends, so "Roadblock" activates again. Who discards their Pokemon first? If the first player discards their Sudowoodo, would the other person need to discard a Benched Pokemon?
A. It's the opponent's turn, so their Roadblock goes into effect first. You would discard your Pokemon first, and then your opponent would discard theirs. Even if you chose to discard your Sudowoodo, your opponent would have to discard down to 4 Benched Pokémon because the Roadblock effects happen simultaneously. (May 25, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

TRAINER CARDS

== HEX MANIAC (XY:Ancient Origins)

Q. My opponent and I both have Sudowoodo with "Roadblock"Ability in play. I use Hex Maniac on my turn to shut off "Roadblock", and then I play 5 Pokemon on my Bench. My opponent plays 5 Pokemon on their Bench during their turn. At the end of my opponent's turn, Hex Maniac's effect ends, so "Roadblock" activates again. Who discards their Pokemon first? If the first player discards their Sudowoodo, would the other person need to discard a Benched Pokemon?
A. It's the opponent's turn, so their Roadblock goes into effect first. You would discard your Pokemon first, and then your opponent would discard theirs. Even if you chose to discard your Sudowoodo, your opponent would have to discard down to 4 Benched Pokémon because the Roadblock effects happen simultaneously. (May 25, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back