Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for June 3, 2010

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* June 3rd, 2010 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== FAINTING SPELL (Gengar - DP:Stormfront)

Q. What happens if I have Luxray with an "Expert Belt" attached, use its "Gadget Bolt" attack and discard the Expert Belt to KO my opponent's Gengar, but my opponent flips heads for Gengar's "Fainting Spell" Poke-POWER? Does my opponent take two prizes or just one?
A. The tool was discarded as part of the attack prior to the check for Fainting Spell. So the opponent only gets to take one prize. (Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== SHOCKING TAIL (Electivire Lv.X - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. If I use Groudon's "Drought" attack to attach two Basic Fighting Energy cards from my hand onto one of my Pokemon, but my opponent has Electivire Lv.X with "Shocking Tail" active, how many damage counters do I take, 2 or 4?
A. Each energy attached with Shocking Tail activated places 2 damage counters, so you would place a total of 4 damage counters for Shocking Tail in this situation. (Sep 4, 2008 PUI Rules Team; Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
Q. If I use Groudon's "Drought" attack to attach two Basic Fighting Energy cards from my hand onto one of my Pokemon, but my opponent has Electivire Lv.X with "Shocking Tail" active, how many damage counters do I take, 2 or 4?
A. The attaching of energies is a single action, so you would only place 2 damage counters for Shocking Tail. (Sep 4, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DROUGHT (Groudon - DP:Legends Awakened)

A. Each energy attached with Shocking Tail activated places 2 damage counters, so you would place a total of 4 damage counters for Shocking Tail in this situation. (Sep 4, 2008 PUI Rules Team; Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN OVERRULED; See Above *****
A. The attaching of energies is a single action, so you would only place 2 damage counters for Shocking Tail. (Sep 4, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== GADGET BOLT (Luxray - PL:Arceus)

Q. What happens if I have Luxray with an "Expert Belt" attached, use its "Gadget Bolt" attack and discard the Expert Belt to KO my opponent's Gengar, but my opponent flips heads for Gengar's "Fainting Spell" Poke-POWER? Does my opponent take two prizes or just one?
A. The tool was discarded as part of the attack prior to the check for Fainting Spell. So the opponent only gets to take one prize. (Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== PHOENIX TURN (Ho-Oh - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. If Ho-oh has "Lucky Egg" attached and would be KO'd by damage from an attack, but the coin flip for its "Phoenix Turn" Poke-POWER comes up heads, do I get to draw until I have 7 cards in my hand due to "Lucky Egg" or not?
A. Since Ho-Oh is not discarded you can't use the drawing effect of Lucky Egg. (Nov 12, 2009 PUI Rules Team; Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent's Ho-oh has "Expert Belt" attached and would be KO'd by damage from an attack, but the coin flip for its "Phoenix Turn" Poke-POWER comes up heads, do I get to draw two prize cards or only one?
A. You draw 1 prize. Phoenix Turn is resolved after fully processing the attack but before processing Knock Outs. Expert Belt's extra prize effect only applies if it is in play when the Pokemon is removed from play due to Knock Out (or would be removed, in Ho-Oh's case). Since it was discarded prior to this by Phoenix Turn, you don't get the extra prize. (Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

== EXPERT BELT (PL:Arceus)

Q. If my opponent's Ho-oh has "Expert Belt" attached and would be KO'd by damage from an attack, but the coin flip for its "Phoenix Turn" Poke-POWER comes up heads, do I get to draw two prize cards or only one?
A. You draw 1 prize. Phoenix Turn is resolved after fully processing the attack but before processing Knock Outs. Expert Belt's extra prize effect only applies if it is in play when the Pokemon is removed from play due to Knock Out (or would be removed, in Ho-Oh's case). Since it was discarded prior to this by Phoenix Turn, you don't get the extra prize. (Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

== LUCKY EGG (PL:Arceus)

Q. If Ho-oh has "Lucky Egg" attached and would be KO'd by damage from an attack, but the coin flip for its "Phoenix Turn" Poke-POWER comes up heads, do I get to draw until I have 7 cards in my hand due to "Lucky Egg" or not?
A. Since Ho-Oh is not discarded you can't use the drawing effect of Lucky Egg. (Nov 12, 2009 PUI Rules Team; Jun 3, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

Back