Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for March 3rd, 2022

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
(Added March 3rd Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* March 3rd, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== CONTRARY (Malamar - XY: Promo) <XYP_58>

Q. What happens if my opponent has Malamar with the "Contrary" Ability active and I play Will?
A. Will lets you choose the first flip for an attack as Heads, but then Malamar's Contrary will treat it as Tails. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== FLUFFY BARRAGE (Jumpluff - SW: Evolving Skies) <SWSH7_4>

Q. If my Jumpluff with the "Fluffy Barrage" Ability attacks and KO's my opponent's Active Pokemon, do I get to attack again if my opponent promotes a Galarian Weezing with "Neutralizing Gas" Ability before the second attack?
A. No, because Neutralizing Gas disables Fluffy Barrage before Jumpluff can attack a second time. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my Jumpluff with the "Fluffy Barrage" Ability attacks and KO's my opponent's Active Galarian Weezing with "Neutralizing Gas" Ability, can I attack a second time?
A. Yes, you can because Fluffy Barrage is no longer disabled. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== NEUTRALIZING GAS (Galarian Weezing - SW: Rebel Clash) <SWSH2_113>

Q. If my Jumpluff with the "Fluffy Barrage" Ability attacks and KO's my opponent's Active Pokemon, do I get to attack again if my opponent promotes a Galarian Weezing with "Neutralizing Gas" Ability before the second attack?
A. No, because Neutralizing Gas disables Fluffy Barrage before Jumpluff can attack a second time. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my Jumpluff with the "Fluffy Barrage" Ability attacks and KO's my opponent's Active Galarian Weezing with "Neutralizing Gas" Ability, can I attack a second time?
A. Yes, you can because Fluffy Barrage is no longer disabled. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== MAX LANCE (Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX - SW: Chilling Reign) <SWSH6_46>

Q. If I use Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX's "Max Lance" attack to discard a Double Colorless Energy, does it do 120 or 240 more damage?
A. The additional damage is done per each card discarded, so if you discard only one card it only does 120 more damage. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX's "Max Lance" attack to discard 2 Double Colorless Energy cards?
A. Yes, you can select 1 Energy of each Double Colorless Energy to discard both of them. And it would do 240 more damage because you discarded 2 cards. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== WILL (XY: Cosmic Eclipse) <SM12_208>

Q. What happens if my opponent has Malamar with the "Contrary" Ability active and I play Will?
A. Will lets you choose the first flip for an attack as Heads, but then Malamar's Contrary will treat it as Tails. (Mar 3, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back