Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 16, 2013

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, May 16th, 2013
(Added May 16th Rulings and FAQ for Plasma Freeze)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* March 14th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* March 21st, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* March 28th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* April 4th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* April 11th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* April 18th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* April 25th, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* May 2nd, 2013 -- No New Rulings!! --
* BW09: Plasma Freeze FAQ --
* May 9th, 2013 -- MEETING CANCELED --
* May 16th, 2013 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

* Prior to the "Black & White" series, when a Pokemon refers to itself by name, interpret that card as though the text reads "this Pokemon". This has the practical effect of not including other Pokemon of the same name; if a Pokemon copies that text, it refers to itself, not the original Pokemon. Beginning with "Black & White", when a Pokemon refers to itself by name, this extends to other Pokemon of the same name; if a Pokemon copies that text, it refers to other Pokemon of the same name. Also, when a Pokemon refers to "this Pokemon", this has the practical effect of not including other Pokemon of the same name; if a Pokemon copies that text it refers to itself, not the original Pokemon. (Apr 17, 2008 PUI Rules Team; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

*** PREVIOUS META-RULE ***
* When a Pokemon refers to itself by name, interpret that card as though the text reads "this Pokemon". This has the practical effect of not including other Pokemon of the same name. If a Pokemon copies that text, it refers to itself, not the original Pokemon. (Apr 17, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

ABILITIES/POKEMON POWERS

== DARK SHADE (Umbreon - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. Is Umbreon's "Dark Shade" Ability stackable?
A. Yes, it is. Your Team Plasma Pokemon get +20 HP per each Pokemon with the Dark Shade Ability you have in play. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== FREEZE ZONE (Glaceon - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. Is Glaceon's "Freeze Zone" Ability stackable?
A. Yes, it is. Your Team Plasma Pokemon's Retreat Cost is two less energy per each Pokemon with the Freeze Zone Ability you have in play. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== POWER CONNECT (Deoxys EX - BW:plasma Freeze)

Q. Is Deoxys EX's "Power Connect" Ability stackable?
A. Yes, it is. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Deoxys EX's "Power Connect" Ability refers to "your Team Plasma Pokémon's attacks (excluding Deoxys-EX)". Does that mean to exclude ALL of your Deoxys EX in play, or just one with the "Power Connect" Ability?
A. It refers to all of your Deoxys EX in play. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== PROPAGATION (Exeggcute - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. If I use Exeggcute's "Propagation" Ability to retrieve it from the Discard Pile into my hand, then use something like Ultra Ball or Computer Search to discard Exeggcute, would I be able to use "Propagation" again to retrieve it from the Discard Pile?
A. Yes, whenever Exeggcute is in the Discard Pile, you may use Propagation during your turn as long as its Ability has not been disabled. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Weavile's "Vilify" attack to discard one or more Exeggcute, can I use Exeggcute's "Propagation" Ability to immediately retrieve it back into my hand?
A. No, you cannot. Propagation can only be used on your turn before your attack, not during your attack nor afterward. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== SIX FEET UNDER (Cofagrigus - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. If I use Cofagrigus' "Six Feet Under" Ability and Cofagrigus is either my last Pokemon in play and/or is my opponent's last prize, but the three damage counters placed onto my opponent's Pokemon allow me to KO their last Pokemon and/or take my last prize, what happens next?
A. If both players arrived at a win condition at the same time but one player has more win conditions than the other (like KO'ing the last Pokemon AND taking their sixth prize), the player with the most win conditions met wins the game. However, if both players have the same number of win conditions, the game is declared a Draw and a one-prize Sudden Death game takes place to determine the winner. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== METAL DEFENDER (Steelix - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. If my opponent used Steelix's "Metal Defender" attack on his or her turn, then I send it to the bench and bring it back out on my turn, can I apply weakness to Steelix with my Fire Pokemon's attack?
A. Yes, you can. Benching Steelix ends Metal Defender's effect. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== SIGNS OF EVOLUTION (Eevee - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. Can I use "Signs of Evolution" to get two of the same cards that evolve from Eevee if I don't have 3 different ones in my deck?
A. No. Each one you take out of your deck must be a differently typed evolution of Eevee; you may not retrieve more than one Pokemon of the same type. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use "Signs of Evolution" to get a Vaporeon and a Glaceon from my deck?
A. No, you may not. Vaporeon & Glaceon are both Water types, and the three Pokemon retrieved by Signs of Evolution must all be different types. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== TRANSFER JUNK (Raticate - BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. With Raticate's "Transfer Junk" attack, what if I don't have all 3 types of Team Plasma cards, Pokemon, Trainer & Energy in my discard?
A. Take one of each type that you do have. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== FROZEN CITY (BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. How does the stadium card Frozen City interact when a player attaches Double Colorless Energy to a non-Team Plasma Pokemon?
A. You only place 2 damage counters because there was just one attachment, even though the attachment provided multiple energies. (May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== SUPERIOR ENERGY RETRIEVAL (BW: Plasma Freeze)

Q. If I already have four Fire Energy cards in my Discard Pile, can I use Superior Energy Retrieval to discard two Fire Energy cards from my hand and retrieve the other four from my Discard Pile?
A. Yes, you may retrieve the other four. The restriction is you cannot return any of the cards to your hand that you used to pay this card's cost. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAME-PLAY

Back