Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium Updates for May 31, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
After two weeks off, we were all itching to get some rulings out. It may not be the all time record for rulings in a week, but it's close. We hope you enjoy getting to know the DP cards! - Rules Team

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* May 17th, 2007 -- MEETING CANCELED --
* May 24th, 2007 -- MEETING CANCELED --
* May 31st, 2007 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

== SUPREME COMMAND (Empoleon LV.X - Diamond & Pearl)

* Empoleon LV.X from Diamond & Pearl contains an error. Its Poké-Power symbol was printed with the Poké-Body symbol. In all cases, play Empoleon's effect as a Poké-Power. The game play of the effect remains unchanged. (May 25, 2007 PUI Announcements)

POKEMON POWERS

== CALL (Unown-C - Diamand & Pearl)

Q. Can Unown-C's "Call" Poke-POWER be used to search for an older, pre-D/P (non-D/P) Unown?
A. Yes, it can. If a card refers to "Unown" it refers to all Unown, both D/P and older. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== IMPRISON (Gardevoir EX - EX:Dragon Frontiers)

Q. What ways can a Pokemon get rid of an attached "Imprison" marker or "Shock-wave" marker?
A. Evolving, devolving, leveling up (i.e. LV.X), leaving play, and Tropius' "Tropical Heal" Poke-POWER are currently the only ways to get rid of an Imprison or Shock-wave Marker. Retreating or benching does NOT get rid of the marker. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== INTENSE VOLTAGE (Elecivire - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. Can I use Electivire's "Intense Voltage" to move non-basic Electric energy like Rainbow, Multi, etc.?
A. The lightning-bolt symbol in the text of Intense Voltage indicates Electric energy in general, not "Basic Electric Energy". Intense Voltage can move Rainbow, etc. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If an Electivire uses "Intense Voltage" to move multiple energies to itself while Shiftry-EX with "Dark Eyes" is in play, it takes 2 damage counters per energy moved, correct?
A. Right. Many players take the shortcut of moving energy cards all at once, but the Intense Voltage Poke-POWER is technically moving only one energy each time, thus invoking the Dark Eyes Poke-BODY each time it is used. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== SHUFFLE (Unown - EX:Unseen Forces)

Q. Can the Unseen Forces Unown-S use its "Shuffle" Poke-POWER to pull up an Unown-A from the D/P expansion?
A. Yes, it can. If a card refers to "Unown" it refers to all Unown, both D/P and older. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== SUPREME COMMAND (Empoleon LV.X - Diamond & Pearl)

* Empoleon LV.X from Diamond & Pearl contains an error. Its Poké-Power symbol was printed with the Poké-Body symbol. In all cases, play Empoleon's effect as a Poké-Power. The game play of the effect remains unchanged. (May 25, 2007 PUI Announcements)

Q. My opponent used Empoleon LV.X's "Supreme Command" on his last turn, and during my turn I attach a Cessation Crystal to my Pokémon. Do I get my 2 cards back?
A. No. The Poke-POWER has already been used, and you will not get your cards back until the end of your turn. (Diamond & Pearl FAQ; May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have 8 cards in my hand and my opponent uses Empoleon LV.X's "Supreme Command" on me, can I play Steven's Advice on my turn?
A. The two face down cards do not count as being in your hand during your entire next turn. So with only six cards in your hand you may use the Steven's Advice. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== AQUA RING (Manaphy - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If I don't have any Benched Pokémon, can I still use Manaphy's "Aqua Ring" attack?
A. Yes, you can. You would only switch with a Benched Pokémon if you had one. (Diamond & Pearl FAQ; May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== ELECTROMARK (Tyranitar EX - EX:Dragon Frontiers)

Q. What ways can a Pokemon get rid of an attached "Imprison" marker or "Shock-wave" marker?
A. Evolving, devolving, leveling up (i.e. LV.X), leaving play, and Tropius' "Tropical Heal" Poke-POWER are currently the only ways to get rid of an Imprison or Shock-wave Marker. Retreating or benching does NOT get rid of the marker. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== ERRAND-RUNNING (Budew - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If I use Budew's "Errand-Running" attack to search for a Trainer, can I search for any Pre-D/P Supporters or Stadiums?
A. No. Since this is a "D/P era" attack it refers to the newer definition of "Trainer cards", and therefore you may not search for an older Supporter or Stadium card. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== FLASH CANNON (Dialga - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If I use Dialga's "Flash Cannon" to attack my opponent's Infernape LV.X, what happens?
A. Dialga's Flash Cannon attack would remove the highest Stage Evolution card, in this case, the regular Infernape. You would also remove Infernape LV.X too since the Pokemon is no longer an Infernape. The LV.X goes wherever the Stage 2 goes. (Diamond & Pearl FAQ; May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== GIGA DRAIN (Beautifly - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If Beautifly does "Giga Drain" and the Defending Pokemon only has 10 HP left, does Beautifly still heal itself for 50 damage?
A. Yes, because the 50 damage is still done, even though it is more than enough to KO the Defending Pokemon. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== HARDEN (Cascoon - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If I use Cascoon's "Harden" attack which prevents any attack damage that is 30 or less during the opponent's next turn, does that come before or after calculating for Weakness/Resistance?
A. Weakness & Resistance are factored in before determining whether Harden blocks it or not. So if a fire Pokemon's attack does 20 damage to Casoon and then +20 more is added for Cascoon's Weakness, Harden would not prevent the damage. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== REVENGE (Machamp - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. When using Machamp's "Revenge" attack, does it have to be in play at the time the Pokémon was Knocked Out, or can it evolve on my turn and still get the extra 50 damage?
A. Machamp does not have to be in play on the previous turn. It is known to both players that a Pokémon was Knocked Out on the previous turn. (Diamond & Pearl FAQ; May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== TRANSBACK (Palkia - Diamond & Pearl)

Q. If Palkia's "Transback" attack does enough damage to KO the Defending Pokemon, can I still choose to flip the coin and if heads return the Defending Pokemon and its attached cards back into the deck instead?
A. Well, the order of attack rules say to "do any damage first, then do any other effects, and finally Knock Out any Pokemon that have damage greater than or equal to their Hit Points". So yes, you can choose to try the coin flip effect before the Defending Pokemon is KO'd by the Transback attack's damage. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== RARE CANDY (EX:Sandstorm; EX:Emerald; EX:Holon Phantoms; others)

Q. If I use Rare Candy to put an Empoleon on my Piplup, can I then immediately put Empoleon LV.X on top of that?
A. No, you may not. Just like you cannot use Rare Candy to attach a Stage 1 then evolve it into a Stage 2 on the same turn, you cannot place a LV.X Pokemon on top of a Pokemon that used Rare Candy on that same turn. (May 31, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back