Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for May 4th, 2017

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, May 4th, 2017

(Added May 4th Rulings, and FAQ for SM:Guardians Rising)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|

|

* SM02: Guardians Rising FAQ --

* May 4th, 2017 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== DAUNTING POSE (Machoke - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. What happens if I try to use Chandelure's "Shady Move" Ability to move a damage counter from my Pokemon to one of my opponent's Pokemon while they have a Machoke with "Daunting Pose" Ability in play? And what happens if I try to move one of my opponent's damage counters from one Pokemon to one of their Benched Pokemon.

A. In both cases Shady Move would remove the damage counter from the first Pokemon, but the second Pokemon would not receive it because it is protected by Daunting Pose. If you try to move damage *to* something that blocks effects, the damage disappears; if you try to move damage *from* something that blocks effects, the damage stays there. But Daunting Pose only prevents putting damage counters ON your Benched Pokemon; it does not prevent taking damage counters OFF your Pokemon. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== HOT POISON (Salazzle - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. For Salazzle's "Hot Poison" Ability, can I choose to only Poison or only Burn the opponent's Active Pokemon? Or do I have to do them both?

A. No, you must either apply both Special Conditions (if you are able to), or not use the Ability. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== SHADY MOVE (Chandelure - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. For Chandelure's "Shady Move" Ability, am I allowed to move a damage counter from one of my Pokemon to one of my opponent's Pokemon?

A. Yes, you can. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if I try to use Chandelure's "Shady Move" Ability to move a damage counter from my Pokemon to one of my opponent's Pokemon while they have a Machoke with "Daunting Pose" Ability in play? And what happens if I try to move one of my opponent's damage counters from one Pokemon to one of their Benched Pokemon.

A. In both cases Shady Move would remove the damage counter from the first Pokemon, but the second Pokemon would not receive it because it is protected by Daunting Pose. If you try to move damage *to* something that blocks effects, the damage disappears; if you try to move damage *from* something that blocks effects, the damage stays there. But Daunting Pose only prevents putting damage counters ON your Benched Pokemon; it does not prevent taking damage counters OFF your Pokemon. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== STEELWORKER (Dhelmise - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. If I have more than one Dhelmise in play, do I get to add 10 damage for Metal Pokemon attacks for each one of their "Steelworker" Abilities?

A. Yes, they will stack. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== ROLL CALL (Politoed - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. What happens if I have less than three spaces on my bench when using Politoed's "Roll Call" attack? Or what if I don't have any room on my bench at all?

A. You can use the attack no matter how many Pokemon are on your Bench, but you can only get as many Pokemon as you have spaces on your Bench. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. What happens if I use Politoed's "Roll Call" attack and cannot find a Poliwag, Poliwhirl and/or Poliwrath in my deck?

A. When performing an attack you do as much of it as you can. And since the contents of the deck are unknown you can also voluntarily fail to find one or more of the Pokemon you are searching for. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

== TRACTORBEAM (Gothitelle - SM:Guardians Rising)

Q. What happens to Gothitelle's "Tractorbeam" attack if the opponent has no benched Pokemon?

A. If you can't switch a new Pokemon, the attack doesn’t do any damage. (Guardians Rising FAQ; May 4, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back