Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for November 10th, 2022 (Part 2)

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, November 10th, 2022
(Added September, October, and November Rulings and FAQ for SW:Silver Tempest)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* September 15th, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* September 22nd, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* September 29th, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* October 6th, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* October 13th, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* October 20th, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 27th, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* November 3rd, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SW12: Silver Tempest FAQ --
* November 10th, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* November 17th, 2022 -- No New Rulings!! --
* November 24th, 2022 -- NO MEETING (Thanksgiving) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

TRAINER CARDS

== BIG PARASOL (SW: Darkness Ablaze) <SWSH3_157>

Q. If I use Fantina and then my Flying Pikachu V with Big Parasol attached uses its "Fly" attack and successfully lands heads, would my opponent's Giratina V's "Shred" attack do any damage to Flying Pikachu V or not?
A. Shred isn't affected by "any effects on the Defending Pokémon"; so the effects from Fantina and Big Parasol and Fly would all be ignored, and Shred would do damage. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== CHOY (SW: Astral Radiance) <SWSH10_137>

Q. If I have Milotic with "Dew Guard" Ability in play, what happens if my opponent plays Choy?
A. Dew Guard prevents you from revealing your hand, but your opponent still reveals their hand and draws 3 cards. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== COLRESS'S EXPERIMENT (SW: Lost Origin) <SWSH11_155>

Q. Can I use Comfey's "Flower Selecting" Ability or Colress's Experiment if I have only 1 card left in my deck?
A. You can play either of them with only one card left in your deck; but you have to put the card into your hand, you cannot discard it or put it into the Lost Zone. (Oct 6, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== EARTHEN SEAL STONE (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_154>

Q. Can I use the VSTAR Powers of Earthen Seal Stone or Forest Seal Stone if they are attached to Pokémon-V that have not evolved into a Pokémon VSTAR yet?
A. Yes, that is correct. But keep in mind that you still can't use more than one VSTAR Power in a game, even if you evolve the Pokémon V into a Pokémon VSTAR later. (Silver Tempest FAQ; Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have Galarian Zapdos V with "Fighting Instinct" Ability active and an Earthen Seal Stone attached, and my opponent has 3 Pokémon V in play, can Galarian Zapdos V use Earth Sealing Stone's "Star Gravity" attack for free?
A. Yes, you can. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== FANTINA (SW: Lost Origin) <SWSH11_157>

Q. If I use Fantina and then my Flying Pikachu V with Big Parasol attached uses its "Fly" attack and successfully lands heads, would my opponent's Giratina V's "Shred" attack do any damage to Flying Pikachu V or not?
A. Shred isn't affected by "any effects on the Defending Pokémon"; so the effects from Fantina and Big Parasol and Fly would all be ignored, and Shred would do damage. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== FOREST SEAL STONE (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_156>

Q. Can I use the VSTAR Powers of Earthen Seal Stone or Forest Seal Stone if they are attached to Pokémon-V that have not evolved into a Pokémon VSTAR yet?
A. Yes, that is correct. But keep in mind that you still can't use more than one VSTAR Power in a game, even if you evolve the Pokémon V into a Pokémon VSTAR later. (Silver Tempest FAQ; Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Forest Seal Stone's "Star Alchemy" Ability if Path to the Peak is in play?
A. Yes, you can. It's not an Ability the Pokémon has, but it's an Ability the Pokémon has access to. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== LOST CITY (SW: Lost Origin) <SWSH11_161>

Q. When Lost City stadium is in play and an evolved Pokémon is knocked out, does the Basic and all of its evolution cards go to the Lost Zone, or only the top evolution card goes into the Lost Zone and the rest of the Pokémon cards go to the discard pile?
A. Yes, all of the Pokémon in the evolution chain go into the Lost Zone. All other cards are "attached" and are discarded. (Oct 13, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== PATH TO THE PEAK (SW: Chilling Reign) <SWSH6_48>

Q. Can I use Forest Seal Stone's "Star Alchemy" Ability if Path to the Peak is in play?
A. Yes, you can. It's not an Ability the Pokémon has, but it's an Ability the Pokémon has access to. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. After using Unown VSTAR's "Star Cipher" attack while Path to the Peak is in play, I then use Spiritomb's "Ticking Terror" attack to change the Defending Pokémon's Weakness to {D}. If my opponent removes Path to the Peak from play, what will that Pokémon's Weakness be?
A. The Weakness will be {P}. Once Path to the Peak is removed from play Star Cipher's effect will reapply, and the most recent Weakness-changing effect takes precedent. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== QUAD STONE (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_163>

Q. If you somehow get 4 Quad Stone back into your hand, can you play them all to heal all your Pokémon again?
A. Yes, you can. (Silver Tempest FAQ; Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== RILEY (SW: Lost Origin) <SWSH11_166>

Q. If I have Milotic with "Dew Guard" Ability in play, what happens if my opponent plays Riley?
A. Your opponent reveals the top 5 cards of their deck but you would not choose 2 cards, and they get to put all 5 cards into their hand. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== SERENA (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_164>

Q. Can a player use Serena's first option if they would still have 5 or more cards in their hand even after discarding 3 cards?
A. The main effect of Serena's first option is to discard cards from your hand; so as long as you can discard at least 1 card from your hand you can use it. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== SORDWARD & SHIELBERT (SW: Battle Styles) <SWSH5_135>

Q. If my opponent has Milotic with "Dew Guard" Ability is in play, what happens if I play Sordward & Shielbert from my hand?
A. Since the opponent cannot answer the question due to the effect of Dew Guard, Sordward & Shielbert fizzles and nothing happens. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPICY SEASONED CURRY (SW: Astral Radiance) <SWSH10_149>

Q. Are you able to play Spicy Seasoned Curry when your active Pokémon doesn't have any damage on it or is already Burned?
A. If your Active Pokémon does not have any damage on it AND it is already Burned, you cannot play Spicy Seasoned Curry. But if it is not Burned OR if it already has damage on it, you can play Spicy Seasoned Curry and do as much of it as you can. (Oct 13, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have Virizion V with "Verdant Wind" Ability in play, can I play Spicy Seasoned Curry to heal 40 damage from one of my Pokémon with {G} Energy attached and not get Burned?
A. Yes that would work, even if there's no damage on the Pokémon with {G} Energy attached. It's a valid target to be Burned, but the Burn condition is blocked by Verdant Wind. (Oct 13, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== TEMPLE OF SINNOH (SW: Astral Radiance) <SWSH10_155>

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play and a player has a Basic Rapid Strike Sobble with a Rapid Strike Energy attached, and the player evolves to a Drizzile which is not a Rapid Strike Pokemon, does the Rapid Strike Energy get discarded or not?
A. Since the Rapid Strike Energy is already attached, it stays attached to Drizzile while Temple of Sinnoh is in play; however, it would be discarded from the Drizzile when Temple of Sinnoh leaves play. (Oct 6, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play, can I attach a Rapid Strike Energy to a non-Rapid Strike Pokémon?
A. No, you cannot. (Oct 6, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== THORTON (SW: Lost Origin) <SWSH11_167>

Q. If I have Comfey in play and I use its "Flower Selecting" Ability, can I then use Thorton to switch it with a different Comfey and use "Flower Selecting" from the new Comfey?
A. No, that won't work. Even though the new Comfey is a different Pokémon than the first one, it remembers the Flower Selecting Ability was already used this turn so you cannot use it again on that Pokémon. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Thorton to put a non-Dark Basic Pokémon from my discard pile onto my bench if I have Eternatus VMAX with the "Eternal Zone" Ability in play?
A. No, you can't play Thorton at all if there aren't any Basic {D} Pokémon in your discard pile. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can I use Thorton to put a Shedinja with "Shell Survival" Ability onto my bench?
A. No, you cannot. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have a heavily damaged Basic Pokémon V in play, can I use Thorton to switch it with a regular one-prize Basic Pokémon from my discard pile?
A. Yes, and if the new Basic Pokémon has less HP than the amount of damage counters it is immediately KO'd and will relinquish only one prize to your opponent. (Sep 29, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== WORKER (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_167>

Q. When using Worker, can I draw 3 cards if there is no Stadium in play?
A. Yes, you can. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== RAPID STRIKE ENERGY (SW: Battle Styles) <SWSH5-140>

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play and a player has a Basic Rapid Strike Sobble with a Rapid Strike Energy attached, and the player evolves to a Drizzile which is not a Rapid Strike Pokémon, does the Rapid Strike Energy get discarded or not?
A. Since the Rapid Strike Energy is already attached, it stays attached to Drizzile while Temple of Sinnoh is in play; however, it would be discarded from the Drizzile when Temple of Sinnoh leaves play. (Oct 6, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If Temple of Sinnoh is in play, can I attach a Rapid Strike Energy to a non-Rapid Strike Pokémon?
A. No, you cannot. (Oct 6, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== REGENERATIVE ENERGY (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_168>

Q. If I have multiple Regenerative Energy cards attached to a Pokémon-V, will they each heal 100 damage when I evolve that Pokémon?
A. Yes, Regenerative Energy will stack. (Silver Tempest FAQ; Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

== V GUARD ENERGY (SW: Silver Tempest) <SWSH12_169>

Q. If I have multiple V Guard Energy cards attached to a single Pokémon, will they each prevent 30 damage from my opponent's Pokémon V's attacks?
A. No, V Guard Energy does not stack. It specifically says on the card, "this effect can't be applied more than once at a time to the same Pokémon". (Silver Tempest FAQ; Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== POKEMON V

Q. Can I evolve my Unown [V] from the Neo or Diamond & Pearl series into Unown VSTAR?
A. No, you cannot. Unown [V] is a different card name than Unown V. (Nov 10, 2022 TPCi Rules Team)

Back