Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for November 12th, 2020

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, November 12th, 2020
(Added October 22nd & November 12th Rulings and FAQ for SW: Vivid Voltage)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* October 1st, 2020 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 8th, 2020 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 15th, 2020 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 22nd, 2020 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* October 29th, 2020 -- No New Rulings!! --
* November 5th, 2020 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SW04: Vivid Voltage FAQ --
* November 12th, 2020 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== BUZZAP GENERATOR (Electrode - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. When using Electrode's "Buzzap Generator" Ability, can I attach the 2 {L} Energy cards to Electrode before it is KO'd?
A. Yes, you can. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== EERIE BEAM (Orbeetle VMAX - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. Can you use more than one Orbeetle VMAX's "Eerie Beam" Ability per turn?
A. If a different Orbeetle VMAX becomes active you can use its Eerie Beam Ability, but each Orbeetle VMAX can only use its Eerie Beam Ability once per turn. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== RESOLUTE SPEAR (Galarian Sirfetch’d V - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. Can you move Stone Energy or Rainbow Energy with Galarian Sirfetch'd V’s "Resolute Spear" Ability?
A. Yes, while attached those energies provide {F} energy. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== SHELL SURVIVAL (Shedinja - SW: Vivid Voltage)

* There's a new deck building rule with Shedinja from Vivid Voltage. Shedinja with the "Shell Survival" Ability cannot be the only Basic Pokemon in your deck. You must have at least 1 other Basic Pokemon in your deck besides Shedinja with "Shell Survival". (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you use Nest Ball to put a Shedinja with the "Shell Survival" Ability directly into play from your deck since it is a Basic?
A. No, you cannot. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== SHIFTY SUBSTITUTION (Shiftry - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. If I play Nessa on my turn while my opponent has "Shifty Substitution" in effect, do I still get to Paralyze the opponent's Active Pokemon if I use Drednaw's "Vise Wave" attack?
A. Yes, because even though Shifty Substitution replaces Nessa's usual effect the Supporter card still has the same name, so Vise Wave will still paralyze your opponent. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== SPECTRAL BREACH (Dusknoir - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. If Dusknoir's "Spectral Breach" Ability is active, does Double Colorless Energy provide one energy or two?
A. It would only provide one {C} Energy. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If Dusknoir with "Spectral Breach" Ability is in play, does Capture Energy's effect of searching for a Basic Pokemon work?
A. No, it does not. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If my Beast Energy {*} gets discarded while my opponent has Dusknoir's "Spectral Breach" Ability in effect, does it still go to the Lost Zone?
A. Yes, Spectral Breach does not affect the Prism Star Rule. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If Dusknoir with the "Spectral Breach" Ability gets Knocked Out while Recycle Energy is attached to it, does the Recycle Energy go back to my hand or not?
A. No, Spectral Breach is still in effect when the cards are going to the discard pile, so the Recycle Energy would be discarded. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== AMAZING BLOOM (Celebi - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. When using Celebi's "Amazing Bloom" attack, can I search for a Stage 2 Pokemon and put it onto a Basic Pokemon if they're in the same evolution line, for example from Charmander to Charizard?
A. No, Amazing Bloom does not let you skip stages. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== HEAD CRACK (Exeggutor - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. If my opponent uses Exeggutor's "Head Crack" attack, then my Active Pokemon retreats for another Pokemon that has the same attack name that was blocked, can my new Pokemon use that attack or is it blocked?
A. Head Crack places the effect on your Pokemon that was Active when attacked, so when that Pokemon is benched the effect of Head Crack ends. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== REVENGE BLAST (Dubwool V - SW: Rebel Clash)

Q. For Billowing Smoke, since prize cards are discarded when the Pokemon it's attached to gets KO'd, how does this interact with Dubwool V's "Revenge Blast" attack that "does 30 more damage for each Prize card your opponent has taken"?
A. Revenge Blast does not count any prizes that were discarded due to Billowing Smoke. (Oct 22, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== VISE WAVE (Drednaw - SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. If I play Nessa on my turn while my opponent has "Shifty Substitution" in effect, do I still get to Paralyze the opponent's Active Pokemon if I use Drednaw's "Vise Wave" attack?
A. Yes, because even though Shifty Substitution replaces Nessa's usual effect the Supporter card still has the same name, so Vise Wave will still paralyze your opponent. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== BILLOWING SMOKE (SW: Darkness Ablaze)

Q. For Billowing Smoke, since prize cards are discarded when the Pokemon it's attached to gets KO'd, how does this interact with Dubwool V's "Revenge Blast" attack that "does 30 more damage for each Prize card your opponent has taken"?
A. Revenge Blast does not count any prizes that were discarded due to Billowing Smoke. (Oct 22, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== MOOMOO CHEESE (SW: Vivid Voltage)

Q. Does Moomoo Cheese allow you to heal 30 damage each from up to 2 of your Pokemon, or does it heal a total of 30 damage between the two (like 20 on one and 10 on another)?
A. Each Pokemon you choose for Moomoo Cheese gets to heal 30 damage. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. When using Moomoo Cheese, can I choose to heal less than 30 damage from my Pokemon?
A. If the Pokemon has 30 or more damage on it you must heal 30 damage, but if it has less than 30 damage you do as much as you can and heal all of it. (Vivid Voltage FAQ; Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== NEST BALL (SM: Sun & Moon)

Q. Can you use Nest Ball to put a Shedinja with the "Shell Survival" Ability directly into play from your deck since it is a Basic?
A. No, you cannot. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== BEAST ENERGY {*} (SM: Forbidden Light)

Q. If my Beast Energy {*} gets discarded while my opponent has Dusknoir's "Spectral Breach" Ability in effect, does it still go to the Lost Zone?
A. Yes, Spectral Breach does not affect the Prism Star Rule. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== CAPTURE ENERGY (SW: Rebel Clash)

Q. If Dusknoir with "Spectral Breach" Ability is in play, does Capture Energy's effect of searching for a Basic Pokemon work?
A. No, it does not. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

== RECYCLE ENERGY (SM: Unified Minds)

Q. If Dusknoir with the "Spectral Breach" Ability gets Knocked Out while Recycle Energy is attached to it, does the Recycle Energy go back to my hand or not?
A. No, Spectral Breach is still in effect when the cards are going to the discard pile, so the Recycle Energy would be discarded. (Nov 12, 2020 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back