Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for November 13, 2014

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, November 13th, 2014
(Added November 13th Rulings and FAQ for XY04:phantom Forces)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* October 2nd, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 9th, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 16th, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 23rd, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* October 30th, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* XY04: Phantom Forces FAQ --
* November 6th, 2014 -- No New Rulings!! --
* November 13th, 2014 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== SAFEGUARD (Sigilyph - BW:Dragons Exalted; Others}

Q. If I use Kyogre EX's "Smash Turn" or Celebi EX's "Wind Whisk" or Gengar EX's "Dark Corridor" attack, can I switch it with my benched Sigilyph that has the "Safeguard" Ability?
A. Since the attacking Pokemon is the target of the switch effect, Sigilyph can be moved in this situation. (Jan 31, 2013, TPCi Rules Team; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

***** PREVIOUS RULING: THIS ONE HAS BEEN UPDATED; See Above *****
Q. If I use Kyogre EX's "Smash Turn" or Celebi EX's "Wind Whisk" attack, can I switch it with my benched Sigilyph that has the "Safeguard" Ability?
A. Since the attacking Pokemon is the target of the switch effect, Sigilyph can be moved in this situation. (Jan 31, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

== SLIP TRIP (Goodra - XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I or my opponent have Goodra with "Slip Trip" in play, can I still attach a Team Flare Tool to my opponent's Pokemon?
A. Yes. It does not prevent a player from attaching a Tool to another player's Pokemon. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DARK CORRIDOR (Gengar EX - XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I use Kyogre EX's "Smash Turn" or Celebi EX's "Wind Whisk" or Gengar EX's "Dark Corridor" attack, can I switch it with my benched Sigilyph that has the "Safeguard" Ability?
A. Since the attacking Pokemon is the target of the switch effect, Sigilyph can be moved in this situation. (Jan 31, 2013, TPCi Rules Team; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== DIZZYING WIND (Venomoth - XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I used Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack and my opponent plays a Tool and flips tails, is it discarded?
A. Yes, even though it would not normally be discarded. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. I am playing a Robo Substitute from my hand to my Bench, but my opponent used Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack last turn. Do I have to flip to play it?
A. Yes, Robo Substitute is a Trainer card when it is played. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== PHANTOM GATE (M Gengar EX - XY:phantom Forces)

Q. Does Mega Gengar EX have to have the correct types of Energy attached to it to do an attack that is copied by "Phantom Gate"?
A. No, it just needs the Energy required by Phantom Gate. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== SURPRISE STRIKE (Yanmega - XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I move Yanmega from being an Active Pokemon to the Bench, and then back to Active again in the same turn, does it get the bonus damage?
A. Yes. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== TRAINERS IN GENERAL

Q. Can you play Professor Juniper or Fiery Torch, or any draw Trainer, with no cards in your deck?
A. No, you cannot play a Trainer when it is known that it will have no effect. (Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== AZ (XY:phantom Forces)

Q. When playing the AZ supporter, do I put all Pokemon stages into my hand, or just the Basic or highest stage?
A. You put all of the Pokemon cards into your hand, including all Stages and Mega cards. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== DIMENSION VALLEY (XY:phantom Forces)

Q, When Dimension Valley is in play, if Mew EX uses its "Versatile" Ability to copy an attack from another Pokemon, will the attack's Energy cost be reduced by (C)?
A. Yes. (Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== FIGHTING STADIUM (XY:Furious Fists)

Q. Is the damage bonus from Fighting Stadium applied to all Defending Pokemon-EX, or only the opponent's Active Pokemon-EX?
A. It will apply only to an opponent's Active Pokemon-EX, not to any Benched Pokemon-EX. (Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== LYSANDRE'S TRUMP CARD (XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I play Lysandre's Trump Card and I have a Lysandre's Trump Card from a previous turn in the Discard pile does that card get shuffled back into my deck?
A. No, the wording on Lysandre's Trump Card that says "except for Lysandre's Trump Card" is referring to all Lysandre's Trump Cards in the Discard pile. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== ROBO SUBSTITUTE (XY:phantom Forces)

Q. Can Robo Substitute be affected by Special conditions or not?
A. Yes, it can. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you attach Energy cards or Tools to Robo Substitute?
A. Yes, you can. For purposes of attaching cards you treat Robo Substitute as a Pokemon while it's in play. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you use Super Scoop Up or AZ on a Robo Substitute?
A. Yes. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you put Robo Substitute on your Bench or make it your Active Pokemon during game startup?
A. No, you cannot. This is an Item card before it is in play, so you cannot put this card out as a Pokemon when you are preparing for battle. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. I am playing a Robo Substitute from my hand to my Bench, but my opponent used Venomoth's "Dizzying Wind" attack last turn. Do I have to flip to play it?
A. Yes, Robo Substitute is a Trainer card when it is played. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Can you use Target Whistle on an opponent's discarded Robo Substitute?
A. Target Whistle says that it can bring back a Basic Pokemon card, but the Robo Substitute in the discard pile is a Trainer card, not a Basic Pokemon. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

== TARGET WHISTLE (XY:phantom Forces)

Q. Can you use Target Whistle on an opponent's discarded Robo Substitute?
A. Target Whistle says that it can bring back a Basic Pokemon card, but the Robo Substitute in the discard pile is a Trainer card, not a Basic Pokemon. (Phantom Forces FAQ; Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== MYSTERY ENERGY (XY:phantom Forces)

Q. If I have a Mystery Energy attached to an active Trevenant with a Retreat Cost of {3} could I pay for my one Retreat Cost using the Mystery Energy?
A. Yes, Mystery Energy will reduce the Retreat Cost, and you can discard it to pay for the final energy. The Pokemon is on the Bench before the Energy Cost returns to normal. (Nov 13, 2014 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back