Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for September 11, 2008

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Rulings Compendium Update September 11, 2008

Last edited: Thursday, September 11th, 2008
(Added September 11th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* September 11th, 2008 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== GUARD (Unown G - Great Encounters)

Q. If my Active Pokemon is attacked with "Sonic Blade", can I choose a Pokemon on my bench with Unown-G's "GUARD" Poke-POWER attached to it and prevent the switching portion of "Sonic Blade"?
A. Yes, you may do this. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Can Unown-G's "GUARD" Poke-POWER prevent the effect of my opponent's Froslass's "Destiny Bond" attack last turn?
A. The effect of Destiny Bond is on Frosslass. The Unown G’s Poké-Power GUARD will protect your Pokémon (that has Unown G attached to it) from being Knocked Out. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If my opponent uses Sandslash's "Spike Armor" attack, but then on my turn I attack Sandslash with a Pokemon having Unown-G attached with its "GUARD" Poke-POWER, would Sandslash's "Spike Armor" be able to place any damage counters on my Pokemon or not?
A. The effect of Spike Armor is on Sandslash. The Unown G’s Poké-Power GUARD will prevent the effect of your opponent’s attacks, so you don’t put damage counters on your Active Pokémon (that has Unown G attached to it) after doing damage to Sandslash. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== DESTINY BOND (Gastly - Base Set; Gastly - Legendary Collection; Froslass - Legends Awakened)

Q. Can Unown-G's "GUARD" Poke-POWER prevent the effect of my opponent's Froslass's "Destiny Bond" attack last turn?
A. The effect of Destiny Bond is on Frosslass. The Unown G’s Poké-Power GUARD will protect your Pokémon (that has Unown G attached to it) from being Knocked Out. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== SONIC BLADE (Gallade - DP:Secret Wonders)

Q. If my Active Pokemon is attacked with "Sonic Blade", can I choose a Pokemon on my bench with Unown-G's "GUARD" Poke-POWER attached to it and prevent the switching portion of "Sonic Blade"?
A. Yes, you may do this. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== SPIKE ARMOR (Sandslash - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. If my opponent uses Sandslash's "Spike Armor" attack, but then on my turn I attack Sandslash with a Pokemon having Unown-G attached with its "GUARD" Poke-POWER, would Sandslash's "Spike Armor" be able to place any damage counters on my Pokemon or not?
A. The effect of Spike Armor is on Sandslash. The Unown G’s Poké-Power GUARD will prevent the effect of your opponent’s attacks, so you don’t put damage counters on your Active Pokémon (that has Unown G attached to it) after doing damage to Sandslash. (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

ENERGY CARDS

== METAL ENERGY (SPECIAL)

Q. Does special Metal Energy reduce damage done to me from attacks by my own Pokemon?
A. Yes, as long as it is attached to a metal type Pokemon. But keep in mind that Metal Energy does NOT prevent the "placing of damage counters" (not same as "damage done"). (Sep 11, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Back