Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for September 7th, 2023 (Part 2)

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, September 7th, 2023
(Added July 13th & August 31st & September 7th Rulings and FAQ for SV03:Obsidian Flames)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* June 29th, 2022 -- NO MEETING (North American Internationals) --
* July 6th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 13th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* July 20th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* July 27th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 3rd, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* SV03: Obsidian Flames FAQ --
* SV03: Obsidian Flames FAQ Addendum --
* August 10th, 2022 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* August 17th, 2023 -- NO MEETING (Worlds, Yokohama) --
* August 24th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* August 31st, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --
* September 7th, 2023 -- No New Rulings!! --
* September 7th, 2023 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ENERGY CARDS

== FUSION STRIKE ENERGY (SW:Fusion Strike) <SWSH8_244>

Q. If my opponent has Spiritomb with the "Fettered in Misfortune" Ability in play, does attaching a Fusion Strike Energy to my Genesect V allow it to use its "Fusion Strike System" Ability or not?
A. Fusion Strike Energy protects Genesect V from the effect of Fettered in Misfortune, so yes it would be able to use its Fusion Strike System Ability. (Jul 13, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I use Radiant Alakazam's "Painful Spoons" Ability to move two damage counters from one of my opponent's Pokemon to a Fusion Strike Pokemon with Fusion Strike Energy attached to it, what happens to the damage counters?
A. Since the opponent's Fusion Strike Energy prevents all effects of Abilities done by your Pokemon, if you choose to move the damage counters to a Fusion Strike Pokemon with Fusion Strike Energy attached the damage counters would be discarded rather than moved onto that Pokemon. However, if you choose a Fusion Strike Pokemon with Fusion Strike Energy attached as the source of where the damage counters would be moved from, they simply are not moved and the Painful Spoons ability stops there. (Aug 31, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. If I have a Klawf ex with "Counterattacking Pincer" Ability and Rugged Helmet attached to it, what happens if it gets damaged by an opponent's attack from a Fusion Strike Pokemon that has a Fusion Strike Energy and a Double Turbo Energy attached to it?
A. The Counterattacking Pincer ability and Rugged Helmet are triggered simultaneously, so you may choose the order in which they are applied. If you choose the Counterattacking Pincer ability first it will fizzle due to Fusion Strike Energy. However, if you choose to use Rugged Helmet first you can put the Fusion Strike Energy into the opponent's hand and then you can use Counterattacking Pincer to discard the Double Turbo Energy. (Aug 31, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== GIFT ENERGY (SW:Lost Origin) <SWSH11_171>

Q. If I have both a Lucky Energy and a Gift Energy attached, what happens to a Pokemon if it receives enough damage to be knocked out? Do I get to choose the order of effects, or does one happen before the other.
A. You do not get to choose the order of effects. Lucky Energy's effect happens when damage is placed onto the Pokemon. Then Gift Energy's effect happens later when checking to see if the Pokemon is KO'd or not. (Jul 13, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

== LUCKY ENERGY (SW:Chilling Reign) <SWSH6_158>

Q. If I have both a Lucky Energy and a Gift Energy attached, what happens to a Pokemon if it receives enough damage to be knocked out? Do I get to choose the order of effects, or does one happen before the other.
A. You do not get to choose the order of effects. Lucky Energy's effect happens when damage is placed onto the Pokemon. Then Gift Energy's effect happens later when checking to see if the Pokemon is KO'd or not. (Jul 13, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== EVOLVING

Q. Can I evolve the Cleffa from Obsidian Flames into Clefairy?
A. No. Cleffa doesn't say that it can evolve into Clefairy, and Clefairy doesn't say that it evolves from Cleffa. (Obsidian Flames FAQ; Aug 10, 2023 TPCi Rules Team)

Back