Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Con's late 9th worlds report! with list!

arconine123

hey everyone, sorry for the late report. just haven't had time to write one until now. so i was scheduled to leave to kona on thursday morning but thanks to mr Lombardi himself i missed my free flight after winning nats , apparently gino thought is was a good idea to show up to the airport just on time and do to ticketing i missed my flight and because he was kind of obligated to book me a new flight he did the right thing and missed his flight to rebook both of us on the same flight. look at that, GIno does have a heart, everyone was wrong haha... so yeah that was really cool of him even tho it was his fault in the first place lol. so he books us new flights... but little did ik he booked us for maui, THE WRONG ISLAND!! so we get there and he finally relizes that we were on the wrong island so we cant get to kona by boat so we need two planes, one to honolulu and then one to kona. just our luck no flights that night to kona so we half to sleep at the airport and wait till 5 a.m to fly there. so we arrive finally in kona at 6 with barely any sleep and made use of our amazing friday in HI anyways. i couldnt beleive this place, it was amazing. so that night i head to bed fairly early due to lack of sleep and see that gino wants to play sableye the day before worlds... bad idea!! tried to talk him out of it because he is an amazing player but theres no way that he knew how to play it right. i chose to go with sableye myself with a tech dragonight for mirror and luxchomp... so enough about gino screwing up lol but what do you expect its gino hahah i love the kid!! gino being gino. heres the report...

Round 1: Keisuke Miyadera (JP- NC) Cursegar

-so i start with a great hand of sableye + special dark to his spiritomb. i impersonate to set up and he does the same using his spritomb. t1 one i impersonated for a murkrow which was qeustionable because all i saw t1 was a tomb so it could have been Gardy so i really regreted grabbing the murkrow after i saw him drop gastely from hand. so i take first prize on his tomb and spray the uxie forcing him to send up another tomb to grace into a claydol. i k.o the 2nd tomb and used cyrus for another spray to spray his claydol but he sent up a tomb before his cosmic power so i couldnt spray him, but it forced him to sack another tomb. at this point he has to use tomb again giving me another prize putting it at 3-6 in my favor. but with all these fast prizes my set up wasnt as great as i had hoped it to be, also i was trainer locked this whole time so i had to attach 3 basic energy to my chomp on the bench that was safe, so i thought lol. in his turn he finaly gets a genger going and levels up. i decide to save my spray for a future level down so he cosmics for about 4. heres the twist i have chomp with 3 energy on my bench and nothing else with energy. i figure two chomp snipes then big daddy ftw but he drops a pokemon reversal and flips heads and drags out my chomp with three energy!! expert belts the gengar = k.o. on my chomp!! i cry, and die slightly inside but brush it off haha. he makes a huge comeback due to another heads on the second reversal and brings it down to 1-1 prizes and judges me giving me the energy i needed ftw. close call really cool guy tho, funny stuff he asked me to get a picture of him with my hand on his head and to make a mean faces lol. silly japan. GG
1-0

Round 2: Karl Peters (DE) Luxchomp

-so he starts lone shuppet, ik thats really crappy that he started with his basic mewtwo counter but thats pokemon lol. but sad thing was i didnt start with sableye. my opening hand was garchomp,uknown q, uxie, dragonight, sp radar, murkrow, e gain, then top deck collector. i go first so so i drop dragonite and krow and setup for 4 hopeing for a energy drop t1. but to my shock i draw into a sableye with dark energy and use Q to retreat my chomp and overconfident for the donk!! that was my freebee of the tourny. thats pokemon! lol
2-0

Round 3: Tom Hall (UK) Luxchomp

-this game had its ups and downs. i get a decent opening hand and impersonate for intitiative just so i could role two tails!! so a few turns later i see that he has a steady cyrus chain going, so i use initiative again....here we goooo.... BAM!....roled two tails again!! so from there i was fustrated but i set up my feild so that he could not snipe my benched chomps and took feild control. later thanks to some well timed judges and key sprays he was stuck draw passing. from there you know the rest, i sweep and take control of the game. I end up taking this game fairly easy but a very fustrating game with the flips lol. gg
3-0

Round 4: Stephan Norregaard (DE-NC) Garchomp/Gengar

- this was my featured match, US champ angainst DE champ. tho i would have thought that my round one would have been a better featured match than this one because it was JP champ against US Champ but thats ok. so they annouce the featured match and we start. he starts mewtwo to my sableye, i impersonate for initiative... so i m thinking "how nice would it be to get two heads here in my featured match! wow that sounds great, here i go!"......two dice roles later.... ok yeah well that was a nice thought but instead, i just flip two tails!! lol wth!! i need new dice, or just maybe a new pair of hands... so his turn he doesnt play a supporter so i start stocking up on sprays and get a snipe on his benched chomp. he evolves claydol and i spray the cosmic then snipe it to limit his setup. so at this point i drop Big Daddy Krow for his mewtwo and continue to stock up on sprays. mid game he has two cards in hand, he plays azelf so i let it thru. He then grabs uxie from the prizes and tries to setup for 7 but i spray it and he scoops. not a good match but im really glad i won the featured match.
4-0

round 5: Frank Diaz (US) Cursegar

- so he starts with gasetly and baltoy and i get the t1 overconfident to k.o the gasely forcing him to bring up baltoy. he collectors and uses tomb to set up but overconfident puts me at a 3-6 lead. later in this game i notice that his hand was pretty low so instead of sniping the benched haunter i try something different and snipe his claydol putting me at a 2-6 prize lead. after i sniped the doll he still had options but he didnt use supporters so i knew he would slow down in time allowing me to setup two ways i could take my last two prizes. so i end up using a snipe and then Big Daddy krow for my last prize. gg Diaz.. always great playing you! and congrats on 3rd
5-0

Round 6: Yasmin KIss (DE) Gyradose AMU lock

-she starts sableye and does her thing with that. i collector for a sableye of my own and impersonate a judge and draw a great judge draw so i was set, well basically i drew collector to work with lol. she doesnt do much and impersonates again and i use cyrus and set up my feild to keep up. i search thru my deck and notice that i have a judge prized. great!! this is the matchup that two judges are absolutely needed. so she sets up, so do i and she gets a comfortable prize lead on me and has a HUGE hand and im trying so desperately to draw my vs seeker to judge her but cant get it out of the deck. she has a gdose out swinging for constant 90 and so i start to plan a big move with Big Daddy. its 5-3 prizes in her favor. she has a full bench so i cant use Big Daddys power to drag up a karp. so i see a regice on her bench that has 90 hp. so i snipe it for 80. her turn she hits me for 90. my turn, i go and drop a crobat to k.o her regice on the bench and drop BIg Daddy Krow and put a karp on the bench and decide to pass to her surprise, im guessing she didnt releize what i was planning until i passed. her turn, now she relizes that her damage output had just been limited from 90 down to 60. so she goes and hits Big Daddy for 60. so from there i set up doouble chomps and heal.... snipe..... heal.... snip..... poketurn.... and repeat... bringing my prizes down to 1. she tries to triple crobat Big Daddy Krow as a last resort but i spray one of them and take my last prize with Big Daddy! great game. MVP = Big Daddy Krow!!
6-0

Round 7: Yuta Furusawa(JP-World Champ) Luxchomp/Dialga

-this was a very interesting game. so i start with sableye and get a fast collector because my hand looks like a soiled adult size dyper, gross right? lol. in doing that i grab a garchomp, crobat, and azelf. lol heres the reason. in my prizes were 2 uxie, garchomp, dragonite, and a DCE!!!...grosss haha. so he sets up and grabs a spray so i cant drop azelf but i was able to take the garchomp control somehow. but my first prize was a sp radar lol. so later i half to setup a turn where i could initiative so i could time walk and later i did. when i picked up my prizes the crowed was shocked and they had every right to be after seeing my 5 prizes. so from there we trade prizes back and forth all the way down to 1-1. how did this match come down to 1-1 prizes?? who knows lol. but i thought i could win next turn but he surprizes me with a warp energy and k.o's my chomp on the bench and takes the win. didnt see the warp energy comeing so it caught me by surprise. so i end up 6-1. not too bad gg
6-1

- i find out that my opponent was denmarks NC again. he had actually went 4-3 but squeeked in because of me. so it would be really bad if i lost now to him. i mapped this matchup out in my head and all that kept coming up was that this wasnt a good matchup for me at all, unless i donk. in theory he sets up and i half to level up my garchomps fast so that he cant snipe me on the bench but then he just shadow rooms me for 60, forcing me to poketurn. but heres the twist, if i poketurn he snipes me with his chomp x. so its a lose lose . oh well what can i do, just play. so here goes...

Top 32: Stephan Norregaard (DE-NC) Garchomp/Gengar

Game 1: he gets a crobat start and i start sableye with no energy. but i do have a collector in hand so i go for the initiative t1 and role two tails once more!! that new set of hands sounds great right about now. so after the two tails he is very joyful wich prob means that he only had one supporter in hand. he drops collector and sets up really fast and gets going. picture perfect game for him. so later in the game i see an opening and try to make a comeback. i stocked up on sprays and notice that he has three cards in his hand, so i initiative again....shake....shake.... BAM!!! TWO TAILS!! sad times, :frown:!! there goes that opening. towards the end of the game it was 3-1 prizes and i see another opening! so i see he has a small hand again and if i snipe his doll he might be in trouble. so i do vs seeker for initiative and heyyy guess what.... shake..... shake... toss.....and.... wahhhlaahhh.... TWO TAILS!! I CRY like a big baby for a minute, judge hands me a tissue and i move on lol! jk thats wanted to do. so anyways im 0-6 on flips this game and he jumps for joy because now he had the win in his hand. i lose a very fustrating game one . what can you do with that luck. oh well on to game two..

Game 2: he starts gastley to my uxie. that would have been a great donk but darn uxie start. on top of the uxie my hand looked like dog poopy!!. so i let him go first and he pitch darks me. i top deck a collector and begin to set up. but on his turn i think he candys a doll and then proceeds to candy a gengar + drops two chomps on the bench!!! what is that??. but luckily he didnt have enough energy to snip chomp still this game just went bad for me early. but i was able to slow him down with some key sprays and one heads on an initiative. but even with that he took a 5-2 prize lead. he got down to 2 prizes fast because i had to k.o two gengars sf this game and he flipped one heads on my honchkrow g on one turn and then he fliped heads again on my Big Daddy Krow the next turn! gengar was made for this guy lol. and at one point in this game he had that combo i brought up a little earlier before my match. the one where he snipes my chomp forcing me to poketurn it. but when i poketurned it i also did initiative and sprayed his doll on his turn too, so he couldn't get the resources he needed to snipe my chomp with his own. but late game i see and opportunity and gather a spray for his claydol due to his hand size being at 3. so he has a gengar active shadow rooming for like 0 damage each turn because of heal and turns. after the turn that i sprayed the doll he didnt use a supporter so i decide to snipe the doll. from there he was just drawing and attacking so i snipe for the last prize and steal the win!! 5-2 comback lol what a GAME!!!

Game 3: 15 minutes remaining in the match!! crunch time.. so i start sableye + specail dark! im think yes!!! he flips over a mewtwo lol. so i impersonate initiative and....shake....shake....Boom... two tails!!.....jk i got two heads finally!!!!!! lol i take away his call and his rosey so he has no ways to get basics and relize i could posibly win t2. he draws and top decks a cyrus, and does sp radar for a chomp and attaches to mewtwo and passes. i draw, set up chomps and impersonate a initiative again knowing he has a collector in hand and get the one heads and put it to the bottom leaving him with no ways to get basics again. he draws and wiffs. passes i snipe chomp on the bench and he draws and wiffs again. then i crobat and snipe the mewtwo ftw!!! close call few!!

- really exited for the next day and call everyone from back home and tell them the good news. Gino ended up going 4-3 with the list but 4-3 was actually better than i expected he would go with the deck, and sucks he wasnt going to the next day with me but ik he was going to be right there rooting for me. so i find out im playing prawm playing Gardy with champ. its cool. ik i would need a good start to handle this matchup.

Top 16: Mike Prawmawat (US) Gardy/Champ

Game 1: this game was pretty even but he had a slightly faster start than me and got out his machamp mid game to put him over the edge. he takes game one and overpowered me with his setup. gg

Game 2: this game he got a really slow start and i got t2 dragon rush and he scoops around t4. the game was way too out of reach. on to game 3

Game 3: Game 3 i had a great start and his start was kind of slow. i had fast snipe on his pokemon but i was forced to dragon rush with basic energy and could not draw a dce for my life so i was sniping every other turn. but one crucial turn that i needed an energy i poketurned my bat to setup for about 6 and wiffed hard on the energy. so i draw into felicity and drew 4 more and wiffed! so i send up sableye and initiative and flip 2 tails! big wiff huge consequences for next turn. so he retreats and promots kirlia from bench and telepasses judge and i draw crap!! and because i did setup and felicity baking on a energy i didnt have 3 sp so i couldn't spray him. but that was the play because i didnt expect to wiff off of that many draw. my intentions was to k.o the kirla so that he wouldn't have any outs but i wiffed hardcore lol. so after the judge i just had no options. he made a comeback i couldnt draw anything from there and lost a very intense and fustrating game. GG dude and congrats on second

-So i end up in 9th after all of that!!! overall had a great time and HI was amazing!!! and even tho i lost it still felt like i won. i got a chance to meet some really chill people. got to fool around with all the crazy japanese guys!! in a non **** way of course lol. this year will be very hard to top but thats the goal for next year to even do better. lets see how it goes... see you all next year!!

THE LIST! for all of you who haven't seen it or know about it by now. here it is...

Pokemon (20)

4 Sableye
2 Uxie
1 Uxie LV.X
2 Garchomp
2 Garchomp LV.X
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf
1 Murkrow
1 Honchkrow (BIG DADDY KROW!)
1 Honchkrow G
1 Toxicroak
2 Crobat
1 Dragonite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trainers (29)

4 Cyrus’s Conspiracy
2 Cyrus’s Initiative < hate this card!! but love it at the same time lol
2 Pokémon Collector
1 Bebe’s Search
1 Felicity’s Drawing
2 Judge
3 Team Galactic’s Invention G-101 Energy Gain
4 Team Galactic’s Invention G-103 Power Spray
4 Team Galactic’s Invention G-105 Poké Turn
3 Team Galactic’s Invention G-109 SP Radar
1 Aaron’s Collection
1 Premier Ball
1 VS. Seeker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Energy (11)

4 Double Colorless Energy
4 Darkness Special Energy
2 Darkness Energy
1 Psychic Energy

Props:

Mr Gino Lombardi, my boy 4 Life. weeeyouweeyou weeee lol
Jay H you the man, HI wouldnt be what it was without you
Ellen, Sam!
Sammy S for being scum! lol
Aeron curry, glad we got a chance to play and meet
Jason k, Eric c, Steven S for being so chill
Alex Frezza my brother from another mother
Mitchele
my girl Sara for being supportive <3
all of N.E for being so supportive!! you guys are awsome
Dylan L, Patty
Tyler for grinding
Frank for 3rd
Pram for 2nd
Chris Fulop for hanging
Brander/ Abernathys for rooting me on
All the Judges
Big daddy snorlax
Dave Schwimmer
all the people who crashed in my room! lol
And everyone els i forgot let me know

Slops:

double tails!!
wiffs!

Great game man. You were my only loss during swiss. Glad I didnt have to play you later on. It would have been a tough matchup. Good luck next season.

Hmmm... Wonder what the Felicity's was for. But what an amazing tale and list! Congrats on making it so far! Sometimes I really hate Initiative too........ Hahahaha! :p

...Alex and I belong in your slops for tossing away perfectly good ratings invites.

*sniff* so proud of you con *sniff*

Next year its a WIN. Can't wait to get back into the swing of things!
~Jon

DarksoulSP: He ran it to junk drop the sabeleyes ect late game when the cyrus chain ended. Such a nice play in there...

We were waiting for the results on your t16 match in milford and were saddened (i think that's how you spell it) by your loss. Though it was a great run and we just gotta go at it next year. Hopefully I'll meet you at BR's.

---------- Post added 08/25/2010 at 04:57 PM ----------

Congratz man! :thumb:
I just have one question...what dragonite are you talking about?
Dragonite FB, that makes the most sense...

Gratz on 9th place at worlds. Ya watching you smash that Japanese guys head into the table round 1 was one of the highlights of my day :). Sorry you flip heads like 0% of the time, probably see you next year at regionals/nationals and good luck until then.

:dark:BIG DADDY KROW!!!!!!:dark:

Honestly, such a great card. If it wasn't :lightning: weak it would be broken.

Congrats Con! I only picked Sablelock up cause of you and I love it!

Nice going Con! Yea I'm not surprised with Gino haha. It was funny bumping into you guys while taking the $1 shuttle back to the hilton haha. Flipping tails seems to have follow you from nats to worlds but since you're such a great player you don't need to rely on flips anyways. Congrats again!

Congrats on 9th man, if I could have afforded to go out there I would've been running the Bleye right there with you. My felicity's would have been an Interviewer's Questions though and 1 Chatot G. I'm sure I'll get a chance to play you next season. Maybe I'll head up to NH for States to try and break that win streak you got going on.

Congrats on 9th man, if I could have afforded to go out there I would've been running the Bleye right there with you. My felicity's would have been an Interviewer's Questions though and 1 Chatot G. I'm sure I'll get a chance to play you next season. Maybe I'll head up to NH for States to try and break that win streak you got going on.

And an illegal deck...:thumb:

Whats up Con..you probably don't remember me by the name but I'm one of Gino's friends from NE..should have talked him out of playing Sablelock lol...good job on 9th though.

Great game man. You were my only loss during swiss. Glad I didnt have to play you later on. It would have been a tough matchup. Good luck next season.

thanks bro and hope to see you during the season! good luck to you

It's sick how good you are man. Good job this year

apreciate it man :thumb:

Nice job Con. You enjoying your Japanese damage counter thing? ;) Rematch in 2011 dude!

~Jacob Lesage

oh i am. we will rematch when you have something els i want lol jk but yeah anytime. and btw thanks for the dice box, care to win it back? lol congrats on worlds bro and thanks

...Alex and I belong in your slops for tossing away perfectly good ratings invites.

*sniff* so proud of you con *sniff*

Next year its a WIN. Can't wait to get back into the swing of things!
~Jon

DarksoulSP: He ran it to junk drop the sabeleyes ect late game when the cyrus chain ended. Such a nice play in there...

lets get this show on the road for next season!!! :cool:

Whats up Con..you probably don't remember me by the name but I'm one of Gino's friends from NE..should have talked him out of playing Sablelock lol...good job on 9th though.

yeah ik remember who you are! hope to see you more during this season and thanks dude!! :thumb:

Good job, Con! Very good showing for the USA!

USA...USA....USA!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Back