Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Contest Description: PokeGym Puzzlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
Prime has been busy collecting some TCG game scenarios that could make your head hurt. They will get harder as the week goes on. Since we haven't quite figured out how to award prizes for this contest yet, the Day 1 puzzle will be unscored, so consider it a practice test. :wink:

As with the other contest announcement threads, you can ask your questions here.
PokeGym Puzzlers
Blast from the Past
Translated Puzzles from Japan

We've taken some puzzles straight out of Japan, translated them, and are providing the community with the chance to step inside the shoes of a Pokemon trainer to solve creative scenarios.

For each day of the PokeGym 10th Anniversary event, a new puzzle will be posted of increased difficulty. Try to solve the new puzzle each day!

When you think you have the answer. PM Prime the answer with the subject, "PokeGym Puzzlers Day # Answer". Don't send multiple PMs each day, as only the first answer will be accepted.

There may be a prize for a few lucky people who answer every puzzle correctly. (In discussion at the moment).

HERE IS THE PUZZLE LIST

Day 1: Fisherman Walter
Day 2: Collector Dean
Day 3: Rich Boy Jason
Day 4: Youngster Calvin
Day 5: Ace Trainer Blake
Day 6: Gym Leader Misty
Day 7: Elite Four Flint

love a good puzzle - tho I am concerned (and I did mention this with my answer) about the size of the image provided. it was hard to tell what some of the cards are for the less known cards [I have not ran energy switch]. So perhaps a larger image or even a list of what's (no need to hyperlink them, we can look them up ourselves) involved?

Last edited:
I can't really tell exactly when it is by the first post, but I assume there is some sort of deadline to send in your entry for each puzzle?

I really like puzzles like that. However, there seem to be a lot of red herings in the first one. ^^
About the image, you can look into the research tower, that's what I did.

Yes, I was going to agree; A larger image may not even be necessary - I would be content with a text version of the gamestate as well to go alongside.

But I was having trouble telling if the opponents Pokemon was Lucario or Rampardos so I think one or the other should happen >_>

Agreed. Larger images are a plus, but text would also be a bonus. I spent about 15 minutes on Pokepedia trying to find the name of that guy on the bench (as nobody uses him in competitive play EVER), and I can't remember the exact text of a lot of the attacks.

You guys do realize that the japanese puzzles are just as small as the one I made.

I'll see if I can come up with a list of links to readable sized images of each card used in the scenarios.

Where did the first puzzle go?

edit: Here you go guys, a link represenation of the puzzle.

Your Active:
Floatzel w/ 2 Water Energy

Your Bench:
Mismagius w/ 1 Multi Energy
Empoleon w/ 1 Water Energy (120 DMG)

Your Hand:
Rainbow Energy
Warp Point
Energy Switch
Empoleon Lv.X

--------------------------------

Your Opponent's Active:
Lucario w/ 3 Fighting Energy

Your Opponent's Bench:
Carnivine w/ 2 Grass Energy

Last edited:
Prime, the first puzzle is in its own thread below, in the Party Room. This is the Contest Description thread, so I would like you to post each puzzle in its own thread each day. You can focus on just the day's puzzler and perhaps add the text and any other enhancements you come up with. Don't post the next day's puzzzler until after midnight pacific time. You might also want to post the answer at some point for each one, and havng a thread for each day will make that easier.

BDS

Well I'm giving everyone the full week to get the answers into me. This way if someone is doing something today, like what a shocker right, they can still turn in the answer tomorrow and get full credit towards answering all the puzzles correctly. At the end of the event, I will happily post the answers.

I'm going to be reading over all the PMs and I'll let you know if you made a mistake.

I'm only accepting the first answer, though, so if you make a mistake, you're out of the running for any 'possible' prizes.

yeah it is... i keep thinking i have it but then there's some annoying loophole.

The only way I can find is to check the ruling of each card there

ah well im gonna wait on this one and see if it gets changed at all or if anything becomes more obvious later. we have all week anyways.

About Puzzle 2-

One of the following things is going on-

A- The Puzzle is Unsolveable
B- Prime made an error in traslating the puzzle causing it to be Unsolveable
C- Japan Rules Multi Energy Diffrently then how we do abrord. (See timing of attachment of Mutli Energy and 2nd specal energy)

My money is on C

.You are right, I need confirmation from Prime that there is no error here

I think I will agree on C also

About Puzzle 2-

One of the following things is going on-

A- The Puzzle is Unsolveable
B- Prime made an error in traslating the puzzle causing it to be Unsolveable
C- Japan Rules Multi Energy Diffrently then how we do abrord. (See timing of attachment of Mutli Energy and 2nd specal energy)

My money is on C
Exactly. I can think of 2 different ways to land a KO but both of them are made impossible by the wording on Multi energy.

I have 3 different ways to KO, but again the multi/special energy thing is throwing me for a loop.

Any clarification Prime? Is the puzzle in its current state solvable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back