Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Corrupted Games

Fawkes0126

If you start over after having used a cheating device on your game in the past, is your cartridge still considered "corrupt"? Just curious.

On RB, I'd constantly corrupt my information with the Missingno trick, and restart, and the data would be fine. I think it depends on what you did, and whether or not you can even turn the cartridge on...

ive never had any problems using cheat devices on my games, GB or GBA. only time i ever had a save file corrupted is when I was being silly and plugging in random codes to a game genie for my old red and blue, and starting a new game cleaned that right up.

if i remember my game genie/gameshark details correctly, then resetting should fix the problem. i don't know about the newer games, but on the older game boy and game boy color games, the enhancement device would alter a segment of code while the device was on. certain codes could adversely affect the game save if their effects were saved onto that file. however, once you reset the game's memory by clearing the save file, then all that "corrupted" memory should be erased and re-written. at least, it worked that way for me...

~Fawkes~

A long time ago a guy I knew had a Red GB game and used Game Shark on it and it some how changed all the colors of Pokemon to Black on the inside and their color would be in an outline surrounding the Pokemon. My 2 cents.

I just wanted to know if the games (once restarted and seen to be working fine) would be usable in contests and stuff.

Back