Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Corvallis OR and Vancouver WA CCs, form a seniors point of view

MrMonday

Here goes, my first tournament report, not to mention my second.

Deck: Magmortar/Typhlosion
Event: Corvallis, Or CC

Round 1
Magmortar/typlo vs. T-tar/something
Easy first round, I end up wining by turn 5. He got out 1 T-tar, but nothing after.
GG
1-0

Round 2
Magmortar/Typlo vs. Magmortar/Typhlo/Delcatty (Clint)
Who knew, Clint played the same thing as me. We start pretty even, but he plays delcatty, and I play 4 battle frontier, so he had a line of wasted cards, and it hurt him pretty bad. He just didn't have the supporters to keep it going after the second magmortar, and I did.
GG Clint
2-0

Round 3
Magmortar/Typhlo vs. ??
I don't really remember this round, I think I donked him or her, but who knows.
GG someone
3-0

Round 4
Me vs. Turn 2 Kricketune'd
WOOT, the tune! He had no chance. I had my setup T2 and he couldn't find a wager, so I donked him.
GG Mr. Consiairto (he couldn't seem to pronounce concerto, and I forgot his name)
4-0

Yah Top 4, I am doing much better, and Clint got donked by a noob, and is out of finals :eek: . Sorry dude, sucks to be you

Top 4 vs. Eleki with Flygon
Round 1
I wasn't feeling too confident, remembering T2ing flygons so much last year when I played it. But it ended up ok. He got setup fast, but I did too. The 2 for 1 prize exchange hurt him bad, and I 1HKO a flygon with a magmortar on T3. Woot scramble. After that, he couldn't get anything, especially since I shut down his Nidoqueen d with battle frontier.
GG Eleki
1-0

Round 2
I was feeling better, winning pretty easily the first time. But, he was more wary of the scramble this game. He got a castform start, and I let him, while I was furreting everything I needed. I lost my Lv. x early, and couldn't get my night maintenance. We were pretty even, he got rid of the my battle frontiers, and he kept moving flygons to the bench with 50 left, just too little for me to get them with fireball bazooka effectively. By the end, he had 3 damaged flygons benched, and attacked with nidoqueen. But I was able to pull it through, only because of ex prize trade-off.
GG again
2-0

Top 2 vs. Mr. Consiairto with Kriketune.
Round 1
I was donked, I am so ashamed (covers face)
Not very gg
0-1

Round 2
I have to win twice now, and I hope I don't get donked. I didn't, and I was able to sweep through him pretty cleanly, after a he had a pretty bad setup.
gg
1-1

Round 3
This was a much better game, both of getting ok, not great, setups. Weakness was his downfall, but he was really close to getting me after I couldn't get a second magmortar, having to use typlo instead.
Very gg
2-1

I won it, and I hear Clint won't be going tomorrow. I smell two in a row :) I could use some icicles to pop my big-head, but all the snow at my house melted during the day, so too bad.

Props
Me for winning
Eleki for making a flygon good enough to get into finals still.
Mr. Consiairto for getting into top 2 with tune
Chris for winning masters with the same deck, but he built it first, so can't really take any credit.

Slops
Clint for not making finals
Cj for not making finals
Me for getting donked
My dad for taking so long in his finals, and not winning :( still waiting for the family sweep

Gj all, hope to beat :cough: see you tomorrow :)

Deck: Magmortar/Typhlosion
Event: Vancouver, WA CC

Round 1 vs. honchcrow
Pretty easy. Her setup is bad, and I got battle frontier out early enough that she couldn't get an attack off with murkrow. I win by turn 5
gg
1-0

Round 2 vs. Joseph? I think that was him, with gardy/lucario
I think he had a pretty bad setup, so I got ahead pretty fast. I wasn't paying as much attention as I should of, and I didn't notice that I wasn't really ahead. He almost got me at the end with gardy x, but he had a benched zigzagoon that was pretty hurt, and that saved me.
gg Joseph
2-0

Round 3 vs. Lucas or Louie, sorry dude, I don't remember names very well, with Nidogatr
I was donked :( he candied to gatr T2 It sucked
2-1

Round 4 vs. a junior with magmortar/typhlo
He had an ok Pokemon line, but it was obvious he didn't have the trainers he needed in his deck, so he had a hard time sitting up. I won pretty easy
3-1

Round 5 vs. CJ with magmortar
This was the unofficial top 2. Since there were only 5 seniors, there was no official top cut. This was a very good game. I had an opportunity to knock out his typhlosion, and I definitely should have done it, but its too late now. It came down to my top decks, and they didn't come. Lucky for me, CJ decided to scoop, guess he just got tired.
gg CJ
4-1

Props:
Me for medal #2
Cj for coming in second and pulling Honchcrow X

Slops
My dad, for not making top cut
Most of the Oregon seniors, for not showing up
Cj for scooping

GJ all

Nice keegan, you did good.... and you need to get a new cell phone every time I call you, you drop the call.
: /

WOOT for almost being # 1 in ORYGUN

Back