Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crawporeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrkrZen

I've only started playing recently.. so I'm still getting used to the new cards. Anyway, I know about Crawstoise, but somehow, that just didn't work for me, so, here's..

Crawporeon

Pokemon:

4 Jirachi DX
4 Corphish HP (#62)
4 Crawdaunt ex
4 Eevee UF
4 Vaporeon UF

Trainer:

2 Dual Ball
2 Battle Frontier
2 Island Cave
4 Mary's Request
2 Pokemon Reversal
2 Prof. Oak's Research
2 PETM
2 Rocket's Admin.
2 Scott
2 Switch
2 Swoop! Teleporter

Energy:

12 Water Energy
4 Boost Energy

20 Pokemon/24 Trainer/16 Energy

Well, I've tweaked this deck slightly.. so far it's done pretty well in casual play at 10-0 (10-1 if I count the loss prior to modifying it).

The basic strategy is to beef up Corphish. If I start out with Eevee, Vaporeon will do it with 2 energy per turn, if I start out with Jirachi, it'll help me get Crawdaunt or whatever I need early and if I start out with only Corphish, well.. that hasn't happened, yet, lol.

I can usually get away with sacrificing a Jirachi or two, and by that time.. I have a Crawdaunt (or two) ready to do 80+ damage with 1-3 Boosts on hand.

I've boost'd my way to pretty good wins with this deck.. but I was wondering what might be for the best to switch out for rotated cards? Also, I went with less trainers and more Supporters.. I realized that's where I was losing out. Instead of not getting the trainers I need, I went with getting the supporters I can get with Scott.

Other strategies I had was Crawdaunt, pokepower to swoop away the bench, then a Giant Stump to keep the bench low. I don't particularly need a big bench, and if my opponent has a small bench, I'll just lower his numbers turn by turn with Crawdaunt for an easy victory. Also, swooping and Rocket's Admin. is great. Swoop away a heavy hitter that's ready to go, or one that has a lot of energy on it, then shuffle into the deck. Instead, I had Battle Frontier over Giant Stump, though, due to Pidgeot, Altaria DX and a few others..

Anyway, lemme know what you think.. this was probably already thought of.. but still, constructive criticisms are welcome.

Thanks!

i like the idea :D i think it would work nicely. onlything i dont like is your trainer lines, try 4 oaks research and 3 PETM instead of switch use Warp Point and u might wanna try Fluff Berry to have 0 retreat cost. add 1 mroe dual ball. and Scamble would be a good idea to add for Vaporeon :) jsut some Ideas :D

Thought about puttin in some Vaporeon EX in their for some disruption. You just use Crawdaunt EX's power and put a pokemon in their hand(if they have 4 or more on the bench) then you would play down Vaporeon EX on their and it shuffles back in the deck, It could be used for early game play then u can use Admin for later in the game, Which most people do for disruption. What do u think?

-2 Switch
+2 Swoop

nice idea, i like this deck but im too lazy to try it out for myself, lol

Hmm, thanks for the suggestions, guys.. I thought about Vapor ex, but then if someone whips out a Pokemon with a Pokepower that blocks all attacks from exes, I'm pretty much screwed. Y'know?

I won't knock it just yet, though, Vegeta. Thanks for the suggestion. =)

Also, Warp Points might be the way to go.. because I was thinking about putting in Warp/Cyclone Energy, but what would happen if I wanted to lay down Energy plus Gust out/Switch out? I'd be at a loss. So, Warp might be a one upper than Switch..

And, I forgot about Scramble Energy.. one time, I had 4 Boosts in my hand, and only my Vapor UF out.. the guy had a Blissey ex, so I was forced to use Vaporeon's second attack 4 times in a row. I got lucky and downed the Blissey for the win, but it could have gone quicker with Scramble Energy. I just don't like the idea of having to use them only when I have more prizes.. have you had good experience with them?

Scoops, bleh.. I never have luck with them, lol. But, like I said.. I'll try 'em out once.

Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions.. I'll definitely take them into account! =)

run both Vapareon EX and UF vaporeon, run super scoop up as well, like 3-4. Run 2 vaporeon EX and 3 vaporeon UF. Also have u thought about running in Giant stump. Since ur goal is to have ur opponent have a maximum of 3 benched pokemon. It will help with some major disruption.

Whoops, I thought I mentioned that.. I was running Giant Stump before swapping out for 2 Battle Frontier to disrupt Pidgeot/Altaria DX and a few others.

BF also helped against Queendom today.. I went up against it and lost, I had 2 prizes.. they got them all. I was close, but if I did that good against a championship deck.. my deck has to be at least kind of okay, lol.

Oh my goodness! lol i thought they WERE Vaporeon ex! :eek:

No, this wont work. I was thinking that you were using Vaporeon to be disruptive with Crawdad ex. lol Vaporeon UF has no great advantage with Craudad. Use Vaporeon ex, or Mightyena dx/ex and Unknown E.

it seems like everyone is loving the deck i gave ya haha.

~Corey

Dont forget that i helped you out with this deck insanely/completely and gave you the courage to test out on me haha.

Last edited:
lol Uh, well.. for one, you didn't help out, you said it wouldn't work. =P

And, two.. I've never played with it against you, lol.

You only really insanely/completely helped me out with that Vaporcuno deck.. which was still awesome.

Anyway, I'll look into Vaporeon ex.. again, I was trying to stay away from a lot of exes, what with 4 of Crawdaunt in there.

And yes u did play it against me with that 2V2 match.

Well.....Gimp, Zen and Miami are like best friends and are a member of team UN-NAMED!!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

thegimpsta said:
I know first hand that this deck is good, you just have to be careful of Desert Ruins and Cursed Stone.

I agree with Gimp

play 1 more stadium (5 Stadiums and 2 Scotts) and you should be good

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Just in case u put out a stadium first. 4 Stones and u have 4 so cancel out your stadium each time. I know its unlikely but play it safe.

Last edited:
I, too, think that additional Swoop! Teleporters would be good to increase the chance of pulling one. Another option you should test out is reducing the number of Jirachi, since you really want to get your other basics out quickly, anyway. If you do try Jirachi reduction, you could throw in some more PETMs. Lanette's Net would be an improvement on Dual Ball (or you can go the whole Holon Engine route). I prefer Copycat to Oak's.

Thanks, Gimp and Miami, that's a good idea.. thanks for that, too.

I don't know what to play, though, for the 5th Stadium card.. maybe that Giant Stump? Mainly because that's situational, anyway.

And, I forgot about that 2v2 match. I've got to play you 1v1 with it, though, Miami.

Also, Toby, thanks for that idea, too. Jirachi would also be sort of good to tone down.. I find myself start off with him tooooo much, and that could be bad.

Not to mention, this deck absolutely SUCKS against Queendom. Gimp played me with it the other day and I only got 2 prizes, lol.

DrkrZen said:
Also, Toby, thanks for that idea, too. Jirachi would also be sort of good to tone down.. I find myself start off with him tooooo much, and that could be bad.

You could save a lot of slots by doing away with Jirachi and Swoop. Slots that could be used for PETM, teching, etc... Plus Swoop will be gone soon...

It is interesting that running 4 Jirachi and 8 other basics, you only have the opportunity to get Jirachi as your starting active less than half the time (i.e., 49.4%). That means those 6 slots are essentially a waste in half your games.

Last edited:
Wow, nice point.. though it seems if I run somewhere around 10 basics, I never get one to start more than half the time.

Although, there has been quite a few times that Jirachi has helped me.. a lot, but that was just with the Pokepower. I thought about adding in some DREs so that he could fight a bit and some Heal Energy to keep him awake.

But, I always know what I want to add.. the problem is, I don't know what to take out, haha.

DrkrZen said:
Wow, nice point.. though it seems if I run somewhere around 10 basics, I never get one to start more than half the time.

Although, there has been quite a few times that Jirachi has helped me.. a lot, but that was just with the Pokepower. I thought about adding in some DREs so that he could fight a bit and some Heal Energy to keep him awake.

But, I always know what I want to add.. the problem is, I don't know what to take out, haha.

Here it may be throwing good cards after bad ones (to add DRE...). Just chuck the Jirachi and Swoops and you'll have 6 slots (plus whatever other wastage is avoided).

BTW, the number for 4 Jirachi and 6 other basics is 53.9%, so your internal statistics are pretty good.

DRE's wouldn't work anyway on Jirachi unfortuately, sice Jirachi isn't evolved, but the multi energy and heal energy might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back