Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crazy idea, right?

Barkjon

Alright, I think a lot of you guys know I like disruption decks.

I've been tooling around with Cinno/Pom/Weavile, but the fighting weakness is a huge downside, making Donphan pretty much an autoloss.

Recently I've been heavily considering playing Donmega. It's been obvious to me that it is a major contender out there. The main issue, however, is that it costs a lot. So, me, in all my insanity, is attempting to make a less costly, more disruptive version of it. Heavy Donphan, 2-2 Zoroark, light Yanmega, 3-3 Weavile... what you guys think?

Here's a tentative list.

POKEMON: (22)

4-4 Donphan Prime
1-1 Yanmega Prime (wish I could play more, but don't have the money)
2-2 Zoroark
3-3 Weavile UD
1-1 Cinccino

T/S/S (25):
4 PONT
3 Juniper
3 Judge
3 Collector
4 Comm
2 Dual Balls
2 Switch
4 Seeker

ENERGY:
3 DCE
2 Rainbow Energy
6 Fighting
2 Rescue

So, what do you guys think? Basically... Donphan is the primary attacker. Lays out quick and a lot of damage. Yanmega is a secondary attacker and sniper. Cinno is mainly for heavy hitting if need, and is also a secondary attacker.

Zoroark is a tech to certain Pokemon (can OHKO RDL). Weavile is used for it's Power to disrupt your opponent and get rid of their important cards.

You mainly want to set up Donphan active ASAP, and get a Yanmega/Cinno and a Zoroark on the bench. You can work on getting 3 fighting on Donphan and then bust out the disruption.

Haven't playtested it much, but so far it seems (in theory) like it can dish out good damage while still screwing up your opponent.

Anyways, let me know how it is. I'd like to buy the cards needed right now before they get too expensive.

I'm also wondering how good you guys think it will be throughout the rest of the season.

^
I haven't tested it yet. I have all of it except the Rainbows and the Primes, so it will cost quite a bit. Will proxy the cards I need tho.

It looks pretty good to me, there are some things I might change on the list, but it looks like a solid concept in theory. I've tested Donphan/Yanmega/Weavile and worked OK, but I didn't use Cinccino. Good luck with this!

It looks pretty good to me, there are some things I might change on the list, but it looks like a solid concept in theory. I've tested Donphan/Yanmega/Weavile and worked OK, but I didn't use Cinccino. Good luck with this!

Sweet. I just want Cinno in their as an optional attacker.

I like the idea but I don't like the self damage. I think it would be interesting to make this Donphan and Dragons with Disruption, DDD. Maybe by doing
- 2-2 zoroark
- 1-1 cinno
- 1-1 Yanmega
- 1 collector
- 2 Rescue
-1 Juniper

+ 3 Zekrom
+ 1 Reshiram
+ 1 Dual Ball
+ 2 DCE
+ 2 Rainbow
+3 Catcher

I know that's a big change but I definitely think it'd be interesting. Let me know if you try it.

Donphan is definitely a contender out there,but i've been fooling around with some decks and found a excellent deck that just can't lose in late games no matter what the heck you do to it, I thank Ross for giving me that idea :p

Thanks for contributing^. Anyway i tested the deck, and a double weavile is so delicious. I would take out the 1-1 cincinno for another 1-1 weavile.

Back