Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Crobat d?

A.Threatz

Crobat d... Is there truly an effective way to play him? I think it'd be a great card if you can pull of an effective swarm!! Anyone have any ideas?

Holon Gl (anti flariados) and cessation Crystal and some back up like Raichu D. i played the deck but really it didt work out that good, here are the problems:

1. RESISTANCE, grass resistance is common.
2. LOW DAMAGE come on only 30.
3. Special Conditions thats why you shoul play holon gl.

Eeveelutions. Jolt+bat=70 snipe to anyone in 1 turn. Vaper+bat=mewtric+admin. Flar+bat ex=flaridos. Espy+bat=Rock-Lock-like. Umbry+bat=...well, not really a good combo, but can drag out a heavy retreater and start sniping.

Dante63s said:
Holon Gl (anti flariados) and cessation Crystal and some back up like Raichu D. i played the deck but really it didt work out that good, here are the problems:

1. RESISTANCE, grass resistance is common.
2. LOW DAMAGE come on only 30.
3. Special Conditions thats why you shoul play holon gl.

yea, thats why it isnt very good.

and i'll ad somemore problems :
- 90 HP only! easy KO
- metal resistance pokemon
- max damage = 60 damage

(TYranitarFReak) said:
yea, thats why it isnt very good.

and i'll ad somemore problems :
- 90 HP only! easy KO
- metal resistance pokemon
- max damage = 60 damage

Grass resistance pokemon, no??? not - metal resistance pokemon

I have crobat d in a venusaur deck and i've been finding him rather useless myself..while i like his abilities (tried to use him to deny trainers after something was hit with toxic sleep) in theory he just doesn't do enough to prove helpful..i usually either stick with venusaur up front and ignore him pretty much..Crobat ex would probably work better than d most of the time i think

It does have a lot of negatives however it has a couple of huge advanatages... There is no other pokemon with the disconnect abilty that can abuse cessation crystal. So Cessation Crystal, Cursed Stone, followed up with a Radar Jam... Thats brutal but it will only completely shatter certain deccs. Thats why I need a a baccup supporting pokemon. Something that really fast and can stand alone....

4/2/4 Crobat d
2 Rayquqaza d
2 Mew ex
3 Mawlie
1 Holon's Castform
1 Holon voltorb

-or-

4/2/3/2 Crobat d/ex
4/2/2/1 Espeon/Flareon/Jolteon ex

-or-

4/2/4 Crobat d
4/3/2 Raichu ex/Raichu d
1 Holon's Castform
1 Holon's Magnemite
2 Mawlie

Any opinions on those pokemon setups?

I actually went with a different approach.

4-3-4 Crobat DS
2-1-2 Exploud ex
1 Roselia LM

The deck, as it is, is owned by Flariados (HAHA n00b, my Crobat has a GL attached! Oh, you're using Spider Trap? -_-) but it absolutely owns Mew ex LM (Crobat w/Cessie > Mew, Exploud ex + Boost > Mew).

I also tried the Crobeeveeloutions idea, but Crobat can't abuse Cursed Stone/Cessation Crystal as easily with them in there. He can abuse such wonders as Holon Shrine (whichever Gym cancels Delta Powers; I'm not sure if this is the exact name), though.

as flariados became more and more popular, i find myself starting to love H energy GL:biggrin:

Phazon Elite, ur idea isnt bad, but i think they can always ER2 away GL or spider trap other pokemon

Kenshin's Garde said:
u guys don't see the obvious combo? =/

No I guess not... I posted the three ideas i came up with on my own. Thats why I started this thread, to get some new ideas. Care to help me out a little bit?

I ran it with cacturne d for awhile, along with pelipper d. I'd put cessation on crobat, retreat, send up cacturne, use power, pelipper it back, put back up crobat, and radar jam/snipe. If you don't want to play cessation crystal, you can play crobat ex, too - 2 pelipper in play will allow you to pull back crobat d, send up crobat ex, place a counter, retreat, bring up cacturne, place a counter, pull back, and snipe anything for 80.

But then I realized that mewtric does the same darn thing much quicker and cheaper, so I put crobat d back in my binder.

Crobat D + Crystal Shard, for the resistance. But then you couldn't lock in the crystal shard. I hate to say it since I don' consider deck likes these true decks but here goes nothing:

Crobat D + Stantler
To get past the resisntace you could play holon FF + fighting. Stantler is colorless as is Crobat D's first atttack. And you can lock in both Cessation Crytal + Cursed Stone/Holon Legacy (takes away it's bad weakness) or whatever stadium is best FTW. Tech in some switches or warp points for flariados and your good to go.

The whole Delta Species thing is messed up. All other Delta Species pokemon changed types except Crobat D and a few others like Marowak, and Beedrill. At the same time, none of those have pre evos that are Delta, wow I just noticed that. How can that be? New mystery in the PTCG. Is it cause they were too far away from what ever changed the other pokemon?

Here is a list:
Pokemon: 15
4-3-4 Crobat D
4 Stantler

Trainer: 31
2 H. mentor
1 H. Scientist
2 Adventurer
2 Celio
2 Scott
3 Castaway
4 Cessation Crystal
2 Holon Legacy
2 Battle Frontier
2 Crystal Beach
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
4 ER2

NRG: 14
3 Holon FF
4 Fighting
4 Metal
3 Grass

Something like that. I didn't think it out too well.

Last edited:
Back