[4]PokeTurn
[3]SP Radar
[2]VS Seeker

[11]
[5]Fire
[2]Lightning
[4]Call

[1]
The usual Luxape strategy. Kill stuff with Infernape / Lv.X, bring up stuff with Luxray GL Lv.X and kill more stuff.

Do NOT suggest Ninetales anymore. Turns out I can beat Flygon, and Mewtwo Lv.X isn't a problem.

Last edited:
Not a bad list at all. I would probably drop the Lucian's as neither Luxray or Infernape really have to have a lot of energies and its not really useful for that turn. In its place I would probably through in another Luxray GL (non-x), but you could also do a Roseanne's, Premier Ball, or Palmer's/Night Maintenance

Try this:
- 1 Power Spray
- 1 Rayquaza
- 2 Stark Mountain

+ 1 Roseanne's Research
+ 1 Bebe's Search
+ 1 Premier Ball
+ 1 SP Radar

This should increase the consistency of your deck. I personally don't like Rayquaza because

A. He's flippy
B. He's a bad starter
C. He could be sniped or be put in a Trapinch Lock

I won't drop the Lucian's yet because it is still under testing. I believe it would be more useful than you think - it's searchable, and if Rayquaza has even two energies on it, it's a bonus.

Rayquaza is the only way to get energies back from the discard. (other than Night Maintenance and Aaron's, which I hate using only for energy)

To recover Lightning Energy, wouldn't Conductive Quarry or Energy Pickup be useful? Yes they are flippy but the Conductive Quarry can be useful as a counter Stadium for decks such as Kingdra and Machamp.

Why no Ninetails? This deck auto-loses to Mewtwo without him. He's also great for taking out those pesky Flygons

-1 Crobat
-1 Power Spray

+1 Vulpix (SH6)
+1 Ninetails (MT)

...Rayquaza does all of that.

I've had Ninetales in this deck since I've built it. Not once have I actually used it against anything; even at Worlds - it's always been a dead card each time I drew either Vulpix or Ninetales. I'd much rather replace them with more useful cards.

Yeah, so when they Poke' Turn their basics and don't play anymore down, you just auto-lose.

If you wanna play stuff safe and win, enjoy it.
If you wanna play flippy combos that lose and don't play all your counters, it's on you when someone's like, "I'ma play gud pogeymanz nao" and pwns face with more streamlined decks.

Think about it.

So you're saying Mewtwo Lv.X is only played in SP decks? What SP decks use psychic energies? Toxitank? NOBODY in my area plays that. If anyone did, they're not going to have all their PokeTurns in their hand at once and pick up all their Pokemon just so they have Mewtwo Lv.X out. They would probably think I could have Ninetales. People aren't that reckless or stupid. I don't have to get heads on Rayquaza every single turn, so it's not a big deal if it is flippy.

yeah. I thought about it

Enough about Mewtwo. I'm not going to say it again

So you're saying Mewtwo Lv.X is only played in SP decks? What SP decks use psychic energies? Toxitank? NOBODY in my area plays that. If anyone did, they're not going to have all their PokeTurns in their hand at once and pick up all their Pokemon just so they have Mewtwo Lv.X out. They would probably think I could have Ninetales. People aren't that reckless or stupid. I don't have to get heads on Rayquaza every single turn, so it's not a big deal if it is flippy.

yeah. I thought about it

Enough about Mewtwo. I'm not going to say it again

Good Luck:biggrin: --even though you said enough. Let me give you a true scenario. People WILL know what you are playing and tech for it if you are the big dog in the area. Round 1, you might be safe, but in later rounds you could have problems.

I play you. Start with a random basic. Turn 1..roseanne for a Mewtwo and an energy. Turn 2. Bebe for LVL X. retreat starter, Level up...Good game Crono...I'll give up a prize or 2 to set up my Mewtwo.

Jayson H had no answer for Mewtwo in his Palkia Lock deck in top 16 of World's...he didn't think he'd need one too.

Silly to lose because you are unprepared for the unexpected.

Last edited:
Considering the only good decks that play it are SP Toolbox and Flygon (who prob beats you anyways), yeah.

Test out Dialga G Lv. X. Stops Mewtwo, but it stops plenty more than that and has more utility than Ninetales.

Test out Dialga G Lv. X. Stops Mewtwo, but it stops plenty more than that and has more utility than Ninetales.

I'd argue the other way; Ninetales is good against Flygon, Machamp, Gyarados if they pack Luxray (one of the French did so, I expect this trend to continue), Bees in a last-ditch situation (OHKO, discard one with Lucario, but expect the counter-KO, can OHKO Nidoqueen, etc.

In other words, a ton of the format that tends to be rough matchups for you falls more susceptible to Ninetales OHKOs. That's not even considering it being a solid Mewtwo counter.

However, having used both, Vulpix PT102 > Vulpix SH6.

Yeah, I haven't rly tested Reheat. But the Shiny just covers it's own rear end when you start with it by playing fetch for energies.

There's not much to chose between the Vulpix (Vulpixes? Vulpixi?).

I tend to go for the extra 10 HP and Energy fetch of the shiny one, but hopefully it won't ever matter much.

I would try to add more unown g as well... because a single machamp will bring the pain...lol a warp point here a warp point there and they've taken 5 prizes...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back