Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Curious question that could arise at Stadiums?

mewsmom

We were just thinking, since former Travel Award/Invite winners and Nationals Invites are allowed to participate in the Stadiums what happens IF?? We know that when a previous winner with a Travel Award and Invite wins again it rolls down to next place, BUT what happens if only a Invite from Nationals wins a Travel Award/Invite position at a Stadium??

Would they be able to receive the Travel/Award part of their win?? I know it's complicated because then there is the Invite part of the Win that would be floating around. I wasn't at Nationals and don't know if there were already stipulations laid out and explained to the Invite Winners.

Since the question doesn't really pertain to us or our situation I didn't officially direct my question to Pokemon but may just because it possibly could happen. So I'll post with their response once I receive one.

Whatcha all think?? I think the TO's need to know what to do and how to place the Awards if the situation does arise.

Now we know why WOTC didn't allow previous winners to play in future trip/invite quailifiers.

Last edited:
The trip is taken by the person with an invite already and the extra invite bumps down to a lower ranked participant.
-Phil

GymLeaderPhil said:
The trip is taken by the person with an invite already and the extra invite bumps down to a lower ranked participant.
-Phil

So the Nationals invite will roll down to the next player from Nationals and the former Invite winner from Nationals can receive the Travel Award / Invite from the Stadium.

You get that officially from PUI?

That's really kewl if so. But how will the new player getting the Invite from Nationals even know they have one now?

It would be really nice for PUI to put out a Master List of all Invites once all said and done after July 20th!!

Last edited:
GymLeaderPhil said:

I know about those list's. but it was said in our paperwork and by someone from PUI that the Invites from the July 20th database deadline would be posted at the Worlds event and if not claimed by the deadline that Friday night they would be then awarded to the Grinder event. They never said they would post the results from the top 16 in the database online with the Qualifiers results. So I guess we are to do the back and forth of comparring whose in top 16 on July 20th and the Posted Winners list.

but what about my 1st question, anything from PUI on how to award my question situation?

Last edited:
mewsmom said:
I know about those list's. but it was said in our paperwork and by someone from PUI that the Invites from the July 20th database deadline would be posted at the Worlds event and if not claimed by the deadline that Friday night they would be then awarded to the Grinder event. They never said they would post the results from the top 16 in the database online with the Qualifiers results. So I guess we are to do the back and forth of comparring whose in top 16 on July 20th and the Posted Winners list.

but what about my 1st question, anything from PUI on how to award my question situation?

I'm guessing that the entire ranking database will be archived on July 20th and any future sanctioned events will go towards the new rankings. Don't forget, rankings are being refreshed for the next tournament season... it would only make sense for the current rankings to be locked down on the 20th.

You should email POP about this...
-Phil

Well, I think the only person from the area this would even apply to is Robert Riner.

I have no idea, since I'm no TO or prof, but IMO, the invite could and should trickle down to 5th place.

I would think that a Invitation would go to the next player in line at the "Stadium Challenge". Not the next player from Nationals. I will ask Professor Dav, tonight.

MP Birch

In regards to invites/travel awards, it's fairly simple but complicated. ;)

We will not take an invite that you've already won (unless your suspended or something else along those lines).

If you won an invite at Nationals and you win an invite/travel award at a Stadium, you keep the invite that you've already won from Nationals and the travel award that you won from the Stadium. The Stadium invite then rolls down to the next highest ranked player at the Stadium. If that player already has an invite, it continues to roll down until it reaches a player at the Stadium without an invite.

If you won an invite/travel award at Nationals and you win and invite/travel award at a Stadium, you keep the invite/travel award that you won at Nationals. The Stadium invite/travel award then rolls down to the next highest ranked player at the Stadium. If that player already has an invite, but not a travel award, that player keeps the invite that they already earned and the travel award from the Stadium. The invite from the Stadium then continues to roll down until it reaches a player at the Stadium without an invite.

Make sense?

On the 20th, if the one or more of the top 16 players have already earned invites from other events (Nationals, Stadiums, etc.) the ranking-based invites will continue to roll down until they reach players without an invite. So, if there are five ranking-based invites being rolled down, the players ranked 17th to 21st will each receive an invite. If the player ranked 18th already has an invite from playing in an event, the player ranked 22nd will earn the invite. And so on...

Still with me?

At the last chance qualifier, we are giving invites to at least the top 8 players of each age group. If five 15+ players that have earned invites from previous events or rankings don't show up for Worlds on Saturday, the 9th-13th place players that played in the 15+ last chance qualifier will earn invites to play in Worlds that morning.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Holy Smokes Michael!!! :eek:

Did you used to work for the IRS explaining the tax code?

Nice job clarifying a complicated topic. :clap:

BDS

Back