Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dallas Gym Challenge: 6/18/05

:clap: :clap: ***Dallas~Gym Challenge*** :clap: :clap:

Dallas, you will be the next stop for Pokemon players to qualifity for "WORLDS '05". Location, date, and time are listed below. Master Professor Birch will update with all of the details later this week. Tune in for all of the information. :thumb:

"JJK Cards"
(Southeast corner of Richardson Square Mall)
501 S. Plano Road, Suite-667
Richardson, Texas 75081
June 18, 2005 (10:00am)

Contact Info: MP Birch/Richard Collinsworth
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Pokemon sure is heating up down south in Texas and Oklahoma!!! :eek:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Master Professor Birch said:
:clap: :clap: ***Dallas~Gym Challenge*** :clap: :clap:

Dallas, you will be the next stop for Pokemon players to qualifity for "WORLDS '05". Location, date, and time are listed below. Master Professor Birch will update with all of the details later this week. Tune in for all of the information. :thumb:

"JJK Cards"
(Southeast corner of Richardson Square Mall)
Richardson, Texas 75081
June 18, 2005 (10:00am)

Contact Info: MP Birch/Richard Collinsworth

Pokemon sure is heating up down south in Texas and Oklahoma!!! :eek:

oooooooooh this will be fun
ill prob be there

Dallas Gym Challenge~Details

:clap: :clap: ~~Details for "Dallas~Gym Challenge"~~ :clap: :clap:

The "ex Emerald" Pre-releases are over with and done. You have collected these cards and playtested them in your decks. At the "Regionals", we will give away two "Invitations & Travel Awards" to "Worlds '05". Now for those players that could not attend these "Regionals", here come the "Gym Challenges"!!! Couldn't make it to Arlington, Texas for the "Southern Plains Regional Championships". You were not one of the lucky ones that finished first or second in your age group, well here comes Master Professor Birch to your town!!! :cool:

Hello Dallas, you are the second stop on MP Birch's tour to "WORLDS '05". At "JJK Cards" in Richardson, Texas we are stopping off for the "Dallas~Gym Challenge"!!! Below are the details for this event that you do not want to miss!!! It gets serious from now until "Worlds '05".
:eek:

Richardson, Texas 75081
(Southeast Corner of "Richardson Square Mall")

Entry Fee: FREE

Date:
June 18, 2005
Time: 10:00am (Registration)

GBA Tournament: 10:45am (Start Time)

Gym Challenge Start Time: 11:30am

MP Birch/Richard Collinsworth
PokeGym "PM": Master Professor Birch

Gym Challenge Format: Modified Constructed Deck
Players bring their own 60-card deck that is modified format as outlined in the Pokemon Tournament rules. The tournament is run using the "Age Modified Swiss" pairings. The number of Swiss rounds will depend on the total attendance at this event.

After Swiss rounds are complete, there will be a cut to single-elimination finals. the number of players to qualify for the finals will be dependent upon the total attendance in each age bracket.

(Go to www.op.pokemon-tcg.com to the "Gym Challenges" to see more in-detailed discriptions of "Modified Format" and "Age Modified Swiss".)

Prizes:
**Everyone who plays will receive a "Gym Challenge" promo card, Pin, and two POP packs while supplies last!!!

Prizes are awarded to the Top-8 players in each age group. The age groups are "10-under", 11-14", and "15-Over".

The Top-8 finishers in each age group will receive the following prizes:

1st Place
*An invitation to the Pokemon World Championships in 2005
*A "Travel Award" for the winner (and parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to the "2005 World Championships"
*36-booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

2nd Place
*18-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

3rd & 4th Place

*9-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

5th-8th Place

*4-Booster Packs of the most current Pokemon-TCG expansion

Side Events:

"GBA Tournament Rules"

"GBA" Start Time: 10:45am

*Entry Fee: FREE

*Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, Leaf-Green, & ex Emerald

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by the attendance of this tournament
(Top player in each age group will receive a prize.)

"Booster Draft Tournament"

Start Time: ASAP after the cut to the Finals

Entry Fee: $15.00

Format: Modified Constructed Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age-Modified Swiss-30 Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Two Booster Packs will be put into the Prize Pool for each player in this tournament. Players will vote if all Booster Packs go into the "Top-8" Prize Pool or if each player will receive one Booster Pack at the end of this tournament and the remaining packs go into the "Top-8".

Each player will receive six Booster Packs and will go by the "Booster Draft" rules of PUI. Each pack is open and passed after a card is drafted for eack Booster Pack. Players then make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic Energy will be provided. We will play ???-rounds of Age-Modified Swiss depending on the attendance of this event. We will take the "Top-8" and do the "Single Elimination" for our winner.

If I have left anything out, please post on this thread or contact MP Birch. Good luck to all of the players that will be attending the "Dallas~Gym Challenge". :thumb: :thumb:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

I'm willing to help judge at this one, too. Unlike Oklahoma or South Texas, I am 99% sure that I can come and help any of the age groups. However, if you are fine on judge #'s, I will play in this, since it is my home league =D

Judge Johnny returns for the Gym Challenge series ;)

Last edited:
Judges, where are you??? Yes, I need judges. If interested, please email or "PM".

MP Birch

your message box is full

but if i do good at OK, i will judge here for you

lmk ^_^

<>< rokman

Let's go people. It's time to get the Dallas area pumped up for Gym. WARNING WARNING WARNING. Team Cook will invade Dallas with a few players from The Woodlands.

Maybe we can get MPB to do some more baking. Team Cook loves cookies.

Last edited:
******peeks out from grassy knoll****** I think I am going to play this one******scampers back into grassy knoll******

Last edited:
MrMeches said:
******peeks out from grassy knoll****** I think I am going to play this one******scampers back into grassy knoll******

Hey Birch....If I get a trip from the Memphis Regs I will judge for you......

LoL Danny....dont worry you wont get shot......

Last edited:
I would love to go to this for my B-Day (JUne 21st) Hey its 3 days before my birthday! I will try to convince my mom to let me go. OK guys I'm hoping y'all have some good players in 11-14 because I don't want to win the trip TOO EASILY. So yall better get the 11-14's pumped up and ready for a challenge JUST IN CASE I decide to show.

:clap: :clap: ~~Details for "Dallas~Gym Challenge"~~ :clap: :clap:

The "ex Emerald" Pre-releases are over with and done. You have collected these cards and playtested them in your decks. At the "Regionals", we will give away two "Invitations & Travel Awards" to "Worlds '05". Now for those players that could not attend these "Regionals", here come the "Gym Challenges"!!! Couldn't make it to Arlington, Texas for the "Southern Plains Regional Championships". You were not one of the lucky ones that finished first or second in your age group, well here comes Master Professor Birch to your town!!! :cool:

Hello Dallas, you are the second stop on MP Birch's tour to "WORLDS '05". At "JJK Cards" in Richardson, Texas we are stopping off for the "Dallas~Gym Challenge"!!! Below are the details for this event that you do not want to miss!!! It gets serious from now until "Worlds '05".
:eek:

[/FONT][/SIZE]

Yea Gym challenge!!! We'll im going cuz of the second option :tongue: Anyways look forward to to meeting my fellow poke playas here this time. GL To everyone who's coming out there and this playa hopefully will be shining here. :cool:

Professor Elm said:
I would love to go to this for my B-Day (JUne 21st) Hey its 3 days before my birthday! I will try to convince my mom to let me go. OK guys I'm hoping y'all have some good players in 11-14 because I don't want to win the trip TOO EASILY. So yall better get the 11-14's pumped up and ready for a challenge JUST IN CASE I decide to show.

I would like to be allowed to play in 11-14 just because of this comment =D.

That would be awesome if you could play in 11-14 Whicker because I don't think I've met you much less played you in a tournament yet.
And y'all know that I'm just messin with y'all. I know that there are awesome players around Texas in 11-14. (And I doubt y'all would consider me one) And personally I doubt that I will win any trip easily. (Although i wish it was easy to get a trip!)
Anyways as of now I have a 50/50 chance of being here because my mom said she will think about it.

Professor Elm said:
That would be awesome if you could play in 11-14 Whicker because I don't think I've met you much less played you in a tournament yet.
And y'all know that I'm just messin with y'all. I know that there are awesome players around Texas in 11-14. (And I doubt y'all would consider me one) And personally I doubt that I will win any trip easily. (Although i wish it was easy to get a trip!)
Anyways as of now I have a 50/50 chance of being here because my mom said she will think about it.

Hmm... Well, I've just come back from Tennesse and I got 2nd, so I have my trip...

I'll probably be fooling around with some jacked up deck :biggrin: Or I could be at my best game... You never know.

Anyways, some people could count me out of the competition for now (if you consider me one... If you do, you are such a fool =P)

Second Stop

***Second Stop...On The Road To Worlds '05***

This is the second stop on "The Road to WORLDS '05" tour for MP Birch. Did I hear Team Cook Dad says more "Rare Candy Cookies". Well, Mrs. Birch will be baking those "Rare Candy Cookies" for this event. And this time they are FREE!!! So Team Cookie Dad, save some for the other Pokemon players!!! :nonono:

We will have drawing for door prizes at this event!!! "JJK Cards" and MP Birch will be hosting this event and you surely do not want to miss out on it!!! Oh yes, there is the little thing called "Invitation & Travel Award" to "WORLDS '05" that we are giving out to the winners of each age group. :eek:

So, we have FREE "Rare Candy Cookies", Door Prizes, and "Invitation & Travel Award" to WORLDS '05. What else can you want??? How about the first ever "ex Emerald" Booster Draft after the swiss rounds!!! You didn't make the cut, enter the Booster Draft Tournament for $15.00. :cool:

Who knows if we have 100-players, MP Birch may sing!!! Wow it must be too early in the morning!!! Oh one more thing, our judges will be Johnny K, Ryan S, Gilbert V, MP Birch, and yes the loooong awaited return of Sam C. (And whoever wins at the "OK Gym Challenge".) :thumb: :thumb:

I need to get off of PokeGym before I go crazy and promise something else!!! :redface:
:pokeball: MP Birch :pokeball:

Patriarch is still very undecided as to whether he should stay and defend North Texas as a player, or ensure its stability as a judge :eek:

Tough decision...tough decision... :confused:

There is a slight possible apperance from me here....Unless..I mean..>When I win and finally get revenge on Glen...

Back