Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Canines

Status
Not open for further replies.

d13tp3ps1

I've been playing Houndoom/Darkrai for a while now, and got some great wins with it, but it occured to me one day that it's just not consistent enough. I played around with trainers, still not consistent. So i decided to switch out the Darkrai for Absol.
It worked wonders. I haven't played it in a tournament yet but I've been playing at home, it seems to work great so far.

-Pokemon-
4-4 Houndoom
4 Absol (baleful wind version)
1-1 Dugtrio (Crystal Guardians)

total- 14

-Trainers-

4 Quick ball
2 Mr. Stone's Project
2 Night Maintenence
2 Roseanne's Research
2 Professor Cozmo's Discovery
2 Pokenav
2 Dusk Ball
1 Professor Oak's Visit
1 Professor Birch
1 Master Ball
1 Team Galactic's Mars
1 Team Galactic's Wager
1 Celios Network

total-22

-Energy-

1 DRE
2 Multi
1 Warp Energy
1 Cyclone Energy
4 Special Darkness
9 Regular Dark
6 Fire

total-24

My strategy is to start with Absol, set up some Houndoom, and go to town. it seems to work. I am, as always, all over the place with my trainers. I want to keep for sure, the quick balls, pokenavs, and mr. stone's. Should I consolidate the rest of my trainers, and have 3 or 4 of just a few? And which few should I have?

play 4 multi it is so good with doom. you should play at most 16 energys. yeah add more trainers try fit in

4 roseannes resarch instead of mr stones.
4 Celios or bebes your choise
4 Team galactics mars since this is disruptive
3 pokenav should do fine
some strenght charms or pluspowers would be fine.

-1 mars
-2 cozmo's
+2 unown G for stopping G&G
+1 prof. oak's visit

possibly -1 wager +1 something else

you can't afford to play team galactic's mars because as soon as you play it, G&G will just telepass it every turn and keep your hand almost non-existent
same could happen with wager, although they probably wouldn't use it every turn. They still have access to a free wager whenever they want.
Essentially, playing either of these cards against G&G players gives them control of your hand for the rest of the game! You probably don't want that.

The Unown G is for stopping both Gallade's first attack (psychic cut?) and for stopping Gardy X's bring down. It helps in other situations too, but those are the main ones.

Try to have more focused trainers, and the max energy you should run is about 16.
A few DRE, multi, darkness, fire, and basic dark are what you should really be running.

Also, I'd try to have more supporters and less "single cards" for the trainers.

The purpose of many trainers, few supporters is to prevent GG from using your supporters, it works amazingly well. Since posting this she included 2 Cessation Crystals, which completely shuts down Crutchdoll for opponents. It tore me up. The amount of energy is also needed since the Houndoom does a lot of discarding. It has been scaled back, I think she took 4-5 energy out in favor of the Cess. Crystals and more trainers.

When the next houndoom comes out this would be a fun deck.but trainers:
Trainers 29
2 Castaway
3 Cessation
3 Quick Ball
1 Dusk Ball
2 Pokenav
4 Team Galactic Mars
3 Team Galatic Wager
2 Warp
2 Roseannes
2 Celios
2 Night Maintenance
3 POV
2 Mr Stone

Energy:17
2 DRE
4 Dark SP
5 Dark Base
3 Fire
3 Mutli

not 4 mars. u can do something better instead, 2 cards barely helps unless u top deck because u can draw more with other stuff.

Don't be afraid to play 4 DRE, just play some Pluspowers to counter it and a counter stadium like Battle Frontier or a Windstorm. I'd play 3 Warp Points, since they are really nice with techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back