Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Slowking Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAT

this deck may have 36 trainers, but it is pretty decent.

Pokemon:8
4 Slowpoke(2 from TAvsTM, 2 from FRLG)
4 Dark Slowking

Trainers:36
4 Great Ball
4 Pokemon Retriever
4 Claw Fossil
4 Buffer Piece
2 Oaks Research
3 Stevens Advice
4 Strength Charm
4 Crystal Shard
3 Life Herb
4 Rocket's Poke Ball

Energy:16
12 Psychic
4 Dark

WPM: About your "secret deck" I think it'll be something really overrated. I don't think the entire world could have overlooked it. And if it's so popular in Japan, wouldn't we have heard about it?

If I'm wrong, I reaaalllllllllly want to see how it does in GC, make sure to PM me your deck report if you make one, or even PM the deck, I'm still curious..

Last edited:
pm me the deck or give me a website that has some info on them WPM. Or are you just making this deck up like me thinks...
Interesting deck HAT. Plan on using it at GC?

Last edited:
yes, but noone seems 2 want to help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a Gym is needed to counter Battle Frontier Stadium......

And i would think you'd want to max out on the Tools & Secret Machines.....

I like all amnesia slowpokes, personally. No SAR/recharge/MAW/etc...really helps out.

Change them all, perhaps?

if you're making a dump deck, why not use primeape instead? it gives you a broader range of trainers, more damage, and not that it matters much, but you wont get affected by battle frontier.

Just out of curiosity, what are you copying this deck for? It went a combined 11-7. BTW, add a speed deoxy just in case you run into shedinja. LEAVE MY DECK ALONE!!!! If you want a netdeck, go with Zaptrode. it beat this deck 3 or 4 times.

I've been playing Dark Slowking ever since TRR came out, it's my main deck and I have never gave up on it. I am still working on perfecting my list. It's close to done but nothing is ever perfect. =p Dark Slowking is better than Primeape IMO. Primeape is less consistant because it dumps too much and you can never draw that fast. Primeape dumps 3 trainers for 90, while Dark Slowking dumps 2 for 80. Dark Slowking has more HP, has a disruptive power, an uncommon weakness, and evolves from Slowpoke which can Amnesia. Primeape doesn't have a cap on it's amount of damage it can do, but that is the only plus to it.

I say go with:

x4 Steven's
x4 TVR
x2 Celio's
x3 Rocket's Ball
x4 Swoop, Charm, Shard, Buffer Piece (16 in total)
x2 Retriever

I don't personally like Fossils either, since you Mulligan too much but it works too. You don't need Great Balls, buffing up your draw engine is a better idea than cards that will get you one basic. Goodluck to you on the deck, the only problem I have ever had with it is Slowking's Low HP, but properly placed buffer pieces help that out sometimes. Just remember once you attach something you need to use it to get rid of it. Buffer piece is the only dangerous one in the deck because if you attach it and need a chamr/shard than you can't do it. Think things out first. :thumb:

I have a few questions for those that seem to know a lot about this deck. How does it get setup? I see no Magcargo or Pidgeot, so how does it get all it's Slowking's out on the field. Supporters can only take you a distance. THis deck doesn't even have dunsparce. I was royally stomped by one of these decks at a friendly tournament and was very impressed. I even have 4 of it in my book, but I need to understand how the deck works before I try it out.

Like they say, if god gives you lemons, you can't make lemonade unless you know how to.

ToysRUsKid said:
Wasn't I the first one that posted a Dark slowking a while back? ;/

No. Look for Imeroial Cloth and Imperior's Unseen Cloth. Posted a Dark Slowking deck when Rocket Returns was released.

Hi Hat,

There is no reason not to run Dunsparce with a standard count of four Swoop! Teleporter. It is much more space effieicent than the Great Ball and Fossil combo and Swoop! Teleporter can also be littered unliuke the other two.

POKEMON (12):

4 Dark Slowking (beatdown)
4 Slowpoke (evolution)
4 Dunsparce (draw)

TRAINER (36):

3 Pokémon Retriever (enable)
4 Swoop! Teleporter (enable)
3 Rocket's Pokéball (draw)
4 Strenght Charm (enable)
4 Steven's Advice (draw)
3 Crystal Shard (enable)
3 Buffer Piece (enable)
3 Tv Reporter (draw)
3 Exp. All (enable)
3 Copycat (draw)
3 Cozmo (draw)

ENERGY (12):

4 Darkness Energy
8 Psychic Energy

The tools and maschine amount should suffice now for a pure Dark Slowking deck. Also increased the amount of classic draw and shuffle trainers to a standard thirteen for this kind of decks and addded three Rocket's Pokeball to ensure a two Dark Slowking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back