Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Tyranitar deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkMonkey

Ok, this is a version of the Dark Tyranitar deck used by Takashi Yoneda (11-14 runner-up) at the 2005 Worlds. I don't have the necessary cards to replicate his exact deck, but I wouldn't want to do that anyway because I wanna implement my own strategy. Here is the current decklist:

Pokemon: 20
3 Dark Tyranitar (TRR 20)
1 Dark Tyranitar (TRR 19)
1 Dark Pupitar (TRR 40)
1 Dark Pupitar (TRR 41)
3 Larvitar (TRR 62)
1 Larvitar (TRR 63)
2 Pidgeot (FRLG 10)
1 Pidgeotto (FRLG 45)
2 Pidgey (FRLG 73)
1 Dark Dragonite (TRR 15)
1 Dark Dragonair (TRR 31)
1 Dratini (TRR 53)
1 Mew ex (HP 100)
1 Jirachi (HL 8)

Trainers: 22
4 Prof. Cozmo's Disc.
4 Bill's Maintenance
4 Rare Candy
3 Celio's Network
2 Rocket's Pokeball
1 Desert Ruins
1 Rocket's Hideout
1 Ancient Tomb
1 Magnetic Storm
1 Scott

Energy: 18
4 Darkness
4 Dark Metal
3 Holon's Castform
3 Fighting
2 Psychic
2 Multi

Strategy:
Ok, my strategy for this deck is to use the Dark Tyranitar's as the main attackers. I only have one Bite Off T-tar so I have to make due witht he other 3 being Sand Damage. Attach as many dark energies to the T-tars as posible to inflict the most amount of damage.

The Dark Dragonite (I only have one) can be a decent attacker provided he has some dark energy, but he is mainly in there for his Poke-Power...to move the dark energy around, that way while you are building up your T-tars, you can diserse the dark among all of them, and then when one get sent up, you move them to the active T-tar. Also, because you can only have 4 Darkness energy, if some or all of the Darkness energy are on an injured T-tar that you are certain will die on your opponent's next turn, technically you could use Dragonite's Poke-Power to move all those energy to the next T-tar so he can inflict maximum damage. It's kinda like passing the stick in a relay race, lol.

The Pidgeot is there obviously for his Poke-Power, Quick Search. As long as you get a Pidgeot out, you can get whatever you need, each and every turn. Gotta love it.

The Mew ex (which I also only have one of) is there because he will let you see what is coming your way with his Poke-Power. He also has that fun attack, Devo Crush. However, he shouldn't really be used as an attacker, just as a bench warmer. Also, his HP is 90, which means even though he is an ex, he is not affected by Desert Ruins.

The Jirachi is in the deck in order to allow you to search for evolutions in time of desperate need. High HP for a basic, and only one retreat cost allows for him to be ideal for stalling while you build up your attackers.

Prof. Cozmo's Disc. and Bill's Maintenance allow for you to increase you hand size, and thus increase your chances of having exactly what you need.

Rare Candy are obivously for getting out all the stage 2's out as fast as possible.

Celio's Network works almost hand-in-hand with the Rare Candy. If on your first turn you have both of these trainers, you can immediately have your stage 2 in play.

Rocket's Pokeball also serves well with the Rare Candy. However, even if you don't currently have a Rare Candy, you can extract the Dark stage 1's and put them into play.

The Stadiums are all stadiums that can do nothing but help you. Desert Ruins will get at your opponent's ex, keeping in mind that the Mew ex isn't affected. Rocket's Hideout gives your T-tar's and the Dragonite 20 more HP, which is always a good thing. Ancient Tomb can help you when you are facing grass and fighting. Lastly, Magnetic Storm will eliminate your opponent's possible resistance to your fighting T-tars and even the Mew ex if you send him up for some fun. These four stadiums, combined with the loveable Poke-Power of Quick Search, should allow you to pick whichever one you need in that particular matchup.

Scott is to aide the Pidgeot in getting necessary supporters and stadiums.

Darkness and Dark Metal energies are there to fulfill the dark requirements of the T-tar's. The Darkness, of course, adding 10 more damage.

Holon's Castforms can not only count as a basic in a desperate starting hand, but also and 2 rainbows without the -10 damage effect.

Fighting
, Psychic, and Multi energies simply provide energy to attach when you have them in hand, and to use to put down the Castforms.

So there you have my version of the Dark Tyranitar deck. Sorry if this deck strategy was too long (or quite possibly too short, lol!) Please post any suggestions or tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back