Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Darkartisan's Tournament Report- South FL- BRADS

darkartisan

Hey guys. I'm pretty bored so I figure i'll write a tournament report. At my local league, we had an 8 man tournament(kinda small) but it was pretty fun so I figured i'd write about it.

I played my version of Gechamp, it plays alot differently and focuses on swarming Gengar without relying on Machamp to win.

Round 1- VS Alex k- Magmortar and friends

So my friend Alex was the first victim. We both got great hands, and he dropped the T3 Magmortar X. I responded by swarming 2 Gengar, getting up a Claydol, and a Machamp. Once I knocked out his Magmortar, it was practically over. Take out on the Heatran X, snipe the Claydol, GG

1-0

Round 2- Rebecca C- Kingdra

I played a standard Kingdra, and I built my deck knowing that I could take on Kingdra(just by modifying jim's deck) and since it already had a positive matchup vs Kingdra, I knew i had the game. T1 Candy to Gengar, snipe the Claydol, Snipe the Uxie, get everything 10 hp and drop Crobat, etc. She got 2 Kingdra up, but not fast enough. GG

2-0

Round 3- Michael P- Rampardos

Donkpardos, I have always lost to this deck, up until I played gengar and Machamp. I started T1 candy to Gengar, then went to town on his Swarm. He scooped.

3-0

Round 4- Tony C- Eevelutions

Never seen this before, but he SWARMED the field with eevee and friends. i started with a Machop, got out 1 Gengar, and then lost a baltoy (Leafon+ Lake boundary x.x). I missed the knockout on his Leafy X by 10, :/ and then drew into literally the worst cards ever to start with early game(maintenence, rescue)

I scooped.

3-1

So 2nd place, and 6 pop packs :D. Overall it was a great tournament, and I thank Michelle for putting this one together.

Props:
2nd
getting 2 Gengar and borrowing a Rare candy from Tony (thanks:thumb:)
going 11-1 the whole day

Slops:
Michael having a bad day :/
Not finding a Glaceon X to trade for
My mom stepping on my Uxie X :eek:

Thanks for reading.

Back