Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Darkrai EX/Hydreigon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human Destroyer

So I've been working on a Darkrai/Hydreigon and I wonder if there's anything I can tweak before I begin playtesting.

Redshark 4.40 Deck List
Date: Sun Jul 8 13:13:43 2012

Name: Darkrai&Hydreigon
Comments:

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 13
Stage 2: 3
3 : Hydreigon, NEX-103
Stage 1: 1
1 : Zweilous, NV-78
Basic: 9
2 : Sableye, DE-62
3 : Darkrai EX, DE-107
1 : Sigilyph, EP-41
3 : Deino, NV-77

TRAINERS: 35
Trainers: 21
3 : Rare Candy, DE-100
4 : Pokemon Catcher, DE-111
4 : Dark Patch, DE-93
3 : Ultra Ball, DE-102
2 : Level Ball, NEX-89
3 : Max Potion, EP-94
2 : Random Receiver, DE-99
Pokemon Tools: 2
2 : Eviolite, NV-91
Supporters: 12
4 : Professor Juniper, DE-98
4 : Cheren, DE-91
4 : N, DE-96

ENERGY: 12
Special Energy: 4
4 : Rainbow Energy, GS-104
Basic Energy: 8
8 : Darkness Energy, BW-111

PROXIES:

Hydreigon = DRX Hydreigon with Dark Trance
Rainbow Energy = Blend Energy GRPD
Sigilyph = DRX Sigilyph with Safeguard
Zweilous = DRX Zweilous with Draw In (thanks PidgeyCornerFTW!)

Translations:

Hydreigon HP150
Stage 2 - Evolves from Zweilous
Dragon

Ability - Dark Trance:
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a :dark: Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.

[:psychic::dark::dark::colorless:] Dragon Blast: 140
Discard 2 :dark: Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: 3

Blend Energy GRPD
Special Energy
While in play, this card provides either :grass:, :fire:, :psychic:, or :dark: type of Energy but provides only 1 Energy at a time. (While not in play, Blend Energy GFPD counts as :colorless: energy.)

Sigilyph HP90
Basic
:psychic:

Ability - Safeguard:
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Pokémon-EX (both yours and your opponent's).

[:psychic::colorless::colorless:] Psychic: 50+
Does 10 more damage for each Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: :psychic: (x2)
Retreat Cost: 1

Zweilous HP90
Stage 1 (Evolves from Deino)
Dragon

[:colorless:] Draw In
Search your discard pile for up to 2 Darkness Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon.

[:psychic::colorless::dark:] Dragon Head 40

Weakness: Dragon x2
Retreat Cost: 3

Strategy is to keep Energy moving around with Hydreigon (Blend Energy is movable), Sigilyph is a counter to EXs, Darkrai EX is the main attacker, Hydreigon can attack if need be, I may add more later but I'm short on time.

Opinions?

Last edited:
Looks super consistent, i can't really point out any flaws. In my own list i like to play 4 Candy and a 2-2 split of the level ball and ultra ball, but most likely will put another ultraball to abuse dark patch more.
Are you getting hydreigon T2 often?

I haven't playtested yet; this is all Theorymon as of now, although I plan on playtesting it later today.

Theoretically, draw Supporters combined with Ultra Ball should do the trick.

I've been testing this deck lately, and your list looks quite solid to me. My only suggestion would be to use the other Zweilous, not sure which number it is, but here's the translation. I recommend it for its first attack:

Zweilous 90 HP Dragon-type
:colorless: Draw In
Search your discard pile for up to 2 Darkness Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon.

:psychic::dark::colorless: Dragon Head 40
Weakness: Dragon x2
Resistance
Retreat Cost :colorless::colorless::colorless:

No I...wait, what?

*pats self on back* Good job, me, you just won Japan Nationals!

Seriously, I don't even follow what goes on in Japan (besides the cards of course).

There's actually a couple of things I want to change because I realized they could be better (at least in my opinion) so give me a moment.

Darkrai EX will be a lot easier to get your hands on once the tins come out in America.

So remind me. Has this deck been doing as well as GarTaria in Japan? It might just be me but It seems like Garchomp would do a lot better than this deck. Not yours in particular just in general.

Also wouldn't Mewtwo EX be a good tech here? Actually give Psydrive a use? Charge up with Blend Energy and one Basic Darkness, blast away with Psydrive, discard the Darkness Energy to fuel Dark Patch. It sounds pretty good...

Last edited:
I made some changes, got rid of Bianca in favor of Cheren (I was considering both, but looking at it either or could fit), dropped Shaymin EX, and upped my Dark Patch count to 4. I'm wondering if I should drop the Level Balls for more Random Receivers.

No junk arm should = Maxed out Max potion. If this is anything like Klinklang it should need its healing cards.

I don't think random receiver is necessary in this deck. From the testing I've done I almost always have at least 1 supporter in my hand. The rest of your list is almost identical to what I built, except I kept the Shaymin EX, and only run 2 level balls.

Although the Dragon Zweilous has an interesting attack, the truth is you're likely never going to use it. Given all of the Dragons that are likely to be running around (Garchomp, Rayquaza, Rayquaza EX), you may want to consider the NV Zweilous. It may be better able to take a hit, so you don't lose the ability to evolve to Hydreigon and can just Max Potion the damage off. You still have to deal with the Terrakions, but they do 90 damage anyway, and are just as big of a problem against the dragon Zweilous as the dark Zweilous. The one consideration that could tip it in dragon Zweilous' favor is that it has a 3 retreat, so it is searchable by all three balls. I haven't tested this deck enough yet to have a firm view as to which Zweilous is better, but I thought this might help you in your testing.

Changes=
Darkness Zwelious reason- Doesn't get OHKO'D by garchomp
Rainbow= Blend GPDF reason- Should be obvious
Cheren= Bianca reason- Usually use most of your hand

1. Dragon Zweilous has Draw In, which outweighs the advantages of Dark Zweilous, especially considering the Fighting Weakness.

2. Rainbow Energy rotated out and Prism doesn't work on Hydreigon, so no.

3. I might change it, as both have proved useful in this deck.

Wait what are you talking about. You said rainbow is being rotated out and prism doesn't work on hydreigon, so I'm gonna say no to my only other option? You can, I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back