Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Darkrai/Hydreigon help against Keldeo/Blastoise

PokeCuber

I need help; I am having a hard time taking care of keldeo's. Also I only started building this deck just 2 weeks ago.

3-1-3 Hydreigon
2 Sableye
3 Darkrai EX
1 Sigilyph
1 mewtwo

= 14

T/S/S
1-3 Catcher. (Only have 1 ATM, 3 if my friend will allow me to borrow. Wants shiny mudkip in return).
3 Max potion
4 N
4 Juniper
3 Patches
1 Eviolite
1 Dark claw
3 ultra ball
3 Rare candy
4 Random reciever

27-30 Trainers

8 Dark
4 Blend

=12

At the max, I would have 55. 5 Empty slots. Would skyla run well in this deck? Bianca? What about energy searching trainers?

Anyways strategy is the same as before. Move around energies to your attackers. As I said Keldeo EX can 2-shot Darkrai. I would think Catcher Squirtle at the start to stop acceleration. As for Sigilyph, Im okay with it. Should I run that and Mewtwo EX?

Thanks

skyla is a must i feel in this deck. It allows an out of situations for sure. and how i have been playing it is putting as much pressure on the keldeo as possible then swing in with mewtwo to finish them off. I do this because they will have a lot of energy on their keldeo so it is an easy 2 prizes when they do.

Skyla and Computer Search make this deck viable (moreso than it used to be). You need them.

I personally don't much like your supporter line; you don't want to be discarding or flushing your hand when you're looking for two cards at the same time and ONLY at the same time. I prefer playing 3-4 Cheren with only one Receiver. Whatever works for you though.

A single Mewtwo or Sigilyph should suffice for Keldeo, but a Shaymin EX also works wonders. My build has been trying Mewtwo, Keldeo, and Shaymin all at once (with Prism) and it's been pretty fun and decently effective.

Shaymin EX and maybe a TecH Revive are worth considering. Yes, you've got to already have the Energy in play to Trance to them, but if you do, double Shaymin EX is pretty painful for two Grass Weak Pokémon. Remember that I am operating under the assumption you're able to drop them as soon as possible after your opponent takes two Prizes (at which point Shaymin EX can OHKO either Blastoise or Keldeo EX).

It isn't foolproof, obviously; if your opponent can power through Shaymin EX (especially two), you've handed them the game. ¬_¬

Mewtwo helps a lot in this matchup too. If they drop all their energy on a Keldeo, all you need is a Mewtwo and two energy and you can do some damage to them.

I agree that Skyla and CSearch make this deck good, and there's no reason to not run them. If you can find room for those, you will be better off.

If you have 5 slots, try adding the following:

+1 Shaymin EX
+1 Super Rod
+1 Max Potion
+1 Eviolite
+1 Sigilyph

That should help you take down Blastoise Keldeo a lot easier. Shaymin and Sigilyph are both good Pokémon in the Keldeo match up, Max potion and Eviolite prevent KOs, and Super Rod is for general recovery. Hope this helps.

It's simple: kill the Blastman.

Caveat Emptor:

I don't know even know if my advice is sound (it probably isn't) - I just wanted to make that joke.

It's simple: kill the Blastman.

Caveat Emptor:

I don't know even know if my advice is sound (it probably isn't) - I just wanted to make that joke.

You can knockout Blastoise with Hydreigon, which is amazing. Shaymin EX is a must tech. You lose against Status decks, ever thought of using Keldeo?

Back