Darkrai/Weavile can work?!?!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Havoc, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Havoc

Havoc New Member

Has anyone seen the new Weavile being released in the weird set posted in the news section? After seeing that I was OMG!...:eek::eek: That's the card that Darkrai Level X needed sooooo bad! And if I'm right there'll even be a Weavile Lv. X in the set, like zomg!

2. shiftrymaster68

shiftrymaster68 Active Member

That's what I thought too...especially with the new Weavile's power, you can turn ANYTHING [D] to abuse Darkrai's Poke-Body (Blissey MT, the Weavile itself, etc.). Darkrai will be especially great fi we manage to get the Darkrai Promo from Japan that does Auto Sleep when you bench it. Darkrai won't be legal until States, however.

3. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

I think darkrai/ Blissey/ Weavile will be a HUGE force in States/Regs/Nats

4. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

^...in the 10- division
    im not seeing anyone using darkrai for its body winning, its attack seems to be the ebest thing on it really, and that alone isnt reason enough to run it

5. Jason

Jason New Member

err...
    im sorry.
    Darkrai wont be in our DP3.

6. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

I don't see it beating much to be honest with you.

7. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

The attack is pretty aweful

3 for 40 IF you get lucky you can get a ko

if they hvae a switch you're screwed

3 energy could be better spent to get something done

The body is the most useful thing about the card

8. JokerBoi

JokerBoi New Member

The attack and the body both shocked me but the attack gave me real nightmares

9. Havoc

Havoc New Member

The attack pretty much is awful. In general I'm speaking of Weavile in general more than Darkrai. Darkrai would be 2-2, adding power to Weavile DP and using Weavile(new set) to power up dark energy for free. Its basically a better Raichu MT.

10. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

if we get dark energy acceleration, then this might see play
    other than that, im not seeing him as useful

11. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

2 Dark energies for an energyless attack isn't acceleration?

12. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

...eh?
    what attack is this?

13. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

http://www.pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59644

Bottom of the first post.

Spoiler:

Weavile L.30 - Water - HP80

Poke-Power: Dark Engage
    Once during your turn (before you attack), you may use this power. Each of your Active Pokemon's type is Dark until the end of your turn. If that Pokemon is no longer your Active Pokemon then this effect ends.

. Shadow Charge: Search your deck for up to 2 Darkness Energy cards and attach them to any of your Pokemon in any way you like. Shuffle your deck afterwards

(D)(D) Chip Off: 40 If your opponent has 6 or more cards in his or her hand discard a number of cards without looking unitl your opponent has 5 cards left in his or her hand.

Weakness: Metal (+20)
    Resistance: none
    Retreat: 0

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  14. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

woah...
    nice...
    that could work nicely with blissey
    unfortunatly, it wont be legal until states

15. HurricaneWarty

HurricaneWarty New Member

This could be great with quite a few things: Blissey, Walrein MT, Ambipom, Mawile PK, etc etc...lots of choices I think when combo'd with Darkrai.

16. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

walrien?
    im not seeing it...

17. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

I can see Darkrai/Weaville working, but it won't win as many Cities or States I think, though it might win a few.

18. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Walrien discards stuff. Potentially the active pokemon when they evolve & a card every time they attack ... if they don't discard they are paralized.

I built my youngest son a Walrien deck for fun when he ended up with 4 after the pre-release and wanted to play it. I can't really call it consistant or anything but if he hits double heads when he evolves just once or twice the game tends to go downhill for me really fast.

19. Ikari

Ikari New Member

Weavile constrain the oponnent's hand to 5, Walrein - 2 Card discard or their pokemon are Paralyzed = 3 card in oponnent's hand... it's a Wager!!! :lol:

20. PSYCO829

PSYCO829 New Member

...no
    sorry, not gonna work
    honestly, even with the new weavile, im still looking for a good attacker to go with darkrai
    blissey essentially needs 4 stage ones in order to work, meaning it wont, and the weavile from dp is to fragile
    ill find something