Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Darkrai Zoroark Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitreelz

I am new to Pokegym and this is my first article.

For Autumn Battle Roads I am going to play a Darkrai Zoroark deck. I think my list is ok but I might need some suggestions for this so please help if you can.

Pokemon-15

4 Zorua DE 69
4 Zoroark DE 71
2 Darkrai-EX DE 63
3 Sableye DE 62
1 Mewtwo EX ND 54
1 Tornadus-EX DE 90

T/S/S-33

4 Professor Juniper DE 98
4 N NV 101
2 Bianca EP 90
4 Pokemon Catcher EP 95
3 Ultra Ball DE 102
3 Dark Claw DE 92
4 Dark Patch DE 93
2 PlusPower UL 80
2 Eviolite NV 91
2 Switch BW 104
1 Super Rod NV 95
2 Level Ball ND 89

Energy-12

4 Double Colorless Energy
8 Darkness Energy

Strategy

The strategy in this deck is to use Zoroark Brutal Bash attack for alot of damage. This attack is supported by all the dark Pokemon on your bench and can deal up to 140 damage if Zoroark has a dark claw attached.
Darkrai is used to give your Pokemon free retreat and is also a great attacker. Sableye is used to get back item cards and it takes advantage of being a dark pokemon to power up Zoroark. Tornadus is in this deck because of fighting Pokemon giving a completely dark deck a really hard time. and Mewtwo is always a must in any deck. Zoroark uses DCE for Brutal Bash and the :dark: energy are for Darkrai , Sableye and dark patch to make this deck even speedier. The attack on your first turn has to be Accession from Zorua to get a Zoroark into play as quick as possible. This deck is very fast and can hit hard, I think this deck will be very good even against the new Dragon decks that are becoming very hyped. Please help me if you can by commenting any suggestions for this deck.

Not bad, although I was intially confused with your choice of set abbreviations, but I'm good now.

I thought about making a similar deck, but here's how I'd build my deck based on your list:
-3 Dark Claw
-2 Eviolite
-2 Switch
-1 Zoroark DEX
+1 Zoroark BLW
+1 Super Rod
+1 Bianca
+1 Darkrai EX
+2 Energy Switch
+2 PlusPower

Since you are not running Ability Hydreigon (DRX), energy movement will be difficult otherwise I would have wanted to put in Max Potion, so Energy Switch is used for the event that you get catchered out a Pokemon with no energy, so that if you have the energy to spare for a free retreat with Darkrai in Play, that's your lifeline.

No Switch because unless paralyze is a severe problem for this deck, you should almost always be able to free retreat once you have Darkrai in play.

No tools (Eviolite and Dark Claw) because the advent of Tool Scrappers will effectively make 55/60 of your deck effective. Extra PlusPower may compensate especially for when you need the clutch +10 damage anyway.

One more Super Rod won't hurt because in situations where you use Ultra Ball to throw away Pokemon for another Pokemon, you can easily get those back into your deck.

Bianca is useful because Ultra Ball sets up the draw and especially in situations where you get N'ed out for less cards, the best you can hope for is having a Bianca to play on your next turn and recover quickly. If the deck runs well, you can use Ultra Ball and throw away up to 2 N to set up for Bianca draws.

Hope this helps!

Actually, Dark Claw is the only tool that can be useful even in a scrapper heavy meta, because it takes effect on your turn. You can just play it when you need it, and a scrapper wont stop you. Count it as a doble pluspower for your fark pokemons if you want.

Thanks for your help I will take some of this advice. I cant add another Darkrai because I only have two and Battle Roads is before the tins are released. I might add some tool scrappers for Garbador match ups. And I will add another Bianca.

Also do you think revive would be good in this deck?

Thanks

I think Super Rod is better than Revive any time you are using evolutions.

Also, I don't think you really need Mewtwo EX. Darkrai EX and Zoroark both have psychic resistance so Mewtwo would need 4 energy to OHKO Zoroark and 8 to OHKO Darkrai EX (assuming your pokemon are fully equipped). He isn't bad here, just don't feel like you have to use him.

Tool Scrappers seem like a good idea, especially if you're not running Switch.

RM

I have created a new list based on the comments on this article. Here it is.

Pokemon-14

4 Zorua DE 69
4 Zoroark DE 71
2 Darkrai-EX DE 63
3 Sableye DE 62
1 Tornadus-EX DE 90

T/S/S-34

4 Professor Juniper DE 98
3 N NV 101
3 Bianca EP 90
4 Pokemon CatcherEP 95
3 Ultra Ball DE 102
3 Dark Claw DE 92
4 Dark Patch DE 93
2 PlusPower UL 80
2 Eviolite NV 91
1 Switch BW 104
1 Super Rod NV 95
2 Level Ball ND 89
2 Tool Scrapper DR 116

I addded 1 more Bianca for more draw support
Added 2 tool scrappers for Garbador

I took out Mewtwo, N, and Dark Claw to fit the extra cards in.

Please comment on my new list to help out

Thanks

It looks pretty good to me. I would drop the eviolites for some Random Receivers (they are great with Sableye), but that's more of a personal touch.

RM

ive been trying to make a zoroark deck myself but i dont have the money for the pokemon catchers and a lot of the zoroark decks run it is there any way to actually get it to run properly without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back