Castaway x3
Warp Point x2
Professor Oak's Visit x4

Energy (12):

Scramble Energy x2
Dark Energy x10

CARDS:

Altaria GE
The meat of this deck. It has Resistance to Gallade, which is always good. However, it goes a little further then that. It has an attack that reduces all damage done to Altaria by your opponent's Evolved Pokemon by 30. That's 50 damage lower for Gallade. Imagine with Drake's Stadium in play. That's 60 less from Gallade. Buffer reduces another 20. That means that you can be reduceing 80 damage from Gallade. So Gallade needs to flip over 4 Prizes without Buffer to KO Altaria, and 5 with Buffers. And yes, they MUST flip over at LEAST 1 Prize card to do damage, or 2 if you have Buffer on.

Swablu GE
... Do I need a reason? Evolution. That's really it.

Darkrai Lv.X GE
Without it, Altaria would be doing 60 damage, which isn't that great. With it, however, Altaria is now doing MUCH more damage. Also has an interesting attack that gets quick KOs and stalls. Might help against Magmortar just to stop their Pachis from Retreating in time to power up your entire Bench. It can also beat many rogue decks.

Darkrai #4 GE
Again, an important part of this deck. Works off Darkrai Lv.X, and greatly helps against alot. Really, Level Up and STALL while you get Altaria up and are set up. It can also be a source of damage with Sleep Hole. 80 (or 110) whith Darkrai Lv.Xs Sleep can be pretty good.

Weavile SW
Weavile is here to attach alot of Energy to Altaria before it attacks, and so do 90+ damage. Well, not ALOT, exactly, but... 2 from Weavile, 1 from your hand... but it also serves a much more important role then that. It changes Altaria into a Dark type, and so gets the bonus from Darkrai. Very good. Without it, the deck would not work. It also helps against Magmortar. Just spam Weaviles at them, abuse free Retreat, hit for 90, come back, 90, Retreat, attach Buffers as well to make them last longer. And Fire TRUK will have big hands, and you get rid of alot of that stuff.

Sneasel DP
Evolution? Like Swablu, Evolution is really it.

Dugtrio CG
Stops Magmortar from killing your Bench. Also makes Magmortar's Fire Ball Bazouka useless, and stops Flame Bluster from killing you Benched Darkrais, Weaviles, etc. Also may improve the Blissey matchup.

Diglett SW
Once again, Evolution. I use it over any other because of more HP and better Weakness.

Unown G
Stops Sonic Blade and Bring Down. Nothing more.

Ceilio's Network
Searches your deck for a Pokemon. It's your searcher. Best card in the format. Need I say more?

Roseanne's Research
Your Basic Pokemon and Basic Energy searcher. Nothing more needs to be said.

Drake's Stadium
Reduces another 10 on top of the 50. Makes the deck work.

Scott
Searches out your Ceilio's, etc. and Drake's.

Buffer Piece
Reduces 20 MORE damage.

Castaway
Searches out Basic Energy, Buffer, and Supporter.

Warp Point
Disruption and helps Retreat for free, and Retreat more then once per turn.

Professor Oak's Visit
Your Drawer. Draws cards. Best Draw card in the format.

Scramble
... Comebacks?

Dark Energy
... No explanation needed.

Nice deck!!! I would just -1 Scotts, -1 Roesannes, -1 Castaway, + 2 Stevens, or +2 Island Hermit and +1 Wager or + 1 CopyCat, for Refresh! Other than that i like it, not bad, Maybe run 4-2 Weavile, to have a better Sneasel start!!!
Good Job, you are on your way, Later!!!

Hmm, nice list but...

-1 Sneasel
-1 Weavile

+2 of something

I find in all of my dark decks that 3-3 is overkill, however it has type advantage over Mag...

Exactly. Type advantage over Mag is important. It's important to spam them with Weaviles, and so you need to have multiples on your Bench. One might be Prized, so... but I might. I might take out a 1-1 line and put in 2 Steven's, andtake out a Roseanne's or Castaway for a Wager. Mca3, Scott is VERY important. Drake's is a key part of my strategy. Though it can survive against Gallade for a couple turns, Drake's is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back