Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Data Lock, PowerFul Deck

ShiftingSky

Data Lock

To start off with, here is a The Deck List i Have come up with. This Deck List Can easily be changed to your Personal preferences, Since everybody builds their decks in a different way.

4 Mareep
2 Flaafffy
2 Ampharos (SW)
2 Ampharos (PL)
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
3 Pachirisu
2 Porygon
2 Porygon Z
2 Porygon2
2 Unknown G

3 Bebe's Search
2 Expert Belt
1 Luxury Ball
1 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne's Reaearch
3 Technical machine TS-1 (Evoluter)
1 Technical machine TS-2 (Devoluter)
2 Volkner's Philosiphy
2 Warp Point
2 Rare Candy

15 Lightning Energy

If interested keep Reading and i will explain Just how this deck Work's

This Deck Usually Plays Middle/Late Game by using Pachirisu to set up Your Bench Quite Quickly and Once you get 2 Ampharos going you Can Go on the offensive and Pack the damage as heavy as you can. Try Getting the Jamming Ampharos Up if you have time to set up because all the Supporter's they play Will Penalize them Later. if they are Slow at Starting Up try Going on the offensive early with Gigavolt.

The Main line's And Pokemon, The Core of The Deck

This Deck has no Main Players it is Supposed to completely Work together and lead you to Victory. However i will look at Each individually and Break it down so you understand what you are using.

Ampharos PL
This Guy Pack's a wonderful 130 Hp Making Flygon Short to killing him without a Plus Power or Expert Belt. Although The 2 retreat is not that great however Ampharos is not a pokemon that You want retreating. Ampharos's First Attack has alot going for it Because you Can not Fail the Coinflip. 30+30 if Heads and 30+ paralysis if Tails its a Win/Win Situation. Its Second attack is Also very Handy. It can really help in those Luxray Situation's where you need guranteed damage but do not want to put the energy on ampharos. But the True Power lies in Ampharos's Power, Gravity Bind. It Can Shutdown Claydol/Gengar and Possibly Luxray if you Can get a damage Counter on the Sphinx before it Evolve's.

Ampharos SW
This Ampharos also has a wonderful 130 Hp making him as hard as his Counterpart. Unlike His Counter Part he is not as Versatile in retreating or attacking But Can Dish Extremely Large Amount's of Spread Damage with Jamming and Cluster Bolt.

PoryGon Z
PoryGon Z does not have as hefty HP as Ampharos but 120 Hp is still enough to take a beating before going down for the Count. He has a Place in this Deck as he can Hit Flygnon Where it really count's and with the added technical machine's Can one Shot almost any pokemon, when really needed. His Under-stage Porygon2 has Support to help Set up. Sadly His First Attack "Running" will not be utilized in this Deck Due to Flygon Lvl X. Also not a great retreat Cost however If you are really worried about Luxray You Can tech More Warp point's. One Downfall is his Power Install Allowing gengar to get a 60 on him, however you Can easily Attach a G to him and keep Gengar's Shadow Room away from him.

Mareep/Flaaffy
Porygon/Porygon2

Next on to Choosing Our Basic's. I have Chosen Mareep-PL Because of his Minor Errand Running Allows me to grab a couple energy if he Start's Out as my Basic. I have Chosen Flaaffy-SW for his Attract Current, a more Powerful Form of Mareep's attack as it lets me attach it. Flaaffy Can also Dish out a good 60 Damage in case you are down on your Luck and Cannot pull Amphy.
Next is Porygon and Porygon2, they both allow you to set up And further Increase your versatility.

The supporting cast

Like every Deck it need's a little bit of help or a push if u will. So I have Employed Claydol here to help Aid Porygon in setting up and keeping the Deck Moving. Claydol will be really easy to set up because one Pachirisu can search two Baltoy or Baltoy/Porygon/Mareep. Another Little Helper is unknown G, This Little bugger allows me to Prevent Gengar from getting to my Claydol's and Porygon's.

Tech's

Techs are those important cards that can completely Change a game in your Favor. This deck has alot of Changes you could Make to it which i would recommend allowing you to play your own Style. This Deck list is a Bare Minimum and has many things you could add/remove.
You can always Add More Warpoints, Switches, Warp Energies If you are Afraid of Luxray.
Another Route You Could Take is Slimming Down the Ampharos Line to Either Jamming or Power Bind and Use:
Electevire FB Lvl X/Bench Sheild for Fast Energy Acceleration. and a Later Game Set up.
1-0-1 MagneZone Can provide a Searching Engine for Energy or Pokemon, Whichever you Choose to use.
1-0-1 Magnezone DP Another Magnezone Tech use's Magnetic Lift. If you Change 6-7 Lightning to Metal Energies It Solve's The Luxray problem.
1-1 Electivire Can Also Speed up The Energy acceleration but help's Gengar Do more damage to you.
1-0-1 Exploud/Bubble Coat Prevents the Fighting Weakness That Mahchamp can prey on.

This deck is not Perfect as it has it's weakness's which i mentioned before. This Deck As you Can see will have Trouble With Machamp Due to it's Weakness to Fighting. And Does not totally Destroy Every Deck, That Would be a Complete Lie.

MotherGgar - 75-25
This 75-25 is based on Surviving the Donk as with any rush deck's you have to survive the Donk. which Should not be to hard With Pachirisu's Call+70 Hp. After Set up gengar Should Pose No Threat as you Can Easily Use Unknown G to Block Shadow Room and Ampharos's Lock makes Short work of Gengar's power. The Mother Of the Deck Can be easily Downgraded using Devoluter thus wasting a rare candy.

LuxRay - 50-50
This is a Tough match Up For this Deck because of the High Retreat Cost of Ampharos but it still takes 2 Shot to kill Anything in your Deck. If you Can get Damage on the Luxray before it Level's it will prevent Luxray X's Power. With no true advantage it will be a good Match.

Lego's 65-35
Lego's Does not provide much of a Problem as the Palkia Sports a very Un needed Lightning Weakness that work's in Your Favor. Also the Ampharos Lock's Palkia's power.

ToolBox 35-65
Toolbox Can Shutdown Your Lock and Make it Utterly Useless. As well as using Lucario to Prey on Your Weakness to fighting. Basically Set up and Try to Take out Key elements instead of Playing Brute Force Like usual.

Gyrados ??-??
A straight Gyrados i would say 70-30 however not Sure because this Deck with the right tech could Provide Much of a Challenge because of Weakness + your Low Energy Cost however Gyrados Does pack a Large Punch. Gyrados usually has alot of Tech's So Play Accordingly.

Kingdra 90-10
Usually Easy to Survive the Donk By Kingdra and the Weakness really helps your Damage Cause. It Can also Shutdown alot of Tech's that Discard Kingdras Energies.

Last edited:
This is The Greatest Deck I Have Ever Seen Written in Such a Powerful Manner

I Can't Wait to Dominate with my 15 Lightning Energies and Great Matchups to Every Deck

Not great to every Deck but Alot of them. Only tested the one's i have up there still testing and thinking of better tech's.
is the 15 Energy thing Sarcrasm? If so why would you need any more then 15? Metagross occured to me Because of jamming as well as make's Your Pokemon One Shot Flygon.

15 is overkill to the extreme. Cut it down to about 12 Energy total, and make 4 of them Call. And ditch the Pachy. Get some Candies in there, up the Rossies and Bebe's to 4, ditch the Evoluter's (Though Devolouter is a great tech). Also, conspicuously missing Porygon ZX.

lol, wow,

I love when people present fundamentally flawed decks as the next big Archetype.

I have to leave for work in a bit, so I'm just gonna list everything I think is wrong with it:

1. Only three bebe and Roseanne.
2. Only FOUR TMs.
3. No Broken Time Space or Rare Candy.
4. Laughable, obviously untested matchups.
5. WAY too many energy.
6. No Porygon Z X.

If nobody else picks up the slack, I'll try to explain myself after I get home from work.

^ Leave it to Phazon to catch my stupid oversights. The assumption being you are using the good Porygon, when I had assumed you are using the Porygon I used to play (the "bad" one).

That being said, ignore my advice to ditch the Evoluters. Everything else stands.

But the True Power lies in Ampharos's Power, Gravity Bind. It Can Shutdown Claydol/Gengar and Possibly Luxray if you Can get a damage Counter on the Sphinx before it Evolve's.

lolwut? luxray is SP. no evo.

you forgot the matchup that killz you
1/99 vs bibmag. Ms. magius killz your tmz and then it does a bibarel roll and U R PWNED.

fail level

look! another shinx reference
LuxRay - 50-50
This is a Tough match Up For this Deck because of the High Retreat Cost of Ampharos but it still takes 2 Shot to kill Anything in your Deck. If you Can get Damage on the Spinx it will prevent Luxray X's Power. With no true advantage it will be a good Match.

FYI maybe you should rethink ALL of your machups, since its obvious they arrent tested, if they were, there would be no shinx

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You talk about the donk a few times. Problem is, the decks you talk about do NOT revolve around the donk. Maybe your just misusing the term donk. Also, your matchups are just terrible, dude, Redshark ftw. Srry to sound harsh but really, saying that shinx is in luxape is just LOLZ.

"I love when people present fundamentally flawed decks as the next big Archetype."

I said this was only a Rough List >.> and i Also Statede i didnt test Except Vs these Deck's and i never said it will be the next ArchDeck EVERY deck is Flawed including Gengar/Flygon But the Flaws are so minimal it doesnt matter.
I know Luxray GL LVL X eveolves From Luxray FB But i still Call it Shinx Old Habit. And you Say i have not Tested on Red Shark, Well i have. Just BEcause i do not run 4 rosannes or 4 Bebe's The Deck Auto Suck's? Donk Means Turn 2 That Usually Wins Game For Example. Shuppet. And Idk where your From but where im from ive seen one Mismagnius Deck Which Wasnt to good. SO i didnt even Count it. Now I posted this Deck to see Idea's I know its not Perfect as stated. It is Built To beat Flygon/Gengar and that it has Done Over and Over. Coincidentally Being Lightning It Does not have Problems Vs Gyrados or Kingdra. Now i never tested Vs beedrill or this Bibarel Mismagnius thing hes talking about or Any Form of Absol Deck. The Evoluter's Are in there to Power Up The Porygon Z as well as Get Evolutions out Extremely Fast. by Turn 3 with a Pachi/Evoluter Start You Can have Both AMpharos out and a PorygonZ.
Back to the thread Any ideas Which tech will make it better. About the Energy WHy it is 15 is Because if you Guys Have not noticed there is NO energy Exceleration in this Deck meaning One a Turn is What your Supposed to Do Turn 3 You Start Relecting Energy onto Your Bench and By time hes knocked out you have another 4 On your bench Pokemon,

I cant Because Ampharos has to Discard 2 For its Spread and i would rather not have to use the Roseannes for Energy when i Should be bebeing a Ampharos or Using the Roseannes for Baltoy and Mareep. Good THought though. But this Deck Does not have any Energy Excel Because Usually Energy Exceller's Are fodder for Gengar + take Space or require a Flip.

If you ran other types of Energy (Call, Upper), then you wouldn't need to discard all the Energy from Ampharos SW to spread with Cluster Bolt. Amphy only needs 1 Lightning anyway.

An Energy Accelerator like Weavile would be fine. Unown G protects it from Gengar, and with Dark Engage + Amphy PL's Body, you shouldn't ever have to worry about Gengar anyway. You OHKO it and dodge the Fainting Spell. Plus, Special Dark would Boost your attacks and you don't have to discard it for Cluster Bolt.

Raichu Would SLow the Deck a Little But I like your Suggestion baby mario i i will think about it for this Deck The orginal plan was not to attack with the jamming Amphy without a Good Opening But maybe i should. One Problem is how would i cover Porygon/Claydol/ and the Weavile Plus Weavile would be Fodder for Luxray.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

lol, wow,

I love when people present fundamentally flawed decks as the next big Archetype.

I have to leave for work in a bit, so I'm just gonna list everything I think is wrong with it:

1. Only three bebe and Roseanne.
2. Only FOUR TMs.
3. No Broken Time Space or Rare Candy.
4. Laughable, obviously untested matchups.
5. WAY too many energy.
6. No Porygon Z X.

If nobody else picks up the slack, I'll try to explain myself after I get home from work.

#1 a Deck does NOT have to Have 4 Bebe's to be Consistant
#2 Porygon is not the Main Attacker and is Useless when hitting Gengar.
#3 I have 2 rare Candy + the Evoluters are enough.
#4 Want to play me on RedShark and test it while Speaking out of ur ***? I tested Each one ONLY the ones i wrote up there.
#5 15 Energies To much when My Last Resort Pokemon Discard energy? laughable.
#6 Answer = Flygon Lvl X 150 To Any Lvl X and Honestly Porygon Lvl X doesnt help that Much to Give my Opponents a Free Prize.

Last edited:
#1 a Deck does NOT have to Have 4 Bebe's to be Consistant
#2 Porygon is not the Main Attacker and is Useless when hitting Gengar.
#3 I have 2 rare Candy + the Evoluters are enough.
#4 Want to play me on RedShark and test it while Speaking out of ur ***? I tested Each one ONLY the ones i wrote up there.
#5 15 Energies To much when My Last Resort Pokemon Discard energy? laughable.
#6 Answer = Flygon Lvl X 150 To Any Lvl X and Honestly Porygon Lvl X doesnt help that Much to Give my Opponents a Free Prize.

1. With 2 S2 lines, that 4th Bebe's adds enough consistency to warrant its spot.
2. TBH, Porygon is probably a better attacker then Ampharos, but okay sure..
3. Well, thats new. Your original list had no candies. And honestly, 2 S2's? Get 4.
4. Maybe you tested them, sure. But the people behind the other decks couldn't have been very good.
5. If you are building around your "Last Resort", doesn't seem like a last resort.... Also, thats what NM/Palmers is for. Add 1 Palmers, you can then drop 7 Electric and the 3 Pachy, add 4 Call, and still have an extra 5 spots for the deck (2 Candys, a Bebe's, a Rossies, and a Porygon ZX). Call>Pachy, since you don't waste your energy attach.
6. Porygon ZX, when you already have Porygon, is an amazing card with all the special energy ran these days, not to mention the consistency boost from always drawing into what you want. You see a Flygon? Be smart and don't play it. You mindlessly play a LvX against Flygon, and you deserve to loose the prize.

Ok dude first of all you will never beat phazon so you got nothing to say any smack to him or probably any other people who have humbly attempted to help this pathetic attempt at a deck. Your match ups are complete jokes. You randomly capitalize words lol typing class please? Any way. Firstly luxray gl doesn’t evolve from “Sphinx” or shinx. Uhhhh what luxray situations exacly cause alllllll you mention is how scared you are of luxray dude… Ok next uhhh magnezone can’t search for energys… Electivire does not speed up energy acceleration. They only attach the energys to itself. LOL ok at least you put in rare candys. I could actually give you some fixes but i'll leave it at that good luck having a 75-25 against gengar :thumb:

Dude, do you even have a strategy with this deck? I mean, just taking a glance at the deck I can see that you don't really have a main attacker worth attacking with. This actually has very little, if any, positive matchups. Most water decks at the moment are fast enough to not care if you hit for weakness, since they hit for 60+ by T2-3.

Back