4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
2 Quick Ball
2 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball
1 Stark Mountain

Strategy:
Like any speed deck you want to go second and have the rare candy set up, for this I want Infernape on at least turn 1-3. Blaze Dance can be tricky, but when it's heads you have the major advantage over your opponent causing a 1 hit KO and 20 to there bench with Infernapes "Spreading Fire" and it catches you up if you were failing to get the draws earlier. When that is finished and you have the opponent scrambling to recover start building with Magmar by attaching 1 energy next turn and let Infernape keep the 60 damage coming to the defender. By turn 3 you should have another Chimchar+ Rare Candy set up + a Magmar to evolve with Magmortar, and if the second blaze dance is a heads attach two to Magmortar then two to Infernape for another devastating "Spreading Fire". After that you want to have infernape ready to retreat for the awhile and let Magmortar take his place, and if you have Mag X ready put him out and make your opponents QQ with Torrid Wave and "Fireball Bazooka". For at least a few turns you want Magmortar x to take the hits, and by this time you should have a massive heading over your opponent. When Magmortar X is taking crucial damage you hopefully get ONE more "Blaze Dance" in and if luck is on your side attach at least 2-3 to Mag x to heal for 40+ hit points. By that point you should have the round just about rapped up if you used Mag x "Flame Bluster" to snipe any pesky techs. Now with a switch in hand and all the energies in your discard pile you should bring back out Infernape and level up to Infernape lvl X with 2 energies and go out with a bang by using "Flare Up" for the win.

That is what I aim for in this deck, any suggestions or modifications PLEASE don't be shy I need all the help I can get before Saturday.

Do you own claydols? Beacuse if you dont put some in this I dont see how you can get all of what you expect to have up by T6 or so. I find quick ball unreliable in decks with this many pokemon.

-2 quick ball
-1 warp
-1 switch
-1 chatot

+2 baltoy
+2 claydol
+1 bebe

Do you own claydols? Beacuse if you dont put some in this I dont see how you can get all of what you expect to have up by T6 or so. I find quick ball unreliable in decks with this many pokemon.

-2 quick ball
-1 warp
-1 switch
-1 chatot

+2 baltoy
+2 claydol
+1 bebe

Damn that Claydol, no I do not have that card nor will I ever. I despise it, I play tested this at regular tournaments at my local comic book store and I always go 3-1 cause I either get the set up or struggle 2-3 turns getting the set up , I just struggle with Dusknior/Gengar that's about it. I don't want really rely on that a little spinner.

then use uxie. it's sort of like claydol, but more affordable, and u can still get that constant draw.

I find quick ball unreliable in decks with this many pokemon.

In this deck, that holds true. But if virtually every card in your deck is a stage one or maybe one stage on Lv X, then it's much more consistent, even if you're running lots of pokemon, because odds are greatly in your favor that you'll be able to play it - if you can't, Quick Ball didn't torch your supporter for the turn, so you still possibly could.

It also filters Pokemon out of your deck, and if he were to run a Claydol engine (more like a freight train) it would increase his odds of drawing into the rare candy + Infernape SF / tutor for Infernape SF upon which he so greatly depends.

However, running a 4-2-4 line is very prohibitive to effective quick balling.

If he pitched in Uxies and became Magmortran, I'd strongly advocated for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back