Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on Deck Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramseyc1985

i have built a deck from BW- Plasma freeze and i was wondering if it was a tournament playable deck. Here is the list of what i have.
Ramsey Church

Pokemon
1 x Blastoise
2 x Wartortle
3 x Squirtle
1 x White Kyurem
2 x Druddigon
3 x Chimchar
2 x Pansear
1 x Victini
2 x Simisear
1 x Infernape
2 x Monferno
2 x Buneary
2 x Lopunny
1 x Frillish
1 x Jellicent

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
2 x Cheren
2 x Potion
2 x Great Ball
2 x Pokemon Communication
2 x Energy Search
2 x Energy Retrieval
1 x Hypnotoxic Laser
1 x Giant Cape

Energy
1 x Blend Energy WLFM - Special
9 x Fire Energy - Basic
10 x Water Energy - Basic

i have 26 pokemon
14 trainers/support
and 20 energy
So far i have to admit i really don't have much of a strategy with my deck i might be a hard hitter i like to get my tough cards out like Blastoise and Simisear who do more damage the more water or fire energy attached to them. i also do this by using my trainers Great Ball and Pokemon Communication have been very helpful getting the cards i need out on to the playing field. when i dont not have simisear or the Blastoies evolutions i try to get my dragons up.

This is indeed a tournament legal deck, but I fear that you may end up going 0-X at a tournament with this list (0 meaning you won't win a single game out of how many rounds there are) which isn't uncommon for people who just start playing competitively; I went 0-6 at my first tournament, but I digress This list could use some help.

Firstly ditch everything that isn't Blastoise or a water Pokemon. Blastoise as of right now and possibly next season is quite a competitive deck, I'm not going to tell you to go out and spend $100 on the deck because that wouldn't be a wise move as of now because there are no more tournaments that you can go to until late September, so for noCw I'll say you should buy 2 of the Ice Shock theme deck because it contains Blastoise (which you need more of) and Black Kyurem (your fire counter). You should also buy a couple of the Keldeo EX tin just to get a Keldeo EX because it synergises very well with Blastoise Also which Jelicient are you using? If you're not sure of the set it's from then just name its moves and any abilities it may have. So eventually you'll have this

3-3-3 Blastoise
2 Keldeo EX
2 Black Kyurem
2-2 Jelicient (It will eventually be removed for better things)

The Trainer section is a bit tricky in working out what works best for you, but a general rule of thumb, you're going to want 10-12 supporters dedicated to drawing cards (Juniper, Cheren, N .etc) 5 Pokemon searching cards (Pokemon Communication .etc) the rest you can fill with whatever you think is good. With time you'll come to know what is good and bad.

Energy: you only need a maximum of 14 energy. You don't want your hand clogged with energy when you'd have trainers that can get you stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back