Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

????? Deck (Not named yet) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

andres

?????? Deck

I haven´t give the Deck a name because I’m not used to name my stuff, but this doesn’t mean I won’t name it.
I accept any comments and sorry for no putting pictures.

Cards you’ll need for this deck (Art Attack Style)

Pokémon = 21
Dratini (D.S. 66) x 2
Dratini (D.S. 65) x 1
Dragonair (D.S. 42) x 1
Dragonair (D.S.41) x 1
Dragonite (D.S.) x 2
Growlithe (L.M.) x 3
Arcanine EX x 2
Electrike (Deoxys 60) x 2
Manectric (Deoxys 38) x 1
Manectric EX x 1
Latios * x 1
Plusle (Deoxys 44) x 1
Rayquaza EX (Deoxys) x 1
Holon's Castform x 1
Holon´s Electrode x 1

Trainers = 23
Holon Mentor x 1
Holon Lass x 1
PETM x 2
Master Ball x 2
Rare Candy x 2
Pokémon Retriever x 2
Warp Point x 2
Switch x 2
TV Reporter x 2
Professor Oak’s Research x 2
POW! Hand Extension x 1
VS Seeker x 1
Mt Moon x 1
Battle Frontier x 1
Power Tree x 1

Energy
Lightning x 9
Fire x 7

The Strategy

Each Pokémon can act independently, but as a team they are great.

Arcanine Ex

Do as much damage as possible with Overrun so you can easily finish the benched Pokémon when they become Active.
Special Conditions on Arcanine! Don’t worry about them while you have a Fire Energy or a Holon Poke in your hand or a Fire Energy in your discard pile with power tree in play.
You can give a hand to Arcanine with Dragonite´s Delta Charge, then attach a Holon Poke to it.
Dragonite (D.S.)
This guy is the Major Player of the deck.
Mostly used for Charging your benched Pokémon, but it really helps due to Agility’s effect. You would rarely use Heavy Impact.

Manectric (Deoxys 44)
No particular strategy. I put this guy in the deck because of its powerful Magnetic Tackle and also because it isn’t an EX.

Manectric EXAs good as the other Manectric if you began with Electrike's Recharge.
Basically snipe your opponent’s benched Pokémon.
Because of its type, works excellent with Dragonite.

Rayquaza EX
Just in case of emergency! This guy is very weak and requires many basic energy to do a fair attack. Works great against all of those 90 HP or 120 HP Pokémon.
Dragonite helps a lot here.

Latios *
Latios is really useful unless your opponent has no Stage 2 Pokémon (Hate when that happens).
I prepare him for battle by attaching an energy from your hand and on the next turn attach a Holon Poke or just attach a lightning energy from your discard pile with Delta Charge and then attach a Holon Poke from your hand.
The drawback for Latios * is that you’ll have to wait two turns for it to be ready to attack unless it is in your bench along with two Dragonite, then you’ll have him ready.

Holon´s Electrode & Holon´s Castform: Holon Poke
As this deck does run many EX Pokémon it would be useless to use Scramble or DRE Energy Cards and of course you can’t attach them to basic Pokémon so here is the part were the Holon Poke make their appearance.

Plusle
It works well it you go first and have no other basic Pokémon.
Can come in handy when there are many Pokémon with poke powers.

Battle Frontier
It is not like you would die but it can seriously affect you unless you play another stadium, fortunately it just affects Dragonite.
The deck might become a little slow but you can still win.

Match-Ups

In my country almost everyone make their own decks so it is very difficult to say
If this deck it would win against a ZRE, LBS, Metanite, Rock – Lock, or any of those Archetype Decks.
Knowing that I’ll try to make the Match-Ups.

Vs. Rock – Lock
35% to 65%
I once made this deck without knowing it would become one of the tops.
I haven’t fought against this deck but to a variant, very hard to defeat.

Vs. Metanite
80% to 20%
Again, not this one specifically but to variant, instead of 3 Metagross, 3 Dragonite and Magcargo, it used 2 Dragonite, 2 Metagross and 2 Dark Ampharos.
It is cool, but a piece of cake if you get out Battle Frontier early.

Vs. Queendom
35% to 65%
Even having the resistance to the Fighting type because of Dragonite and Rayquaza, it is very difficult to win against any deck that has any Fighting Pokémon.

Vs. L/B/S
50% to 50%
Actually this is the only Archetype deck I have fought to and that’s because I was the one who completed the LBS around here.
Arcanine Ex would abuse of Steelix Ex and Jirachi, but Blastoise does the same to Arcanine, to avenge Arcanine appears Manectric Ex, Manectric or Dragonite.
Battle Frontier and Mt Moon help a lot against this deck.
Latios* hurts half of this deck, because many of LBS´s Pokémon are Stage 2.
Drawback: Lugia Ex and Latias *, they are the fly in the soup (Can’t use the correct phrase). Almost all the ????? Deck Pokémon are EX and weak to Colorless so you know what I’m talking about.

Vs. Any Liability variant
Being optimist 10% to 90% according to their main objective: Annihilate EX Pokémon
I’m sure it would be difficult to beat this deck, but nothing is said until I face it.

That is for now, if I face any of the above mentioned decks I’ll definitely write the experience.
See you friends.

go with the thunderblot Dratini (all 3)
go with the Twister Dragonair (all 2)
lose a growlithe for a Dragonite
lose lass for a mentor
lose warp points for transceivers
lose a retreiver for a candy
lose oak for admin
lose TVR for steven
lose pow for a scientist

my thoughts...

My opinion, you have WAY too many different Pokemon here. Stic to 1 strategy and build on that, 1 well built strategy will almost always defeat decks with multiple strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back