Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Del City, OK~ex Deoxys Pre-release: 2-5-05

~~"ex Deoxys" Is Landing in Del City, Oklahoma~~

Yes, that is right!!! Master Professor Birch is starting the "ex Deoxys" Pre-releases at "Drake's Place" in Del City, Oklahoma. This is not a typo!!! Oklahoma Pokemon players will be the FIRST to get their hands on the "Out of this World" set of Pokemon cards!!! Deoxys is the Pokemon from Outer Space and will be making its debut in this exciting series of cards. MP Birch has expanded his pre-releases to six "Pre-release Tournaments" in four days. But, the "Sooner Nation" will be the first. Thanks to Roger Stillwell, owner and manager of "Drake's Place", I cannot think of a better place to start the "ex Deoxys" than there. We always have loads of fun at these pre-releases and Roger makes everyone feel like family. This event will be no different. Come and check out the new series of Pokemon cards and expect to have more fun all day long. Check out the details below.

~Details for the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament in Del City~

1911 S. Sunnylane, Unit-1
Del City, Oklahoma 73115
(Roger will have flyers by January 9, 2005)

Contacts: MP Birch
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Cell: (972) 754-8618
Email: [email protected]

Date: February 5, 2005

Time: 10:00am (Registration Starts)

"GBA" Start Time: 10:30am

Start of Play: 11:30am

:clap: "Details of "ex Deoxys" Pre-release Tournament" :clap:

Entry Fee: $15.00

Format: Modified Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age Modified Swiss / 30-Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-over)
(Winners of Each Age Group will receive a "Winner's Pre-release Pin")
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Deoxys", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive six packs of the "ex Deoxys" boosters to make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic energy cards will be provided. We will play ???-rounds of age-modified swiss to determine a cut to the Top-??? of each age group to play for the "Winner Pins". The number of rounds will be determined by attendance.

:clap: "Details of "ex Deoxys" Theme Deck Challenge" :clap:

Format: Modified Limited (Non-Sanctioned)

Rounds: Same as above.

Prizes: Each Age Group (10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)
(Every player will receive: Pre-release Promo Card, Pre-release Player Pin, Four Packs of "ex Deoxys", and two POP Promo series-1 Packs...While Supplies Last)

Each player will receive a "Theme Deck" and two "ex Deoxys" booster packs. The players will play with their "Theme Decks" only. This is a non-sanctioned event. The level of play is for beginners and players that are uncomforable building decks within a time frame. Play is also very relaxed and informal. Players may help each other or ask for help while playing from the tournament staff. The number of rounds in the "Theme Deck Challenge" will be determined by the players in this tournament.

"Details of the GBA Tournament"

"GBA" Start Time: 10:30am

Entry Fee: FREE :thumb:

Prizes: Will Be Determined by Attendance

Rules: See Below

~~~Attention...Attention...The GBA Rules~~~

There has been ONE change in the rules. We will have two tournaments at once. Pokemon cannot be over "Level-50" in Tournament-A. Pokemon can not be over "Level-100" in "Tournament-B.

The "GBA Tournament" rules are below:

*Entry Fee: FREE

*One Big / Single Elimination Tournament

*Rounds will be 10-Minutes

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, & Leaf-Green

*3-Pokemon not over Level-50 for Tournament-A. / 3-Pokemon of Level-100 or lower for Tournament-B. (That's right, build those Pokemon up!!!)

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by attendance & highest finishing player in each Age-Group will win at least one Booster Pack

:clap: ~Side Event: "ex Deoxys" Booster Draft Tournament~ :clap:

Start Time: ASAP after Finals of Pre-release Tournament (ETA-4:00pm)

Format: Modified Constructed Limited (PUI Sanctioned)

Rounds: Age-Modified Swiss-20 Minutes (# 0f Rounds To Be Determined by Attendance)

Prizes: two "ex Deoxys" Booster Packs will be put into the Prize Pool for each player in this tournament. Players will vote if all Booster Packs go into the "Top-8" Prize Pool or if each player will receive one Booster Pack at the end of this tournament and the remaining packs go into the "Top-8".

Each player will receive six "ex Deoxys" Booster Packs and will go by the "Booster Draft" rules of PUI. Each pack is open and passed after a card is drafted for eack Booster Pack. Players then make a 40-card deck including energy. Basic Energy will be provided. We will play ???-rounds od Age-Modified Swiss depending on the attendance of this event. We will take the "Top-8" and do the "Single Elimination" for our winner. These are always fun to play in and are highly recomennded for players that want these new series of cards at a great price.

Good luck to all of the Pokemon players that will be attending the "ex Deoxys" Pre-release at "Drake's Place" in Del City, Oklahoma. I hope to see all of you on February 5, 2005 as "ex Deoxys" will be landing in your town, first. If you have any questions, please reply on this thread, call, or email MP Birch.

Take care.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
~~Attention...Update~~

~~~Attention...Updates~~~

I have added the "Side Event"-"ex Deoxys" Booster Draft. How could I have forgotten the Booster Draft Tournament??? We have more fun with this than the regular tournament!!! I also forgot to add that there will be drawing for door prizes. MP Birch will be giving away "Box Toppers", and other cool Pokemon stuff. (Any donations will be appreciated.)

Take care and I will be adding more information leading up to this exciting event.

MP Birch

Debate or Not to Debate

Whicker said:
Ahhhhhhhh
Nooooooooo

Debate Tournament On The 5th
I Must Try And Get Out Of It!!!!!

~Whicker~

Debate or not to debate??? Is there a debate at all??? Debate or Pokemon...Debate or Pokemon...Debate: school function on a Saturday???...Pokemon: get rating up higher and higher..Whicker gets invite to Worlds '05!!!! Debate or Pokemon...Debate or Pokemon...Pokemon or Debate...Pokemon or Pokebate??? Is there a Pokebate???

MP Birch

PS: Do what your soul & mind tell you to do. Good luck in your decision. Oh yes, I am sure that the other Pokemon players will not miss a talented player as you not being there. They may request that your school do more debates on Saturday.

w00t
I got out of it!!!!
go me!!!!
I'm so awesome!!!!!
My argumentation skills convinced my teacher of the importance of my friends in the Pokeworld

Hey Oldman, isn't it your birthday today, or yesterday? Happy Birthday. Great seeing you at the Ft/Worth CC. Tell the OU boys hello.

Yes it was yesterday. Thanks a lot. I'll let them know you said hello but always remember not everyone up here is an OU fan.

LOL. The only birthday cake I had was on my son's last month. Do you really want some of that?

I totally missed Austin's cake at Ft. Worth last Sunday as well, so no cake for a while for me.

I can't Wait for this release "boost is back" and I want a rematch with Susan and Clay(hope you are able to make it up for this) The after draft is usually the best thats when Roy sr. and Ryan get to play and of course I normally come in somewhere towards the bottom. I'm usually in good company with Roy sr. and Ryan there with me.

I'm looking forward to this. The great Boost Energy has returned! (Not to mention Crystal Shard for those pesky Dragonites...) My mother claims she'll also play in the prerelease and the GBA tournament.

Ohhhhhh...klahoma, here comes MP Birch, again. Everyone knows that there is no other place to party than with my Oklahoma friends. Get ready...MP Birch will have a few new surprises for you this time around!!! I can't wait!!!

MP Birch

Last edited:
I have some really great news for you all!
For all of you expecting to win, your chances just raised!!

One of the best limited players in Oklahoma will not be attending this tournament.

btw, Roy or Birch, is there any possible way that I could switch me free entry to the prerelease in Richardson?

Whicker - You'll have to talk to Roger about that, as he was the one holding the tournament for the free entry. I'm sure something can be worked out though. Even if it won't happen until the next pre-release.

Back