Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

desert eagle is going to worlds! (terrible nats report)

desert eagle

so, I actually have a pretty terrible record at nats (8-3) and somehow, I'm going to Hawaii.

Arrive at like 9:30, I meet Gordon and Mike for the first time, chill with Gordon, Mike, Sebastian, Matt and all the other non-randies, and do the deck reg

I play Infernape.

Round 1: vs Aaron L. (Speed Spread)
So I get a tough opponent round 1 who plays a real deck and has my respect. He scores a t2 ko with Ray and I come back and take 6 prizes fast by killing latios ex, ray ex and I think jirachi ex.
1-0

Round 2: John (t-tar ex/drag ex d)
I take a 5-0 lead while he sets up a t-tar ex. He kills 1 nape, then I lvl up to lv x and smoke him for 160.
2-0

Round 3: Robin M. (Medicham ex/Rhydon)
He had absolutely no setup so I just rick rolled him.
3-0

Round 4: Jenny J. (Speed Spread)
I trade 2 for 1 for most of the game, and I outspeed the deck.
4-0

Round 5: Sarah C. (Arcanine ex/Blaze/Typhlosion ex)
She can't draw an Arcanine until she was down 4 prizes, and I take out the Arcanine for the last 2.
5-0

Round 6: Lorrie L. (Empoleon)
She gets out 2 Empoleons before I get a single ape set up, meaning all my apes get rick rolled.
5-1

Round 7: Greg C. (Swampert/Lugia)
I mulligan *4* time allowing him to get a t1 swampert. Needless to say, I got rick rolled.
5-2

ew. 5-2 is terrible. I'm 6th seed

T16: Ted T. (Electinite)
I was afraid after knowing what I was facing because i thought Electivire had 120 hp. When the games starts, he gets one out and I'm just like o.o ***? 100 hp?
Then, I obviously rick roll his deck.
6-2

T8: Sebastian S. (Destiny)
mann, I didnt want to play him in t8 but the seedings are *** and I lost stupid games in swiss so things turned out like this,
Game 1:
I take a fast 5-0 lead, then I forget about his Latios* on the bench and pointlessly lvl up my nape, causing it to die. Then, I don't see a single Fire energy for the rest of the game. If I had kept the lvl x, i would of been able to find a fire for sure =/ misplay..
Game 2:
I get a quick ape and jsut run through ex's.
game 3:
He gets no setup and I just roll through ex's again.

Sry it had to go this way bud =/
7-2

T4: Geneses P. (Stantler/Golem/Exploud ex)
Game 1:
Ok, I have 3 Chimchars and a candy. I draw half my deck and don't find a single nape, while he pushes away my Celios (after I draw it with adv), and 3 candies.
Game 2:
Skitty start, no supporters, I get t2'd by a GEODUDE selfdestruct. wow..
7-3
GJ on winning man. well chill at hawaii

3/4: Gordon C. (Flygon/Gardy ex)
Gordon gets d0nked on time by 1 turn and hes forced to play right after that so he was on tilt. I had over half an hour to cool off after my terrible loss, so I wasn't playing as bad.
Game 1:
A mistake filled game by both of us eventually is ended by a couple quick kos with nape.
Game 2:
i don't remember how it went but I got the last ko by using Flare up on Gardy ex.
8-3
Sry man, I really wish it was us in the finals. If I played the metalix and you palyed the golem, it would of been us playing for the title. I'm sure if you had more time to cool down, the result would have been different.

UGH 3 losses is the most I've had at ANY tournament, but oh well.
I get 3rd. Dissapointing result at nats for alot of us, but I still get the trip.

Props:
Chad for being the reason why I win stuff. Thanks for everything man, I wouldn't be going to worlds without your help
Kettler for going 24-0 with nape and giving me the reassurance that it would be consistent enough!
Bianchi for making that nape list
OMAR for being OMAR
Everyone else who helped me test, and everyone who wished me luck
My opponents
Gordon, Seb, Mike, Matt, and everyone else for being cool
Dropping a 16 in one half the night before nats in a scrim, 6 (3 HS + defuse) in one round (most ive done, yes I suck *** at CS)
10 more days till BURN THE BOOKS!

TRIP TO HAWAII!

Slops:
my UGLY UGLY record, and the drop in my ratings that is sure to follow (althought it doesnt matter anymore)
losing to t2 geodude
geodude
no wii
not going 10-0
needing to fill out 3472893479283479823749823749823 forms before I get my trip to worlds and my scholarship
2 more months of POKEMAN

Last edited:
Omg dude such a good job. Chad would be proud if he was still with us! :thumb:

If it makes you feel any better, I won an invite with 7-3 two years ago =x

GJ. So, T4 gets a trip? or just T3?

Only the T3 gets a trip for Canada :mad: , POP really should at least give the 4th Place the invite since the US is pretty much getting all the rankings invite anyway. (Note: This is NOT to incite flames or anything, just an observation to current situation)

GJ. So, T4 gets a trip? or just T3?

It's Top 3.

Ugh, you just HAD to beat Gordon. :frown:^1000000

Nice job on entering the season as a rookie and coming out with a Worlds invite. Doesn't happen a lot (in the USA, anyway ;x). I wish you the best of luck at Worlds.

Moza: yay. get a trip at your nats man. you do it up bro

Bolt: done the report now =P thx man

Mike: tough luck bro, hope you have better luck next year =/ just keep rick rolling those kids at bowling, im sure the prizes are better than pokemon =P

Kettler: thx =D i should give you private props because your 17-0 run is what gave me faith in nape!

Willy: it's done now, enjoy

Omar: ily2 see you at nats!

Rambo: dam right! =D thx. own up US nats too!

Jeremy: woah go matt! thx Mr. 2007 Pokemon Trading Card Game Senior Division United States National Champion (to be)

Lakak: thx man

SuperWooper: yeah, I felt pretty bad after the game =/ I wish me and Gordon could of played top 2, or one of use in finals and one of us in t3. Guess luck wasn't on our side =/
thx, gl at your nats (and hopefully worlds =P)

Mikey: thx! I'll be rooting for team sexy and team x-files at US nats =D

It's Top 3.

Ugh, you just HAD to beat Gordon. :frown:^1000000

Nice job on entering the season as a rookie and coming out with a Worlds invite. Doesn't happen a lot (in the USA, anyway ;x). I wish you the best of luck at Worlds.

why isnt anyone wishing me lucks at worlds ?? good job Kant :D see you at worlds :p

Back